View Poll Results: How much money would it take?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1$ per share

0 0%
  • 1.5$ per share

0 0%
  • 2$ per share

0 0%
  • 2.5$ per share

0 0%
  • 3$ per share

2 9.09%
  • 3.5$ per share

4 18.18%
  • 4$ per share

5 22.73%
  • 4.5$ per share

1 4.55%
  • 5$ per share

5 22.73%
  • You can pry them from my cold dead hands...

5 22.73%
    09-15-2008, 02:42 PM #1

Every (wo)man has their price...

Would you support a bid to take the company private?
    Last edited by zcurzan; 09-15-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Guru
    09-15-2008, 03:28 PM #2
    Although I would be elated to get my money back...I really see this company taking off and I would feel screwed if I got anything less than what it will be worth 2 years from now....nothing less than $5.1 for me (just to break outside the available $5 vote because I wouldn't consider selling until past $8 a share, and if it got there I would have to reconsider if $8 is enough)

Enthusiast
    09-15-2008, 05:42 PM #3

Cost Basis

This poll may provide a measure of the individual voter's cost basis. In an effort to be realistic and not go too far off the reservation, I chose a number that reflects my cost average plus the smallest profit. Very often lately, in the case of buyouts, the retail holder (me) has been disappointed.
    If Mel needs more than $4 a share to break even on his own shares, then that's excellent news for me.

09-15-2008, 06:31 PM #4
    I'm with you Dee.

But if this scenario were to play out though, Mel is just Mel. He can work to broker the deal, but if someone comes in and makes an offer below his $4, he's just another guy holding shares and voting rights.

It would be really interesting to know what the average cost basis is across all outstanding stock. Then you would get an idea of what kind of price you would need to swing a majority vote. Theres certainly been a lot of trading on the way down, how much of it is trading back and forth, and how much is LT investors bailing / accumulating in the basement is anyones guess.

09-15-2008, 09:59 PM #5
    zcurzan--Elsewhere on S-Buzz I've expressed that I would like to see Sirius XM stick to its business plan. The '09 debt is the hurdle. This said, though, privatization is more attractive than the relentless decline. Long SIRI. (I am PM as a regular poster to articles but had to provide a minimum three letters to register my username for the forums.)

09-15-2008, 10:09 PM #6
    Dee, I was averaged comfortably down to 1.5 until the SP continued its decline. I'm down 40% overall on paper but remain long and strong. Fortunately I've treated SIRI as a spec play all along, so no real worries. As far as my price, I will not say. I will say that while the fundamentals have a long way to go, and while I stopped using patterns and upper and lower indicators because they remain unreliable, I have faith that the company can succeed if it sticks to its basic plan--pay off / pay down / restructure the instances of '09 debt, push product development, and push service offerings timely to the upcoming holiday season. CY09 may not be as bleak as painted if products, services, and subs get the leverage they deserve. Anyway, I getting a little too wordy and need to try to keep my posts briefer.

Mentor
    09-16-2008, 09:17 AM #7
    PM(O) - I as an investor am always interested in other posters ideas on the stock. We all feel that this company is severly undervalued at current prices. The only thing holding this stock down is the debt. If this company had no debt and it's current growth, this would be the stock of the decade. I see the debt being paid down this year with minimal dilution and the stock price growing healthily.

I would require a MINIMUM of a $5 share buyout offer to be satisfied, but would much happier if they kept the company opperating as is and continue to opperate and grow. Pay down debt, buy back some shares, and start firing on all cylinders.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 06:35 PM #8
    Damn I knew I should have sold Dec. 6th 2007 when it peaked at 3.93, dammit I knew it in my gut, but I carried all that false hope being spread around. Oh well, my loss.
    I voted 3.5, my PPS avg is 2.73
    Last edited by JasonL; 09-16-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Enthusiast
    09-16-2008, 07:57 PM #9

Crazies !

SiriusXm is second in revenue to Clear Channel. Clear Channel shares are about $ 33.00

Sirius Xm is worth half of that. At least that's what it should be.