02-07-2018, 11:16 AM #1

Troubleshoot intermittent signal loss

Hello,

We bought a new Nissan Murano in 2010. Our Sirius Satellite service worked fine until August 2017. Since then, our service cuts in and out constantly. It is at the point that most songs cannot run from start to finish without dropping the signal. We have a 2017 Honda Pilot and the Sirius signal never cuts out, basically it performs just as our old Murano used to.

I have been trying to fix this problem since August. Sirius has tried sending different signals to the radio. Then, they told me to see the dealer repair shop. Our repair shop said to contact Sirius. Eventually, Sirius said they are having trouble with repeaters in the area, however I think this is likely not true since our second vehicle does not exhibit any problems.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this problem? I know for satellite TV that repairmen can come and test signal strength and other characteristics to isolate intermittent problems. Is there some registered repair services I could look up? At this point, I do not know how to solve the problem and I really want my satellite radio back.

Thanks!

Head Honcho
    02-12-2018, 07:56 AM #2
    Sounds like antenna is going. Maybe the line is frayed somewhere? Maybe the fin got hit in the car wash?

I assume this is a factory installed head unit?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-25-2018, 02:06 AM #3

Sirius XM radio problems

I too have a Nissan Murano. Mine is 2007. My Sirius XM stations began malfunctioning two years ago. Originally, it was only in a certain area. As time went on, other areas began impacting my radio. I asked a Nissan dealer about this and the answer was simple, my radio was old and there is really nothing that can be done.