Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: White House in crisis

Legend
    That's okay. Trump will have no trouble finding another press secretary willing to lie for him.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will leave office by the end of the month, Trump announces

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wh-...rump-announces

Legend
    An article about government-issued "political action figures" in the new issue of MAD includes a picture of an action figure of Sarah Huckabee Sanders: "Swampmouth, brave defender of the Xenophobians. Pull her cord and hear her squirm out of any situation." The phrases uttered by the action figure are actual quotes of Sanders, including "Again, the President denies the allegations, "I believe I've already answered that question," "I gave you the best information I had available at the time" and "I can't get into the details of ongoing litigation."

"Swampmouth." Classic!

Legend
    Tony Schwartz, ghostwriter of Donald Trump's The Art Of The Deal, told a Los Angeles Times reporter, "Trump operates in a very narrow and amoral universe. Right is what he believes serves him best. Wrong is anything and anyone who gets in his way. Legality and truthfulness never enter the equation." That is true. Emperor Trump dismisses every negative story about him as "Fake news!" and he tries to discredit anyone and everyone who testifies against him. How dare anyone refuse to worship Emperor Trump!

Trump: It 'doesn't matter' what McGahn told Mueller
    In an exclusive interview with ABC News, the President said former White House Counsel Don McGahn "may have been confused" during his Mueller testimony.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ler/vi-AACT9K2

Legend
    Emperor Trump said he would "listen" if foreign countries offered dirt on his political opponents. He said he would not necessarily tell the FBI about the offers. His BFF Vladimir helped him get elected in 2016 and Emperor Trump is counting on Putin's help again in 2020. Mitch McConnell and the Republicans blocked legislation yesterday that would have made it harder for foreign countries to interfere in our elections. Emperor Trump is thanking McConnell for blocking the proposal because otherwise Emperor Trump would have have had to report the assistance he gets from Russia in 2019 and 2020. Emperor Trump is a Russia sympathizer and a traitor to the United States of America – and McConnell is one of his enablers.

Senate GOP blocks bill that would force Trump to report foreign election interference to the FBI

https://shareblue.com/gop-blocks-bil...erference-fbi/

Legend
    Trump's words keep echoing in my head: "The White House is a smooth-running machine" and "I surround myself with the very best people." He lies about everything else, too.

Trump's Pentagon pick is out after reports detailed brutal domestic violence incidents involving his ex-wife

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...reports-2019-6

Legend
    Emperor Trump, who recently bragged – falsely – that his administration is the "most transparent in the history of the United States," refused to sit for an interview with Robert Mueller after saying he would do so. Emperor Trump has had Sarah Sanders, Jim Comey, Kellyanne Conway and many others lie for him. Emperor Trump is now doing his best to prevent Hope Hicks and Don McGahn from answering questions about his administration. Nancy Pelosi calls Emperor Trump's efforts an "obstruction of justice." Hicks didn't say much today during her closed-door testimony. Almost every time someone asked a question, White House lawyers would immediately tell her, "Don't answer that!" What is our so-called "transparent" President hiding? What is he so afraid of us finding out about?

Hope Hicks refuses to answer questions about Trump White House, lawmakers say
    The former White House aide testified before the House Judiciary Committee for about seven hours today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...doors-n1019246

Legend
    I'm confused. If the Trump administration is as transparent as Trump claims it is, why would six White House lawyers be at Hope Hicks' side during an inquiry and tell her 155 times to not answer questions asked by House Democrats? I guess such stonewalling is considered "transparency" in the topsy-turvy kingdom known as Trumpworld.

Hope Hicks refused to answer 155 questions during House testimony

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ony/ar-AADbmez

Legend
    Fifteen women have accused Donald Trump of rape, assault and/or sexual misconduct. Trump said three years ago he has "evidence" to prove every one – every one! – of those women is lying and vowed to present the evidence "at the appropriate time." We're still waiting. Meanwhile, here is a sixteenth accuser. She describes Trump's assault in graphic detail and explains why she did not come forward until now. Very predictably, the White House calls her story "completely false." In Trumpworld, the President who lies continuously is completely honest and everyone else is a liar.

Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll details alleged rape by Trump in 1990s

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...990s/23754190/

Legend
    Writer and advice columnist E. Jean Carroll, by some counts the 22nd woman to accuse Donald Trump of rape or sexual assault, has given graphic details of being assaulted by Trump in a department store dressing room. New York magazine published a photo of Trump and Carroll side by side at a 1987 social event but Trump says he never met her. He's lying. Trump also says Carroll made up the assault story. Again, he's lying. And Trump, who paid hush money to two women with whom he had affairs and who is on record bragging about sexually assaulting women, says every one of his 22 accusers – every one! – is lying. Again, Trump is the liar.

In 2016, Trump brought Juanita Broaddrick and Paula Jones to a press conference and to one of his debates with Hillary Clinton. Broaddrick had accused Bill Clinton of raping her in 1978 and Jones had settled a sexual harassment claim against him for $850,000. Trump and the Republicans never doubted the women's allegations, not even for a second. But every time a woman accuses Trump of sexual assault, the Republicans always believe the lying President and not the woman. "Rape is a crime if a Democratic President does it but when a Republican President is accused, we'll look the other way." Such hypocrisy! How can any woman with any self-respect vote for Republicans?

'I believe the President': GOP stands by Trump on sexual assault allegation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AADpIeW

Legend
    E. Jean Carroll appeared Monday evening with Anderson Cooper on CNN. She gave details about her assault by Donald Trump and said she told two friends about the assault shortly after it happened. She then made a dumb statement. A really dumb statement.

Stunned Anderson Cooper cuts to commercial when Trump accuser E. Jean Carroll calls rape 'sexy'

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rape_sexy.html

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell was not impressed by Carroll's comments about rape. He declared, "This is absurd. These aren’t serious statements from a rape victim. They are wacky soundbites from someone trying to sell a book." Emperor Trump made the same accusation: She just wants to sell books. Actually, her story can be read online. Nobody has to buy a book. But her allegation should be investigated, not summarily dismissed by Republicans and a President who says she made up the story and added that "She's not my type."

11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast