Page 2 of 2 12
    09-27-2018, 11:35 AM #11
    Update: Last week it just randomly decided to fix itself. I don't know what happened but now the radio comes back to the station I left it on and it doesn't take 1-2 minutes to pick up a signal anymore. Maybe it was the New Orleans clouds.

10-29-2019, 10:58 PM #12
    Oct 2019 update: after a year of working great, it once again is now doing the thing where it turns to a preset station and it takes a good 1-2 minutes to pick up a signal. Very, very annoying as I thought I was rid of the problem. But alas, here we are again. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can even think to do. I just have to put up with it again.

Again, I assume it’s a signal issue and for whatever reason sometimes it screws up here in New Orleans.

02-18-2020, 03:27 PM #13
    Same here in the Dallas area. Turn off the car without first turning off the XM radio. Turn on the car and the XM radio defaults to channel 1. Had signal refreshed did no good. This problem did not occur when cars were new 2105 & 2016

02-18-2020, 03:54 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Burger View Post
    Same here in the Dallas area. Turn off the car without first turning off the XM radio. Turn on the car and the XM radio defaults to channel 1. Had signal refreshed did no good. This problem did not occur when cars were new 2105 & 2016
    It re-fixed itself for me againin December.

So this is twice now where it did this and then fixed by itself about a month or two later. Going by history, this means the problem will occur again in 2021 and will be that way for a month or two before it fixes again.

I wish there was a concrete way to fix it as soon as it occurs but everyone from dealers to Sirius has told me it's a "signal issue". So it's unfortunately an annoyance you have to put up with for a few months before the signal decides to fix itself.

11-21-2020, 01:07 PM #15
    Same issue on my 2016 Nissan Murano factory installed radio. This first happened a few years ago Normally, it takes 5-10 seconds to acquire an XM signal upon starting the vehicle, but when this issue started it took sometimes up to 90 seconds. During this time the XM radio plays, but I can't change the station and there is no station displayed. When I was finally able to see the station display, it would always be on channel 82, which is one of my presets even if it was on a different preset when I turned off the vehicle. Somehow fixed itself a few months later...didn't do a signal refresh. It is now doing the same thing, but this time always reverting to channel 301 (another of my presets) whenever I start the vehicle. Earlier this week I did a signal refresh and that did nothing. Read that others are having the same issue and seems many have a Nissan vehicle so this could mainly be a Nissan issue. Very frustrating! Not the end of the world frustrating, but frustrating nevertheless.
    Last edited by Jakeblues_1; 11-21-2020 at 01:12 PM.

11-21-2020, 02:27 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeblues_1 View Post
    Same issue on my 2016 Nissan Murano factory installed radio. This first happened a few years ago Normally, it takes 5-10 seconds to acquire an XM signal upon starting the vehicle, but when this issue started it took sometimes up to 90 seconds. During this time the XM radio plays, but I can't change the station and there is no station displayed. When I was finally able to see the station display, it would always be on channel 82, which is one of my presets even if it was on a different preset when I turned off the vehicle. Somehow fixed itself a few months later...didn't do a signal refresh. It is now doing the same thing, but this time always reverting to channel 301 (another of my presets) whenever I start the vehicle. Earlier this week I did a signal refresh and that did nothing. Read that others are having the same issue and seems many have a Nissan vehicle so this could mainly be a Nissan issue. Very frustrating! Not the end of the world frustrating, but frustrating nevertheless.
    Very sorry to hear that. Yes, it’s not a major issue but definitely an annoyance. Going by history, it will fix itself in a month or two. Hopefully you get lucky and it fixes itself sooner.

I too grew more annoyed at the having to wait 1 minute to 90 seconds for the signal to come on so that I could change the station rather than be annoyed at it going to the same preset station.

Page 2 of 2 12