Legend
    03-22-2018, 04:51 PM #1

WARNING: Scam phone ads on Sirius Buzz

A scam phone ad was posted to this forum late last night. It is the 28th scam phone ad posted to Sirius Buzz in the past four months. Every few days, someone creates a new Sirius Buzz account and starts a new thread offering iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones in lots of five, 10, 20 or 30. The most recent scam phone ad was posted by "kiyasduel." I'm sure all 28 scam phone ads come from the same scammer.

Twenty-eight fake accounts, 28 fake screen names, 28 new threads started and 28 scam phone ads posted across various forums on this site.......so far. Are the phones stolen or counterfeit? Very likely. No legitimate reputable dealer would ever hide behind fake screen names, use a radio discussion site as a source of free advertising and peddle phones in lots of as many as 30. Anyone who wants a new phone should get it from a reputable dealer, not from an anonymous scammer who posts the same scam ads every few days.

Charles is removing the scam phone ads as he becomes aware of them but this scammer is very persistent. He hopes a few gullible schmucks will send him huge sums of money for his phones, phones which might be stolen or counterfeit and phones which the gullible schmucks may wind up not even receiving. Please, everyone, do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads.

Legend
    03-23-2018, 01:14 AM #2
    The scammer is now posting his scam phone ads once a day. He just created another fake name ("eaqbigle") and another fake account and started another new thread. This makes 29 so far. I can not stress this enough: Do not open the scanner's threads, do not open the scammer's ads and do not ever buy phones from him. The phones are probably stolen or counterfeit and the scammer always offers them in lots of five, 10, 20 or 30. If you want a new phone, get it from a legitimate reputable dealer, not from an anonymous scammer who uses Sirius Buzz for his free advertising.

Legend
    03-24-2018, 01:17 PM #3
    At 3:35 this morning when most of us were asleep, the scammer was awake. He created his 30th fake account and his 30th fake screen name ("veralhj"), opened his 30th new thread and posted his 30th scam phone ad. He always always offers the phones in lots of five, 10, 20 or 30 and they are likely stolen or counterfeit. No legitimate reputable dealer would ever hide behind fake screen names, use a radio discussion site as a source of free advertising and peddle phones in lots of as many as 30. I urge everyone here: Do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads!

Head Honcho
    03-24-2018, 08:38 PM #4
    It isn't a "scammer" -- its a bot. You make it sound like a person is coming here and creating fake accounts but, that simply is not the case. Its a bot.

There are many of them that hit the forum every day, 90% of which are caught before the post ever makes it onto the forum. This one is half way decent and I am working on blocking it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Legend
    03-24-2018, 08:52 PM #5
    A scammer had to have created the bot, of course -- but now that I know the ads are coming from a bot and not directly from an actual human being, I understand why I have gotten no response from any of those 30 screen names. Charles, it is good that you're catching 90% of the ads before they can be posted, but it is also disheartening to know that so many scammers and/or bots are hitting Sirius Buzz. Are you able to identify an IP address behind all these bots? Are they all coming from the same source? Do you have a way -- something similar to a spam filter -- to block the posting of new threads containing certain words (such as "Samsung" or "phone") in the title? If not, send the bot a bill for all the advertisements it's posted!

Head Honcho
    03-25-2018, 01:42 AM #6
    I have been doing this for 20 years.

Yes, I am able to identify their IP's.

I am also able to identify the IP's on this forum who use multiple usernames -- which is against the TOS so, please stop.

Yes, I have a spam filter, which is why 90% are stopped.

You want me to block new posts with the words "Samsung" or "phone?" What happens when a new user comes to the forum to ask a question about the SiriusXM app on their Samsung phone?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Legend
    03-25-2018, 02:00 AM #7
    I was just trying to come up with an idea for blocking the phone ads. Okay, so it wasn't a good idea -- but I know you're doing your best to fight the bots and the spammers. I just hate seeing all the scam phone ads and I hate the thought that anyone might actually try to purchase phones from those ads. I guess I'm a wannabe ombudsman.

Legend
    03-26-2018, 01:22 AM #8
    Scam phone ad #32 has just been posted. The fake name this time is "eksubhash." Do not bother opening the thread and do not bother looking at the ad. If you want a new phone, get it from a reputable dealer, not from a bot or an anonymous scammer who offers to sell phones, likely stolen or counterfeit, in lots of as many as 40.

Legend
    04-10-2018, 12:18 AM #9
    Scam phone ad #35 -- thirty-five! -- was posted today. This one is from "orqhklop" and offers 20 phones -- twenty! -- for almost $8,000. The phones are likely stolen or counterfeit and if anyone is dumb and gullible enough to send thousands of dollars to the scammer, he probably will never receive the phones anyway. I repeat my warning: Buy phones from a legitimate dealer, never from an anonymous scammer/bot who uses Sirius Buzz as a source of free advertising.