Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Sirius XM APRIL - JUNE 2018 $$$$ SIRI $$$$

  1. #11
    airman is offline
    Enthusiast
    airman's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 237
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This statement is unAmerican.

    I don't disagree with the generalized idea of keeping politics out of places where they don't belong, I just feel like it is my duty as an American to point out that "shutting up" or as you say "keeping your trap shut" is contrary to what our founding fathers wanted.
    It is not unAmerican at all ... it is uniquely American!!! Had I said you should be jailed if you don't shut your trap then you might have a point.
    Americans can stand up and say what they want ... you can I can .... he did , then I did.(Then ignore me if he likes)

    It is about context and your quote of mine did not capture my full context.
    Again my point is this is a forum about SIRI and stocks ...I am tired of seeing politics invade every part of life.

    So I can certainly say keep your trap shut otherwise without being unAmerican
    .... next time I will just keep my trap shut and stop frequenting the site that no longer focuses on the topic ... is that better for you?
    Last edited by airman; 05-01-2018 at 12:48 PM.

  2. #12
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    It is about context and your quote of mine did not capture my full context.
    Please explain what I missed.


    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    So I can certainly say keep your trap shut otherwise without being unAmerican
    You can certainly say what you'd like but, what you chose to say was meant to stifle. The notion of telling someone to keep something that is important to them to themselves is unAmerican. Choking the voice of the people is something I expect from dictatorships, not democracies.


    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    .... next time I will just keep my trap shut and stop frequenting the site that no longer focuses on the topic ... is that better for you?
    You can go shit in your hat for all I care.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  3. #13
    airman is offline
    Enthusiast
    airman's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 237
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Please explain what I missed.
    In the quote you missed the context that I was saying in this forum to shut up.




    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You can certainly say what you'd like but, what you chose to say was meant to stifle.
    Actually I have no power over him at all to stiffle anything he writes here or elsewhere... I was just showing my displeasure of him doing it.
    And giving him an opinion of what he should do. Unlike you that does have the power to stiffle. You are in fact telling me not to do something you are in fact doing to me.



    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The notion of telling someone to keep something that is important to them to themselves is unAmerican.
    No it isnt ...it is telling him I dont want to hear it(read it in this case). People tell people all the time they dont want to hear something. It is when you want to use power to remove that speech that it gets unAmerican as you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Choking the voice of the people is something I expect from dictatorships, not democracies.
    Wow so in your eyes .. me as a simple user of a forum (not even having any admin privileges) when I voice my opinion that he should quiet his political opinions in this forum makes me a dictator. Wow! I feel so powerful now.






    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You can go shit in your hat for all I care.
    Ok fine, please delete my account then. Have a nice day. AKA unAmerican Airman signing off.
    Last edited by airman; 05-01-2018 at 04:54 PM.

  4. #14
    SlapShot27 is offline
    Senior Member
    SlapShot27's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 300
    A number of times-- say in the last 30 days-- I have noted the SIRI stock price getting bid up (at some point during the day) by a noteworthy amount. Then, later that same day, the SIRI stock price (usually) trends back down so that it closes near the previous days closing SP. Sort of like what happened today...

    Anyone have any comment about this? What keeps coming to me is that, 'It's difficult for me to imagine retail investors managing to "bid up" the price by a significant percentage on their own." So, is this "bidding up" a function of institutional investors buying SIRI?? Any thoughts are appreciated.

  5. #15
    SlapShot27 is offline
    Senior Member
    SlapShot27's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 300
    ... Maybe it is simply because, now that SIRI is $6+, an eight or ten cent move is then same (percentage wise) as when the stock was trading in the 3's and 4's

  6. #16
    bcoz is offline
    Member
    bcoz's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2014 Location: Vestal, NY Posts: 35
    I've seen the same thing. I call it "the sag". If the morning starts with the sag, a large buy will come in at mid-day. We are in a new world, with Liberty at over 70% and institutions over 20%. As the float held by retailers diminishes, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the sp as institutions compete for shares.

  7. #17
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    In the quote you missed the context that I was saying in this forum to shut up.
    No I didn't. It was in context. That's why I asked you to explain.



    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Actually I have no power over him at all to stiffle anything he writes here or elsewhere... I was just showing my displeasure of him doing it. And giving him an opinion of what he should do.
    Causally saying "shut up" is common vernacular - I "get it." I have no problem with that.

    What you said was "but respect the county and therefore the President and the presidency by keeping your trap shut." -- which has a completely different meaning. It implies something more than a casual "shut up."

    I must not be crazy because, I immediately got a +1.



    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Unlike you that does have the power to stiffle. You are in fact telling me not to do something you are in fact doing to me.
    No I'm not. You can say whatever you want. I have never stifled you or anyone else on this forum.



    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    No it isnt ...it is telling him I dont want to hear it(read it in this case). People tell people all the time they dont want to hear something. It is when you want to use power to remove that speech that it gets unAmerican as you say.
    What you said was not a simple "I do not want to hear it" -- IMHO.



    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Wow so in your eyes .. me as a simple user of a forum (not even having any admin privileges) when I voice my opinion that he should quiet his political opinions in this forum makes me a dictator. Wow! I feel so powerful now.
    As I said, it did not and still does not (as I re-read it) come across to me as a simple "be quiet."

    Which is why I made the simple comment I did.

    I often hear people say things like you did and also things like "If you don't like it, go live somewhere else." both of which I think are unAmerican and should be pointed out as such. I have heard really intelligent and articulate people use this type of response/argument and I find it particularly puzzling -- which is why I pointed it out.



    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Ok fine, please delete my account then. Have a nice day. AKA unAmerican Airman signing off.
    I will not.

    Your participation is optional and you are welcome back any time.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  8. #18
    SlapShot27 is offline
    Senior Member
    SlapShot27's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 300
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
    I've seen the same thing. I call it "the sag". If the morning starts with the sag, a large buy will come in at mid-day. We are in a new world, with Liberty at over 70% and institutions over 20%. As the float held by retailers diminishes, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the sp as institutions compete for shares.
    bcoz, "The Sag." That term works for me. Where is Vestal, NY? I used to live in Seneca Falls and in Cazenovia.

  9. #19
    SlapShot27 is offline
    Senior Member
    SlapShot27's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 300
    Have we moved into some alternate universe? Usually, the stock market is up and SIRI is down. Today it's the reverse. Do you hear the 'Twilight Zone' music in the background?? Long Duck Dong, as Denco used to say

  10. #20
    bcoz is offline
    Member
    bcoz's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2014 Location: Vestal, NY Posts: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot27 View Post
    bcoz, "The Sag." That term works for me. Where is Vestal, NY? I used to live in Seneca Falls and in Cazenovia.
    South of the Finger Lakes at PA border. Looks like the big buy came in on cue today. Nice volume!

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •