07-25-2018, 07:56 PM #1

Sensational Alex Harvey Band

I am just curious why do they never get air play.Its got to be a legal matter.I grew up in the Cleveland Ohio area.They were really big,in my High School years.Disco ruled and if you hated it,you searched for something else.SAHB was it.Am I totally alone hear? What gives? Thanks Latimonster

Legend
    07-25-2018, 08:58 PM #2
    In the 1970s, heavy airplay on WMMS was instrumental in the early US success of Rush, Warren Zevon, Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed, David Bowie, the Michael Stanley Band and other artists but heavy airplay of the Sensational Alex Harvey Band didn't bring them much US success outside of Cleveland. The band had several chart singles in England and Scotland but in the US only two of their albums made the Billboard 200. In March 1975, The Impossible Dream was #197 for one week and a live album that same year reached #100 and was on the chart for four weeks.

Only two SAHB songs are played on SiriusXM. Deep Tracks, channel 27, occasionally plays The Tale Of The Giant Stoneater and The Coffee House, channel 31, plays Giddy Up A Ding Dong as frequently as three times a day. That's it. You can go to siriusxm.com and e-mail the program directors of Deep Tracks, The Coffee House, Classic Vinyl and '70s On 7 to ask them to play more SAHB -- but don't get your hopes up.