08-01-2018, 07:30 PM #1

Lightbulb Service Card Internationally Help

Hi guys,

First time poster, long time lurker here...

I’m hoping a forum member can take a little bit of sympathy with my situation and help me out.

I first discovered satellite radio a few years back when visiting from the UK for a camping trek holiday. Since then I bought my first Inno portable radio and use it each year. I love it.

Being in the UK means I can’t officially buy a prepaid service card, or have service with a UK credit card, so I’ve had to become more creative in ways to give SXM my money every year... especially if I can’t get into a Best Buy store in person.

Anyhow, Since I’m only in the States for a few weeks a year, I normally find a service voucher on eBay and just pay for a month at a time.

Now comes my dilemma .... I’m flying into a place that doesn’t have a Best Buy near, and I can’t find any auctions on eBay for service cards, so I’m potentially looking at being stuck without service.

I’ve tried lists of different voucher buying services, all have the requirements for the US registered cards.

Are there any other grey solutions to buying a service card that I may have missed? Perhaps prepaid debit cards that do work?

Thanks

RDT

08-02-2018, 11:07 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by RDT View Post
    Hi guys,

First time poster, long time lurker here...

I’m hoping a forum member can take a little bit of sympathy with my situation and help me out.

I first discovered satellite radio a few years back when visiting from the UK for a camping trek holiday. Since then I bought my first Inno portable radio and use it each year. I love it.

Being in the UK means I can’t officially buy a prepaid service card, or have service with a UK credit card, so I’ve had to become more creative in ways to give SXM my money every year... especially if I can’t get into a Best Buy store in person.

Anyhow, Since I’m only in the States for a few weeks a year, I normally find a service voucher on eBay and just pay for a month at a time.

Now comes my dilemma .... I’m flying into a place that doesn’t have a Best Buy near, and I can’t find any auctions on eBay for service cards, so I’m potentially looking at being stuck without service.

I’ve tried lists of different voucher buying services, all have the requirements for the US registered cards.

Are there any other grey solutions to buying a service card that I may have missed? Perhaps prepaid debit cards that do work?

Thanks

RDT
    Solution found!

For anyone else in the same boat as me, try using ScratchMonkey to buy the voucher.

It says ‘US Zone’, but my UK debit card was able to purchase a $30 voucher and apply it to my SXM account.

Now to get turned back on again...

Cheers
    RDT