Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    03-15-2018, 01:09 AM #1

Beware of scam Samsung/iPhone offers!!

Forgive me if I've lost count, but in the past four months there have been -- I think -- 22 scam offers posted across various Sirius Buzz forums. Most of them offer iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones, usually in bulk, like 10 or 20. Oh yeah, a lot of people buy 20 iPhones at a time, right?

Every few days, the scammer -- I believe it is just one person -- creates a new account, always with a screen name made by tapping random letters on a keyboard. The latest names are "lulrydyr" and "lqlqlqlqlq" and "iiaticuyts." Then he starts a new thread with an ad for the phones. Are the phones stolen? Are they fake knockoffs? I have no way of knowing. But nothing about the ads or the scammer's methods suggest legitimacy and he's using Sirius Buzz as a source of free advertising.

I encourage everyone here to ignore the onslaught of phone ads. Don't read them and definitely do not order any of the phones. If you want a new phone, get it from a reputable dealer, not from a scammer.
    Last edited by Rewind; 03-15-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Legend
    03-15-2018, 11:21 AM #2
    Charles tries to remove all the scam phone ads as soon as they appear here -- Thank you, Charles! -- but the scammer so far has shown no sign of giving up. Perhaps now that he knows we're onto him, he will quit posting the ads.......but perhaps not. Time will tell.

Legend
    03-15-2018, 07:18 PM #3
    Just a few minutes ago, the scammer created another new Sirius Buzz account -- screen name "ndakzxa" -- and posted another scam phone ad. This makes 23 different screen names, 23 new threads started and 23 scam phone ads posted. He's persistent, I'll give him that!

Legend
    03-16-2018, 05:54 PM #4
    Just minutes ago, another new member joined Sirius Buzz. He uses the name "sawiquari" and he started a new thread advertising Samsung Galaxy S9 phones. This makes 24 different screen names, 24 new threads started and 24 scam phone ads posted. I repeat my warning: Do not read these scam ads and definitely do not order any of the phones. If you want a new phone, get it from a reputable dealer, not from a scammer.

This warning is presented as a public service. Sirius Buzz does not endorse or support any ads posted by scammers.

Legend
    03-17-2018, 11:30 PM #5
    Another day and another fake name, another fake account, another scam phone ad. Today the scammer is "asalbikin" and he posted the scam ad in the Talk forum. He wants some poor sucker to pay $11,740 for 20 Samsung Galaxy S9 phones which may be stolen or counterfeit. They might even be legitimate -- but I can't imagine anyone other than a scammer going to a radio discussion site, creating 25 fake names and 25 fake accounts and starting 25 new threads offering to sell expensive phones in lots of 10 or 20. No legitimate, reputable dealer would do this.

Heed my advice, all ye of Sirius Buzz. Do not open the scammer's threads. Do not read the scammer's ads. Do not buy the scammer's phones.

Legend
    03-18-2018, 09:27 PM #6
    Another scam phone ad has just been posted. This makes #26. The scammer's name this time is "peabillmer" and he's hawking "30 Samsung Galaxy S9 phones." Thirty! All he needs is to find just one dumb ignorant schmuck willing to pay many thousands of dollars for 30 phones that could be stolen or counterfeit. One buyer and the scammer will be rich.

I repeat: Do not open the scammer's threads, do not read his scam ads and do not buy phones from him. Charles keeps removing these scam ads and they keep appearing, always under a different screen name and most likely all from the same scammer. If you want to buy a new phone, go to a respectable, legitimate dealer. This persistent scammer is neither respectable nor legitimate.

Legend
    03-20-2018, 02:39 PM #7
    "engimnk" -- another fake name, another fake account, another new thread started and another scam phone ad posted. This makes 27. I am dismayed that despite my warnings so many people here are reading these scam phone ads. I beg, beseech, implore and inveigle you: Do not open the scammer's threads, do not read the scammer's ads and do not buy phones from him, phones which may be stolen or counterfeit.

Legend
    03-22-2018, 12:29 PM #8
    Scam phone ad #28 has been posted. It's from another new Sirius Buzz member, "kiyasduel" -- obviously the same scammer who is responsible for the previous 27 scam phone ads. Again I say: Do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads. If you want a new phone, get it from a legitimate reputable dealer, not from a scammer who hides behind fake names, uses a radio discussion site for free advertising and offers phones, possibly stolen or counterfeit, in lots of five, 10, 15, 20 or 30 at a time.

Legend
    03-23-2018, 01:31 AM #9
    Fake name #29 is "eaqbigle," fake account #29 has been created, new thread #29 has been started and scam phone ad #29 has been posted. I repeat my warning: Do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads. Sirius Buzz is a discussion site. It is not meant to be a free advertising platform for an anonymous scammer selling phones, probably stolen or counterfeit, in lots of five, 10, 20 or 30. If you want a new phone, get it from a legitimate dealer, not from a scammer.

Legend
    03-24-2018, 01:11 PM #10
    Today the scammer is using the name "veralhj" and he posted his scam phone ad at 3:35 AM when most of us were in bed asleep. This makes 30 fake names, 30 fake accounts, 30 new threads and 30 scam phone ads. The phones are always offered in lots of five, 10, 20 or 30 and are likely stolen or counterfeit. If you want a new phone, get it from a legitimate reputable dealer, not from a scammer who hides behind fake screen names and uses a radio discussion site as a source of free advertising. Please, people, do not open the scammer's threads. Do not read the scammer's ads. Do not buy the scammer's phones

Page 1 of 2 12