View Poll Results: Should Sirius Buzz be shut down?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 20.00%
  • No

4 80.00%
    Legend
    04-20-2019, 12:13 AM #1

Should Sirius Buzz be shut down?

In October 2017, six years after someone complained that Sirius Buzz is "as dead as a coffin nail," I questioned why this site has such little participation compared to that *other* site. I also questioned how a coffin nail could be dead when it was never alive to start with – but that's not important right now. My diatribe is here:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...ew-Forum-Rules

I have started dozens of threads. I have posted poll questions. I have begged and pleaded for other Sirius Buzz members to participate. Otherwise, this site is little more than my own personal blog. Sirius Buzz continues to get two or three new members each week but participation, other than myself, is dismal, abysmal and whatever else rhymes with "dismal."

The Sirius Buzz home page has not been updated since 2008. Two days ago, someone else here noted the lack of interest and suggested this site be shut down. Should it be? Should Sirius Buzz go the way of Club XM, XM411, XMXP.com, Sirius Fan and Sirius Backstage?

I am posting this poll in the hope that Charles will see its value and not think, "That schmuck has no right to ask such a question. I'm deleting his post." I also hope Sirius Buzz members will vote and then give their reasons for voting the way they did. And if nobody bothers to vote, I think we can assume that nobody really cares about this site's continued existence. Then it will be up to Charles whether to shut this site down due to lack of interest.

Vote!

04-20-2019, 01:02 AM #2
    I like to post stories about basketball and hockey but I do not think I would miss this site if it was shut down so I voted yes.

Legend
    04-21-2019, 12:43 AM #3
    Well, this poll has been up for 24 hours and I can't say I'm surprised by the lack of response. Ziggy (Zbigniew Szymczyk) shut down XM411.com in 2013 due to lack of interest and lack of participation. Sirius Buzz, apart from my own posts and an occasional post by Atypical, midas, Rewind, SlapShot or dm_4, is suffering from the same lack of interest and lack of participation. If I were Charles, I would shut this site down. But I'm not Charles – he is. It is his decision to make.....or to not make. Apparently no one really cares one way or the other. And that is sad.

04-21-2019, 02:30 PM #4
    Que sera sera as they say.

Legend
    04-21-2019, 03:13 PM #5
    Thank you for your vote. I thought of a good idea: Charles could rename this site SiriusXM Buzz. Then when people do Google searches for "SiriusXM," the site's name would show up somewhere in the results. If more people discover this site, we would likely get many new members and – ideally – more participation.

04-21-2019, 03:26 PM #6
    Good idea.

04-21-2019, 04:15 PM #7
    Some years ago there were a fairly large number of people here who posted regularly. Most were on the threads that discussed the dire financial status of Sirius and many others had technical questions about the service.

Those forums open to political conversations and other non-Sirius related subjects had frequent posts. That's why I started a number of threads which received a steady readership and engaged with the moderator, SiriMonkey, in a string of running stories in the humor forum.

I also publicly asked for others to join in the discussions as I wanted to increase the contributions and contributors. It went unanswered.

The company SiriusXM is now essentially a routine business, and there are other sites that specialize in "news."

Without a 'hook" I don't see any change in the future.

05-03-2020, 08:24 PM #8
    I know some of the people who post here also post things on XMFan. The XMFan.com site will shut down on May 10 and I hope some of their members will join Sirius Buzz. It would be nice to have more participation here.

05-04-2020, 12:15 PM #9
    The more the merrier as they say.