Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: beware of "automatic renewal"

  1. #21
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,512
    Someone at SiriusXM told you to send in a letter to cancel? When was this? That is mind blowing. I have never heard of this happening before. You can cancel over the phone.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  2. #22
    Overland1 is offline
    Junior Member
    Overland1's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2013 Location: Central NY Posts: 2
    Be aware that, regardless of how long you have been a Sirius customer and your subscription expires (i.e., you cancelled at the end of the term) and call to restart the service, they will try to add an "Activation Fee" to your bill when you attempt to renew.

  3. #23
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Overland1 View Post
    Be aware that, regardless of how long you have been a Sirius customer and your subscription expires (i.e., you cancelled at the end of the term) and call to restart the service, they will try to add an "Activation Fee" to your bill when you attempt to renew.
    Well duh. You're the one who turned it off, why would they turn it back on for free..? If you don't want to pay the reactivation fee, don't turn it off. It's not that hard to comprehend.

  4. #24
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    ... why would they turn it back on for free..?
    Because they don't charge new users to activate their radios.

    The reactivation fee is a silly fee that isn't enforced and is easily circumvented.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  5. #25
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Because they don't charge new users to activate their radios.

    The reactivation fee is a silly fee that isn't enforced and is easily circumvented.
    If you're calling in all the time to have it waived, they're going to stop waiving it. It's documented. Doesn't sound like he's a new user to me. SiriusXM is obviously not the only company that charges an activation fee. Automatic renewal is their for convenience, so it doesn't just randomly shut off while you're listening to it. Like I've said before, don't like auto renewal, stick with invoice, or don't even bother to sign up.

  6. #26
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    If you're calling in all the time to have it waived, they're going to stop waiving it. It's documented.
    Where is it documented? I'd like to see this document you speak of. I have been a subscriber since 2005 and have had a myriad of subs and different radios and I have NEVER paid a reactivation fee. I've never even had a CS rep suggest it. However, I have had CS reps say on multiple occasions "I am going to go ahead and wave the activation fee for you" without me saying a word.

    Also, the promos that SiriusXM sends out to members trying to entice them to come back all waive the activation fee.

    Anyone paying a reactivation fee is a rube.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  7. #27
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Where is it documented? I'd like to see this document you speak of. I have been a subscriber since 2005 and have had a myriad of subs and different radios and I have NEVER paid a reactivation fee. I've never even had a CS rep suggest it. However, I have had CS reps say on multiple occasions "I am going to go ahead and wave the activation fee for you" without me saying a word.

    Also, the promos that SiriusXM sends out to members trying to entice them to come back all waive the activation fee.

    Anyone paying a reactivation fee is a rube.

    The documentation I speak of is the notations on each account that I stare at all day. I also listen to the sales agent all day charge customers for the activation fee. It's nothing new, & if you're going to constantly shut off & on your radio, you're bound to be charged the activation fee a few times.

  8. #28
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,512
    So you are a customer service rep at SiriusXM?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    It's nothing new, & if you're going to constantly shut off & on your radio, you're bound to be charged the activation fee a few times.
    How, when as soon as anyone cancels they get a 6 month for $25 offer with free reactivation?

    Anyone who happens to stumble across this thread, don't let anyone ever charge you a reactivation fee for anything... ever.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  9. #29
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    Believe me, there's agents that refuse to do things all the time, on purpose. For instance with your example, call in & cancel every six months & wait for the 6for25 offer. That can be stopped by simply clicking two buttons. The customer will receive ZERO mailings on reactivating a radio, it's honestly not that hard, as I watch people do it all day long.

    It's honestly quite pathetic that there's THOUSANDS of customers that do this on an annual, semi-annual, or 5mo basis. It's almost sickening. The world of retention is utterly ridiculous, which is why I'm glad I won't have to listen to customers complain, just to throw a bone at them day after day for very much longer. Customers who don't pay the activation fee, can honestly have it, because when their service renews at the end of that 6for25 & they call into late too cancel, they don't get anything back beyond 30 days either way, so it's a win win for SiriusXM. True story.

    And yes, as a matter of fact I do. I work in the retention department.
    Last edited by joeepistonee; 05-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.

  10. #30
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    Believe me, there's agents that refuse to do things all the time, on purpose.
    Which is why people should call until they get a rep willing to work with them. I'm not ragging on SiriusXM, this holds true for any company offering a service.


    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    The world of retention is utterly ridiculous, which is why I'm glad I won't have to listen to customers complain, just to throw a bone at them day after day for very much longer.
    Because you are leaving or because SiriusXM is dropping their retention department?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •