07-08-2020, 10:44 PM #1

Just bought a car...

Hello all. I have a question. I just bought a used vehicle that came with a Sirius account already activated. I’ve had it for about a month now and just today I guess the free 3 month trial ended. I want to add it with my information but when I go to the Sirius website and asks for the SIRIUS ID that’s on the vehicle, it returns with the previous owners name. How I do fix this? Can I subscribe myself for Sirius and add it to this vehicle? How can I remove the previous owner from the radio so it won’t access her information? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Red357

Legend
    07-09-2020, 01:41 AM #2
    If you've created an account on the SiriusXM page cleverly known as "My Account," you should be able to log in and change the user name for your car's Sirius receiver. The key word here is "should."

https://care.siriusxm.ca/login_view.action

If you are unable to do so, you'll have to call SiriusXM's customer care line – the key word here is "care" – at 855-227-6738. You can also chat online with a SiriusXM agent at https://www.siriusxm.ca/contact-us/ between 8 AM and 11 PM Eastern time Monday through Saturday or 8 AM to 8 PM on Sunday.

07-11-2022, 04:49 PM #3
    I hope you have better luck than I did. I bought a car 16 years ago and I had XM in it. It's now 16 years later, I have a new car, and I'd like SXM in it. However, after spending four hours on it Sunday with no tech support available, and then another two or three hours on Monday with four different techs, no one could figure out how to transfer the account to the new car and light up the radio. So, I canceled all my SXM devices and closed my account. So, where is SXM getting these "techs" who have no clue about the service they're supporting?