09-25-2008, 06:51 PM #1

Red face An idea for Sirus

I sometimes hate reading ideas or rumors regarding Sirius (i.e. Google/Microsoft buying SIRI or 'here's a great way to raise cash'); this is by far the weirdest stock I've owned. Having said that, I have a thought. I noticed MySpace launched a music sharing aspect to their site today. Perhaps Sirius could find a lesser social site and partner with them. (Maybe not even a lesser site; maybe do a deal with Facebook.) This would get more people to get Sirius to 'participate' with others doing the same. I realize that people who listen/subscribe to Sirius now are in certain circle; but, by having them go to a place and share thoughts/comments could expand the base and thus increase revenue (not to mention selling ads on the site). The merger buzz--for what it was--is gone. With the launch in two weeks of a la carte and cross programming it would just be another way to not only create a buzz but to grow the fan base. Just a thought....Thanks.

Enthusiast
    09-25-2008, 11:09 PM #2

nice idea REM

You're on to something stipe, and you make a million dollar point, with SIRIUS its not a buzzes anymore, no buzz can save this manipulated stock, its all about mainstream, exposure, becoming easily accessible. Look, you and I know, the only way speculators and bought and paid for analyst can't touch this stock is if its mainstream, and has a fanbase they can't deny, even if just a fraction of myspace/facebook members subscribe and embed into their site, hell just 5% of 100 million members would make a huge difference.
    Then once the ball is rolling, broadcast SIRIUS streams on the site, stuff like stern, comedy, exclusives with stars and sports figures, music exclusives. 100s of millions would be exposed and SIRIUS will be a household name.
    I like it man , I like it.
    -J

Enthusiast
    09-25-2008, 11:12 PM #3
    oh yeah...
    and what merger buzz???...
    I must have missed it....
    I wouldnt have known they merged unless I was a member here or just happen to see it on Drudge for 2 seconds.

Joined: Jun 2008 Location: God's Country --- Up North Posts: 57
    09-26-2008, 06:39 PM #4
    Wow.. a Microsoft / Facebook / Sirius XM partnership could really be huge. Not only in the USA, but Facebook has exposure all over the globe! This could put Sirius on the map.

What a dream.

Joined: Jun 2008 Location: God's Country --- Up North Posts: 57
    09-26-2008, 08:38 PM #5
    Ok... one more idea.

Could Sirius provide radio subscriptions to facebook members, and thus integrate their player into the facebook platform.

What I envision is this...

Take this for example:

I have a subscription; my friend also has a subscription. When I visit my friend's page, if he or she is listening to a different Sirius station, and if I want, I could then tune into what they are listening to. It would make music more social. Facebook groups could also be tuned to a radio station. Facebook group music fanclubs (e.g., AC/DC), could have their own station. Some of those facebook groups have member bases into the millions.

For facebook, they could profit from some sort of revenue share, deriving from a premium subscription-based service. It would, potentially earn them millions, and it would benefit Sirius by having a much larger niche group to market to.

What do you think??? Just a random idea... the above post got my wheels turning... and I'm all about Sirius kicking some butt.