09-29-2018, 11:17 AM #1

Thumbs down Sirius lee screwed!

I can't help but feel screwed totally by Serius radio, for this reason. If I had a car that did not have Sirius radio installed within its skeleton, I would have purchased an onyx type receiver unit to sync with my old car radio. I then could take that onyx receiver unit and plug it into a Sirius boom box, plug that into my household current in the work shop or pool, and enjoy using something I paid for, not only in the car but in the house as well, where I spend most of my time anyway.

I do have an old onyx radio receiver unit, I bought years ago before getting a car with built in Sirius radio that would end up screwing me. I also bought (recently) a boom box for that same onyx radio receiver unit. Now I am paying for Sirius radio, in my car, and too, I am paying for another subscription to Sirius radio, for my truck. Now with the newer vehicle subscriptions, and the onyx radio unit not activated, I guess I am now going to be gouged again by Sirius radio to pay for another subscription, to use in the home, when I am already paying them twice. Just does not seem right, and if I can find a way around this delimma, I would appreciate it. I would complain harshly to Sirius radio directly, but they don't seem to have an avenue, to do this. But if you want to give them money, they seem to have ways for you to do this. Just if you have a complaint, they don't want to hear it, and if there is a way to complain, they surly do not make it an easy task to find it, I have not found it. That is mainly why I am voicing my complaint here, maybe you'all, have suggestion or information I clearly do not have. Maybe not. But thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Like I said it just does not seem right. The only way I see around it is to let my truck subscription run out, then activate the onyx radio, and use that at the house, then sync it with my truck radio when I want to use it there. Then I will have a nice Sirius stock unit radio receiver unit built into my truck, while having to use the crappy onyx head unit, to get something I have already paid twice for. I.e. Both cars. Otherwise I will have to pay for three subscriptions to Sirius radio. And it is only getting worse and worse. I can't seem to turn it on any more to hear music, without first hearing what some stupid Disc Jokey thinks about this or that first. Don't know about you but I thought all this vetting would make me somehow feel better, but it's just pissing me off more. Everything is about money. And money is not in abundance here, living on a not so very good fixed income. Oh well! If you have read this down to this far, let me say this to you, SORRY, for bending your ear almost off.

Legend
    09-29-2018, 02:37 PM #2
    A few dabs of Gorilla Glue on my ear and it's good as new. Hayseed, activating the Onyx receiver will indeed mean you're paying for three subscriptions but you can combine the three into a single account and be eligible for a multi-radio discount. You can do so by calling SiriusXM Listener Care -- yeah, that's what they call it -- at 866-635-2349.

09-29-2018, 07:27 PM #3
    Thanks for the heads up. But what can i expect? I mean what can I expect to hear and what kind of rates will I be confronted with? I now pay like most, wait until subscription runs out and then pay the 30 dollars for six months. So with three do i get an egg roll. Ever heard you can only charge what the market will bare. Well this proves that Sirius radio has been trying to get from people more than the market will bare, but that has not stopped them. They still try to gouge people in to paying way to much. I ask, in hopes someone here has done the same deal with Sirius radio. I don't know if I have more leverage with wanting the extra account ot less leverage.