12-07-2017, 06:48 PM #1

Kenwood 893s

Hi, I purchased a Kenwood 893s stereo with SiriusXM ready; however, the dealer did not inform me that I cannot just contact SiriusXM, subscribe, and start listening (I take full blame for assuming and not asking questions - I am too upset to contact the car stereo dealer so now I am asking you, for help; what do I need to do to get my stereo in a position to subscribe to SiriusXM? Do I need some sort of an adaptor? I have CarPlay but cannot find out how to find my radio ID?

Legend
    12-07-2017, 07:32 PM #2
    CarPlay actually streams SiriusXM from your iPhone, which connects to the USB port. If you have an iPhone 5 or later model, make sure Siri is on and then install the SiriusXM app. "But.....but.....how do I do that?" I won't claim to be smart enough to know all the details. I'll direct you to Apple's instruction page:

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205634

12-08-2017, 09:54 AM #3
    Rewind, thank you so much! It actually works! I know the mighty dollar controls a lot in this world but what upsets me is the fact that when I called the dealer he said that I would need to purchase an adapter; my only thoughts of forgiveness is that maybe he wasn’t trained on that piece of the subject?

But again, thank you for your assistance!

Legend
    12-08-2017, 04:16 PM #4
    You're welcome. I have the SiriusXM app on my Amazon Fire tablet. I can say, for example, "Siri, play SiriusXM '60s On 6" and two seconds later the channel comes on. (Siri is probably the only female in the world who never complains or argues when a man tells her what to do.)

12-09-2017, 11:37 AM #5
    I think I may have said a few things, at times, that made her testy