09-22-2019, 06:19 PM #1

2018 CRV satellite radio locked on one station with no audio

CS tried everything they had in their tool box with no change in my status. They told me to take the car to the dealer for a hard reset of the radio software. Does this make sense? Dealer is an hour away.

Thanks

Legend
    09-22-2019, 07:34 PM #2
    Welcome to SiriusBuzz! If you're getting no audio, the problem is likely due to a defective antenna or a bent or broken antenna cable. You can get a replacement antennas and cable at

https://shop.siriusxm.com/parts/antennas/

If a new antenna doesn't resolve the issue, you can reset the receiver to factory specifications, provided you can access the back of it. With the radio off, disconnect the power cable. If there's a cable in the port marked CDC (CD Changer), disconnect that one too. Wait a few seconds and reconnect the cables, then turn the receiver on. It should reset.

In the meantime, you can pretend you're listening to a mime channel. (Sorry.)

09-22-2019, 08:07 PM #3
    LOL! Forgot to mention that I do have FM audio. Are the antennas separate for Sirius and FM.

Thanks

Legend
    09-22-2019, 09:03 PM #4
    In vehicles with a "SiriusXM-ready" radio receiver, the satellite antenna is sometimes built in but not always. You may still need a separate antenna. Your radio should have a SAT button. If not, there should be a BAND or AUX button. Pressing SAT should bring up the SiriusXM screen. If the only channels showing are 0 and 1, SiriusXM has either not been activated or was somehow de-activated. What channel is your unit stuck on?

If anyone cares, here is information about SiriusXM's six satellites:

https://www.n2yo.com/whats-up/?c=33

Joined: May 2020 Location: Hudson, FL (Tampa Bay Area) Posts: 2
    05-24-2020, 09:18 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Susansisk View Post
    LOL! Forgot to mention that I do have FM audio. Are the antennas separate for Sirius and FM.

Thanks
    Yes FM and SXM operate on much different frequencies and thus require a separare antenna for each.