04-03-2019, 09:07 PM #1

Help with a song

I wasn't sure which place was the best to ask in, so hopefully I'm not way off asking here.

I heard a song on Lithium the other day, Glycerine EXCLUSIVE by Bush. I had never heard this version, and I'm guessing by the EXCLUSIVE in the title that it's a Lithium exclusive? I tried to find this version as soon as I got home to buy it, but I'm not finding it anywhere. So I guess I'm looking for confirmation that 'exclusive' means I won't be able to hear this song anywhere else or be able to purchase it?

I NEED this version in my life I favorited it, but haven't come across it since while I've been in the car unfortunately.

Thanks for any help

Legend
    04-04-2019, 12:53 AM #2
    Welcome toSirius Buzz! Yes, "EXCLUSIVE" is a word in the SiriusXM language that loosely translates to "You can't buy this anywhere." But don't give up hope! Bush's late 1995 hit Glycerine reached number one on Billboard's modern rock chart, #4 on the mainstream rock chart and #28 on the Hot 100. Lithium plays the song four or five times a week. The "exclusive" version was recorded during a live in-studio performance that aired in April 2018 on the channel's Lithium Live program. That version gets played less frequently, usually no more than twice per week, and is not commercially available. If you have a recording device, you can record the song the next time you hear it. You could also try bribing somebody at SiriusXM to make you a copy -- but I wouldn't recommend that.

04-04-2019, 09:41 PM #3
    Bush was my first concert back in 96 ❤️❤️

Don’t give up hope? Are you telling me it may be made available eventually? I actually made a quick crappy recording of about a minute of it with my phone because I had to play it for my brother to see if he’d heard it. Is there anywhere to watch or listen to the whole session, like YouTube or SiriusXM/Lithium website? I actually heard Comedown EXCLUSIVE today - good, but not near as good as that Glycerine.

Thank you for your reply

Legend
    04-04-2019, 10:05 PM #4
    When I said to not give up hope, I was referring to the fact that the song gets played two or three times a week and you'll have a chance to record it -- but here is another idea. Perhaps a Lithium listener and/or Bush fan recorded the entire in-studio performance. You can ask on the Bush Fan Club website:

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/bush

or on Lithium's Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/lithium/

I found the original SiriusXM announcement about Bush's Lithium Live appearance. It includes the 1995 video for Glycerine. I haven't been able to find the 2018 in-studio performance online, though.

https://www.siriusxm.ca/bush-lithium-live/

04-05-2019, 07:33 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    When I said to not give up hope, I was referring to the fact that the song gets played two or three times a week and you'll have a chance to record it --
    Aaaaah, I gotcha. Lol, I was super hopeful for a moment! But again, I thank you for the reply and the ideas!