Thread: Sirius xm october - december 2018 *** sirius pandora 2018 ***

Sirius xm october - december 2018 *** sirius pandora 2018 ***

Congratulations to everyone that have made it this far with Sirius XM after the bankruptcy scare! Patience wins every-time. God Bless You ALL including DM_4!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    SIRI closed today at $5.95, down 23¢ (3.72%). Those of you who think SIRI will hit $7 by year's end may want to reconsider.

Dow Jones drops 800 points, stocks plummet amid tech selloff
    CBS News, Oct 10 2018 4:04 PM EDT

US stocks dropped sharply today, as a massive selloff in the biggest technology stocks drove the major indices to lows not seen since this spring. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged 818 points, losing 3.12% of its value at closing time. It was the second-biggest drop of the year for the Dow, which on February 5 lost more than 1,100 points in a single trading session. The S&P 500 closed down 94 points, a loss of 3.3%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite dropped 315 points, just over 4%.

Earlier today, Sears Holdings plunged on reports that the struggling retailer is preparing to file for bankruptcy. The stock fell 35.7% to just 38¢ in morning trading. It was more than $40 five years ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dow-jon...rop-wednesday/

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    SIRI closed today at $5.95, down 23¢ (3.72%). Those of you who think SIRI will hit $7 by year's end may want to reconsider.

Dow Jones drops 800 points, stocks plummet amid tech selloff
    CBS News, Oct 10 2018 4:04 PM EDT

US stocks dropped sharply today, as a massive selloff in the biggest technology stocks drove the major indices to lows not seen since this spring. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged 818 points, losing 3.12% of its value at closing time. It was the second-biggest drop of the year for the Dow, which on February 5 lost more than 1,100 points in a single trading session. The S&P 500 closed down 94 points, a loss of 3.3%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite dropped 315 points, just over 4%.

Earlier today, Sears Holdings plunged on reports that the struggling retailer is preparing to file for bankruptcy. The stock fell 35.7% to just 38¢ in morning trading. It was more than $40 five years ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dow-jon...rop-wednesday/
    I’m not so sure it won’t bounce back considerably. It appears that the sell off is more of a standard correction exacerbated by tariffs and rising interest rates. The Sirius plunge began as a reaction to the Pandora deal which should have bottomed out at around $6.50 in my opinion. Currently Sirius is massively oversold and is being driven deeper into bargain territory. Unlike many other companies who have worldwide exposure, Sirius does not. It is an American company that reacts to our economy. Since our economy is actually very strong, consumers who subscribe to Sirius will not likely suddenly be canceling their subscriptions in droves. (The only effect I can see the market having on subscribers is possibly the irrational panic the news inflicts upon people who become convinced the world is ending so they ditch everything except the bare necessities. But thing would have to get far worse for this to happen.) Since Sirius will likely remain upon this path of least resistance, I can see the decreasing SP as bouncing back completely within the next several months once the selloff / correction has stabilized in the broader market. Mark my word. Like I predicted in an earlier post of Sirius dipping into the $5 level has come to fruition, I also believe Sirius is becoming more of a tremendous bargain the lower it goes and if I had the free cash right now I would be definitely adding to my position. On another note, I am curious as to how things are playing out with the 1.44:1 all stock deal. I wonder if there will be a renegotiation that will possibly spare Sirius from dilution? Whatever is unfolding, it looks certain Sirius / Liberty will be getting the best of them.
    Last edited by bdp.; 10-11-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Guru
    Today was another dismal, depressing, down day for the Dow -- but SIRI was up two whole cents!

Dow drops 546; two-day loss tops 1,375
    The Street, Oct 11 2018 4:10 PM EDT

The Dow Jones Industrial Average today fell 546 points, or 2.1%, to 25,053. Leading the Dow lower were Pfizer, McDonald's and Chevron. The Dow's two-day loss is more than 1,375 points. The S&P 500 was down 2% and the Nasdaq fell 1.25%.

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/st...ls-on-14741468

5. Ad Fairy Senior Member