0 0%
  • The Christmas Shoes

0 0%
  • Other (Explain)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 12
    Legend
    12-21-2017, 09:13 PM #11
    In 2011, Phil Vassar recorded his first Christmas album in a single day. The album, Noel, included Merry Christmas Darling, which the Country Christmas channel just played.

Richard Carpenter had attended Cal State Long Beach and sung in the choir led by Frank Pooler, head of the choral department. In 1969, Richard's sister Karen took music lessons from Pooler. In 1970, Richard composed the music for a song Pooler had written. It was Merry Christmas Darling and it became a number-one Christmas hit for the Carpenters in 1970. Billboard did not include Christmas songs on the Hot 100 in 1970. If they had included such songs, Merry Christmas Darling would definitely had topped the chart. Here is Vassar's version:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vYj8U7G80U

Legend
    09-21-2018, 05:22 PM #12
    We have a new candidate for Worst Christmas Song. William Shatner's upcoming Christmas album is sure to be every bit as bad as Has Been, Seeking Major Tom and Ponder The Mystery.

William Shatner teams with Henry Rollins for a ridiculous take on Jingle Bells
    Los Angeles Times, Sep 21 2018 1:00 PM

William Shatner, never one to shy away from an opportunity to confuse, has announced the arrival of his first holiday album, Shatner Claus, with a raucous rendition of Jingle Bells. Typically ridiculous, the version features Shatner working through adapted verses and Rollins moving through the chorus. Rollins does his part with the same gym-shorted energy he employed while belting out his old band Black Flag’s My War — except he’s celebrating a one-horse open sleigh instead of annihilation. Shatner Claus finds Shatner duetting with Judy Collins, Brad Paisley, Iggy Pop, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons and others. The album arrives October 26.

Audio: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Legend
    09-25-2018, 11:44 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    I heard another Christmas song which is really stupid. I don't know who sings it but it's somebody trying to sound like Porky Pig singing "Blue Christmas." I'm sure it's offensive to people who have stuttering problems.
    I should have written this eight months ago but better late than never, I suppose. Denny Brownlee is a comedy writer, voice actor and movie actor living in Nashville. In November 1984 Brownlee recorded the stuttering Blue Christmas, with Billy Lynn on guitar and John Isley producing, in the studio of WBCY in Charlotte. The recording was played on John and Billy's morning show. It became so popular -- don't ask me why! -- that a year later Brownlee released it as a single. The artist was shown as "Seymour Swine and the Squealers." Th-th-that's all, folks!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NlaBn4v2e1c

Page 2 of 2 12