Page 52 of 60 ... 2425051525354 ...
    Legend
    01-23-2020, 05:22 PM #511
    The inviolable policy at Fox News, a.k.a. the Trump Cheerleading Channel, is: "See no evil in Trump, hear no evil about Trump, speak no evil about Trump." While other news outlets were airing the impeachment trial, Fox News hosts were busy praising Donald Trump, attacking Democrats, praising Donald Trump, attacking the impeachment trial and praising Donald Trump. No wonder Fox News is the favorite channel of Emperor Trump and his brainwashed, blindly loyal supporters. The Fox News hosts worship Trump almost as much as he worships himself.

Instead of airing the impeachment trial, Fox News fed its viewers pro-Trump opinions in prime time

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/media...age/index.html

Legend
    01-23-2020, 07:55 PM #512
    Because no Senate Republicans have read the transcripts of the House impeachment hearings, much of the evidence Democrats are presenting during the impeachment trial they're hearing for the first time. Will any of them hear enoughand learn enough to conclude that Trump is indeed guilty of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress and deserves to be removed from office? After all, they did take an oath to be "impartial jurors." Will they support the Constitution, the rule of law, the Presidential oath of office and our system of checks and balances – or will they unanimously vote to acquit Donald Trump, thereby sending a message to all future Presidents that abuse of power, lies, cover-ups, unconstitutional actions, foreign entanglements, failure to comply with subpoenas and the withholding of evidence are acceptable?

GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz praised Democrats' impeachment presentation and skewered Trump's defense as looking like 'an 8th-grade book report'

https://www.businessinsider.com/matt...-report-2020-1

Legend
    01-24-2020, 01:25 AM #513
    "Look, my call with Zelensky was perfect, okay? I've done nothing wrong. The impeachment is a scam, a hoax and a witch hunt, okay? I know it looks suspicious that I lied and ignored subpoenas and hid evidence and interfered with investigations and refused to allow my aides to testify and I put my own political interests above the good of our nation but I have my reasons for doing all those things, okay? I can't talk about it right now. Hannity's show starts in two minutes. He loves me, you know. Loves me."

White House snubbed watchdog agency seeking info on Ukraine aid
    The Government Accountability Office later concluded the White House violated the law by freezing the military aid.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ukraine-103193

Legend
    01-24-2020, 04:31 PM #514
    Everything Donald Trump does is for the benefit of Donald Trump. He is quick to fire any aides, advisers, associates, attorneys and ambassadors who fail to show him the blind loyalty he demands. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was opposed to Trump's scheme to pressure Ukraine into digging up dirt on a political rival (who is also a United States citizen). After Giuliani, Trump, Trump Jr. and Fox News launched a coordinated smear campaign using debunked conspiracy theories, Yovanovitch was soon removed from her post. How dare anyone interfere with the plans of King Donald the First to withhold Congressionally-approved aid from an ally and seek re-election help from a foreign country!

'Take her out': Recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador Marie Yovanovitch fired

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reco...ry?id=68506437

Legend
    01-24-2020, 07:12 PM #515
    Emperor Trump refuses to believe the overwhelming evidence of Russia's meddling in our 2016 election. He chooses to believe Russia's false story that Ukraine meddled. He also chooses to believe Russia's false story that Ukraine possesses a DNC server. During today's impeachment trial, Schiff showed video of Trump and Putin in Helsinki, July 16, 2018. "My people came to me. Dan Coats came to me and some others," Trump said in response to a reporter's question. "They said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it's not Russia. I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it would be."

Schiff observed, "There he is, the President of Russia hearing his own Kremlin propaganda talking points coming from the President of the United States. Now, if that's not a propaganda coup, I don't know what is. It's the most extraordinary thing. The President of the United States standing next to the President of Russia, our adversary, saying he doesn't believe his own intelligence agencies. He's promoting this kooky crazy server theory cooked up by the Kremlin! Right next to the guy that cooked it up! It's a breathtaking success of Russian intelligence. I don’t know if there's ever been a greater success of Russian intelligence. Whatever profile Russia did of our President, boy, did they have him spot on. Flattery and propagana is all Russia needed." I concur. Donald Trump is a Russia sympathizer and a traitor to the United States of America. Он заслуживает импичмента и удалены от должности.

'Imminent threat': Democrats make final case to remove Trump
    Politico, Jan 24 2020 04:58 PM

President Donald Trump remains an "imminent threat to the integrity of our democracy," the House's top impeachment manager Adam Schiff argued today in an extraordinary Senate-floor appeal in which he accused Trump of embracing Russian propaganda at the expense of US national security. "The threat that he will continue to abuse his power and cause grave harm to the nation over the course of the next year is not hypothetical," Schiff argued. "Merely exposing the President's scheme has not stopped him from continuing this destructive pattern of behavior that has brought us to this somber moment. He is who he is.”

