Thread: WHAT IS THAT BEEPING SONG THAT PLAYS ON THE 70s ON 7 CHANNEL??

WHAT IS THAT BEEPING SONG THAT PLAYS ON THE 70s ON 7 CHANNEL??

I love it so much but i have no way of finding the song name as there are no lyrics. It is very out of place for a 70s song. It is on one of the more popular playlists as it is on fairly frequently.

Thank you,

Marley

Mentor
    I'm guessing you heard Popcorn, a 1972 instrumental by Hot Butter. The '70s channel plays it two or three times a week.

The Dogstar Radio website -- Sirius, "the dog star." Get it? -- has many years of playlists for most of the music channels. Channel 7 is not listed in the dropdown menu but you can see the playlist by going to the '60s channel playlist, changing the 6 to a 7 in the URL and hitting "enter."

www.dogstarradio.com

Popcorn: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBYjZTdrJlA

Thank you!!!

Mentor
    By thanking me, are you saying I correctly identified the "beeping song"? Hot Butter was a sextet from New York. Popcorn was written by Broadway composer/arranger/conductor Gershon Kingsley. His original version appears on his 1969 Music To Moog By album. Here it is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2TYoBYsnY

Enthusiast
    My son used to have an Atari 5200 and one of the games he liked was called Pengo. You got to be a penguin and kick ice blocks around and try to squish little bloblike creatures. The music in the game was "Popcorn." I liked the game too and that's why I use the name Penguin.

Hey y'all, sorry to bogart a thread...Sirius listener care sent me to www.dogstarradio.com but I all I see is a database error message. Am I doing something wrong? IT happens with more detailed URLs as well, i.e. http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php

Thanks!

Mentor
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Mister grins. For anyone who doesn't know what "bogart" means, I direct your attention to The Fraternity Of Man's 1969 song Don't Bogart Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ifjIAoleI

I use the Dogstar site almost every day and for the past several weeks I've gotten a lot of those "database connection error" messages. I have Chrome, Opera and AOL web browsers and often the site will open on one of those browsers but not the others. Just keep trying -- it will open eventually. Check out the ongoing discussion of Dogstar's problems at

http://xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=121...hlight=dogstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Mister grins
    Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the info, Rewind!

9. Ad Fairy Senior Member