Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    09-16-2008, 11:53 AM #11
    I agree Rem. But look at the market. Have you EVER seen more panic? More insanity?

I'm afraid any deal would get lost in the crazy panic in such a market and have NO affect.

Unless Mel can strike an UNBELIEVABLE deal right now...I prefer to take a couple of aspirin and wait a week or two.

Imagine if Sirius can weather these next few weeks. Then the market settles because the government bailed out AIG...and the panic slowly lifts. A small rally in the market begins.

Then October 6th Sirius comes out with it's new radios and Best Of plans. Perhaps a tv commercial campaign.

AND THEN....in that more positive atmosphere Mel announces a refinancing deal.

DOn't you think the market would react much more favorably to Sirius THEN?

I'm not saying this will happen...or that the next few weeks of waiting will be easy. My stomach actually hurts watching what is happening today. If it gets worse...I might develop an ulcer!

But wait I will. What else can we do?

09-16-2008, 12:02 PM #12

On point

Friggin. You and I agree on everthing (except aspirin--I'm in need of scotch). And yeah, this environment is out of control and watching SIRI today here at work is working my last nerves. I'm not saying the company will go under (in the near term, although even this is subjective), but I am so close to leaving my postions. Having survived the merger process ("the DOJ will never approve;" "the FCC will shoot this down b/c of political pressure") and being excited for the future of this company and it's new products/content makes whatever decision I make that much harder. "Don't get emotional over stocks"--Gekko was right.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 12:44 PM #13
    How can you say with a straight face that Mel screwed Infinity shareholders?

He took Infinity from $17 to $170 a share in four short years when he sold it to Westinghouse.

Do your homework, that was after he screwed the shareholders and took the company private! He then after a couple of years brought it public.

09-16-2008, 12:48 PM #14
    I can't advise you what to do...but I sure understand.

I'm trying to be "zen" about it and detach....but it ain't easy.

As much as i loathe to admit it, I did invest money I counted on. Live and learn.

Mostly I'm kicking myself for sinking the last 5 grand in as I averaged down.

This horrible market has created REAL bargains, and I could have put that money to better use.

But again, hindsight is 20/20.

I hear ya about the scotch tho. And I'm a HEALTH nut...so u know it's bad.

Having said that, I MAY cash out of some of the money I put in when it was at the $1 mark...if we go back up alittle.

But I'll let the rest ride. I'm just not willing to take the HUGE loss just yet.

I could regret that decision....but my gut is telling me to stomach the bumpy road alittle longer. To see it thru these next 2 quarters at least.

I mean I waited this long and taken such a beating that the ULTIMATE beating would be if I sold now for a HUGE loss(that I don't want to take)...and then the pop we've all been waiting years for FINALLY happens with positive earnings and successful refinancing.

At this point THAT scenario would hurt more than the remote possibility of Sirius going to ZERO.

I'm serious. This is like an epic battle to the death at this point.

I'm either going to regret it...or be TOTALLY vindicated down the road. And how SWEET would that be? To have gone thru all that and finally gotten to celebrate a victory!

And I'm not even talking about a profit! At this point...just getting back my original investment would be a HUGE victory for me.

But I'll see what happens.

Anyway...GOOD luck with whatever you decide to do. :-)

09-16-2008, 02:35 PM #15
    we have gotten way off topic here. The topic was, does Mel have some kind of underhanded plan to steal the combined company from the shareholders that have shown great faith and been rewarded with much heartache.

Now, we can cheerlead if that makes us feel better. We can blindly wait for the ultimate outcome in the distant, and i do mean distant future. Or we can demand the leadership of this company answer tough questions as to why in the past 7+ weeks the ball has been dropped so, so many times. We can also say that benefit of the doubt will go so far and then someone will have to take accountability for what has happened to the share price and market cap of this business.

I will not argue Mel's distant track record, he has had a long succesful career. I will maybe question wether he has fulfilled his usefulness to us, the shareholder. Perhaps he was just the right man to get the deal done and now it is time for someone more polished and capable to take over. At this point we do not need a radio man at the helm. We need a business man with a stronger financial background to guide us out of debt. Caretaking the talent and the incredible product is the easy part at this point.

Now, I go back to my original point. If we here at siriusbuzz are questioning the strategy and yes the integrity of leadership(as strong, strong advocates of the company) then WHY would anyone that does not have a monetary stake in this company want to get involved.

I will say again, my investment is down 75% yet I am in for the long haul. I will either make a lot of money long term or watch it go down the tubes but I am committed.

And friggin no one said Mel step down, I said ousted, axed, terminated.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 02:37 PM #16
    I agree, Mel is butt ****ing all us shareholder, and he needs to pay.
    Im on board for any petition to have him ousted, just let me know where to sign up.
    Its funny to watch all the Mel lovers backtracking, I saw it all along, and it appears Jimmy and Hartleib has too, I think we are the only ones with common sense here.
    Open your eyes people, Mel is a crook, **** what he did at other companys, its what he is doing right now.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 03:02 PM #17

Hartleib, You got a Link?

He took Infinity from $17 to $170 a share in four short years when he sold it to Westinghouse.

Do your homework, that was after he screwed the shareholders and took the company private! He then after a couple of years brought it public.

This needs further scrutiny.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 03:04 PM #18
    Oh yeah mr. hartleib,
    How can Brandon even say this is good for shareholders if he's not holding on to anymore shares? How can any unbiased mind think any of this is good for shareholders, we are getting royally screwed, and if any of you think that things are "good", you are delusional and quit insane.
    Im sick and tired of people trying to justify this stock price, the crooks are having their way with us. And the brainwasher in here are trying to make us believe everything will be "ok", I never bought it before and I dont buy it now.
    What I find funny, every Mel supporter in here 3 months ago was saying, "shortly after the merger, the stock will skyrocket" then about a month ago, they said "next year the stock will take off", now the present day, im hearing 3-5 years and it will be up to 3-5 dollars. You guys have lost your mind.
    Quit trying to spread false positives and let reality sink in.
    Hartleib, im onboard, as a shareholder, to take whatever action necessary, im tired of being raped and ready to take action.
    Last edited by JasonL; 09-16-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 03:32 PM #19
    Send me a private message if you want to join in a Derivative Action against current management!

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 04:09 PM #20
    What is a Derivative action? What kind of Derivative action do you propose and what would result from it? How can anyone jump on board with you without knowing what costs might be entailed and what results could be expected? Although it seems daunting, perhaps futile to attempt to take on SIRI and or management, your proposal may have merit. You should start a webpage to explain the details of your plans.

We know that you have made prior and ongoing efforts to sue the company. You give the appearance of David taking on Goliath. Have you had any successes you can share?

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...