Schiff's appeal was part of the House's final attempt to break Trump's Republican firewall in the Senate, where Democrats face long odds to win GOP support for their effort to convict Trump on charges that he pressured Ukraine to investigate his Democratic rivals and then tried to cover it up.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...guments-103466

Legend
    01-25-2020, 04:13 PM #516
    After hearing three days of evidence of Emperor Trump's abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, Trump's lawyers today are parroting Trump's claim that he's "done nothing wrong." King Donald the First violated the Constitution and the Presidential oath of office by withholding Congressionally-approved aid from an ally and pressuring another country to dig up dirt on a political rival. CNN last night showed a clip of Trump in 2016 insisting he will "put America first" in every decision he makes as President. That was just another of his more than 16,000 lies. Everything Donald Trump does is for the benefit of Donald Trump. Pressuring Ukraine to help him cheat in an election is the most flagrant example – but Trump's lawyers see nothing wrong with that, nor do the Senate Republicans who have sold their souls to Donald Trump. They will unanimously vote for acquittal and King Donald the First will continue to reign supreme, answerable to no one and accountable to no one. God help us.

Analysis: Will any Senators flip on Trump impeachment?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/polit...ent/index.html

Legend
    01-25-2020, 04:25 PM #517
    Letter from Paul Schiffer of Studio City in today's Los Angeles Times:

"The House managers presented a devastating account of Trump's and his enablers' attempt to extort from Ukraine and undermine the 2020 election. Their case was comprehensive and ironclad – this, despite the administration's unprecedented stonewalling and refusal to provide subpoenaed documents and witnesses, which is the just basis for the second article of impeachment. But it's not just Trump who's on trial here, it's also the Republican majority in the Senate and the GOP as a whole. Trump famously opined as a candidate in 2016 that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose any voters. This prompts the question: If he were to do that, would any Republican Senator vote to remove him from office?"

The sad answer to that question is "no." Republicans are brainwashed, blindly loyal members of the Cult of Donald Trump and they worship their orange-skinned cult leader as a god. If he asked them to march through the flames of hell, they would gladly and willingly do so. Hail! Hail! Long live King Donald the First!

Legend
    01-25-2020, 05:21 PM #518
    Emperor Trump's lawyers know they can't dispute the facts of his abuse of power and obstruction of Congress – so instead they're claiming there's nothing wrong with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. They're also taking a page from the Donald Trump playbook: "Divert, distort, distract." They're trying to do what Trump failed to pressure Ukraine into doing, namely, dig up dirt on the Bidens. You ask what the Bidens have to do with Trump's impeachment? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The Bidens are not on trial; Trump is. These sleazy lawyers, same as Senate Republicans, have sold their souls to Donald Trump and seek only to do his bidding. That includes diverting, distorting and distracting.

Trump's defense team to target Bidens in counterpunch to impeachment charges

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ges/ar-BBZjcvq

Legend
    01-25-2020, 06:41 PM #519
    The obvious reason Emperor Trump has so much admiration for Vladimir Putin, Rodrigo Duterte, Nicolás Maduro, Kim Jong-un, Bashar Al-Assad, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Mohammad bin Salman and other dictators is because he yearns to be a dicator, wielding absolute power and authority and accountable to no one. Let's not forget Trump insists Article II of the Constitution gives him the power to do whatever he wants. Congressional Republicans have sold their souls to Donald Trump and are doing everything they can to help him achieve his goal of being a dictator. A prophecy in II Thessalonians 2:4 says a "man of sin" will come along in the end times and will "exalt himself" and "will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God." Any guesses as to who that "man of sin" is? I know who I think it is.

Analysis: Think Trump's acting like a dictator now? What if he's reelected after this?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/polit...-24/index.html

Legend
    01-25-2020, 07:09 PM #520
    If you or I were on trial, we would be thrown in prison if we ignored subpoenas, withheld evidence and/or prevented witnesses from testifying – so why is the President of the United States allowed to do those things? Nobody else is above the law. Why should he be above the law? Obviously, he shouldn't be – but Congressional Republicans will ensure that he is.

Democrats are having a field day after Trump's lawyers accidentally made the strongest case to call witnesses in his impeachment trial
    Business Insider, Jan 25 2020 4:05 PM

President Donald Trump's defense team repeatedly argued today that there wasn't enough evidence to impeach him because Congress hadn't heard from any witnesses who had "direct contact" with the President. Democratic lawmakers latched onto those statements, saying they underscore the need to call more firsthand witnesses in Trump's trial, a motion Democrats are forcefully pushing for. Moreover, while Trump's lawyers complain of not hearing testimony from direct witnesses, the defense could easily solve that problem by retracting Trump's sweeping directive barring all executive branch officials across six agencies from cooperating with Congress' impeachment inquiry. "The President's counsel did something that they did not intend: they made a really compelling case for why the Senate should call witnesses and documents," Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer said today after opening arguments.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...t-trial-2020-1

Page 52 of 60 ... 2425051525354 ...