Page 95 of 103 ... 45859394959697 ...
    Legend
    06-01-2020, 11:41 PM #941
    The Republican party has become a cult, the Trump party. King Donald is the cult leader and he demands blind loyalty. Almost every Republican politician gladly gives him that blind loyalty. Almost. Here is one of the few Republicans who refuse to worship King Donald as much as he worships himself:

Massachusetts GOP governor rips Trump's 'bitterness, combativeness and self-interest'
    CNN, Jun 1 2020 7:57 PM

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker on today excoriated President Donald Trump's "bitterness, combativeness and self-interest" as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd. The Republican governor made the comments at a press conference when asked about Trump's video teleconference call, in which the President urged state leaders to aggressively target violent protesters. The call came after nearly a week of protests across the country that at times have turned violent over the death of Floyd, a 46-year-old African American man who died at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis.

"I heard what the President said today about dominating and fighting. I know I should be surprised when I hear incendiary words like this from him, but I'm not," Baker told reporters. "At so many times during these past several weeks when the country needed compassion and leadership the most, it was simply nowhere to be found." Instead, he continued, "we got bitterness, combativeness and self-interest. That's not what we need in Boston, it's not what we need right now in Massachusetts and it's definitely not what we need across this great country of ours either."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/polit...all/index.html

Legend
    06-04-2020, 12:26 AM #942
    When King Donald looks at all the protests, demonstrations, riots, looting and arson, he has but a single thought: How can I use all this violence and turmoil to boost my re-election chances and make Biden and the Democrats look bad? In Trumpworld, everything is about King Donald. Everything. And using tear gas to disperse protesters so you could be photographed holding a Bible at a church? What a lovely gesture. Instead of trying to appeal to your conservative Christian base by holding a Bible, how about you try actually reading it?

General Mattis says he's 'angry and appalled' at Trump’s response to protests
    Yahoo News, Jun 3 2020 6:57 PM

President Trump's first Secretary of Defense, James Mattis, who resigned last year, today spoke out against his former boss for the first time, saying he is "angry and appalled" at the White House's response to the protests over the death of George Floyd. "When I joined the military some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution," Mattis said. "Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens, much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside."

He continued: "Donald Trump is the first President in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people. He does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...ests/24510442/

Legend
    06-05-2020, 02:17 PM #943
    A jobs report released today was better than expected – and of course King Donald the First takes sole credit for it. Funny thing, though – when there are thousands of job losses and unemployment goes up, he never shares any of the blame or responsibility.

Trump invokes Floyd's name while taking economic victory lap
    The President went from talking about jobs to praising police. Then he claimed it's a 'great day' for the man whose death spurred nationwide protests.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/polit...den/index.html

Legend
    06-05-2020, 10:29 PM #944
    King Donald the First is all-powerful. Congressional Republicans made sure of that. Who cares about some silly old "First Amendment" anyway? In Trumpworld, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and the right to assemble are no longer guaranteed. "Quick, let's hit these protesters with tear gas and get 'em out of the way so I can be photographed holding a Bible."

Black Lives Matter sues Trump administration over use of force on DC protesters

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...ters/24513020/

Legend
    06-06-2020, 02:11 PM #945
    Does anyone other than Donald Trump believe Trump likes black people? Trump praised white nationalists as "very fine people," he referred to African nations as "s***hole countries," he told four Congresswomen to go back where they came from, he called Representative Elijah Cummings' Baltimore district a "disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess" (even though many of the rat-infested buildings are owned by Trump's son-in-law) and he saw a black man at one of his rallies and said, "Look at my African-American over there. Isn't he great?" He's now trying to milk the death of George Floyd and the ensuing protests as a means to boost his re-election chances.

Twitter disables Trump campaign's George Floyd video tribute

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...bute/24512862/

Legend
    06-06-2020, 02:13 PM #946
    King Donald, our nation's tweeter-in-chief, was quick to denounce Twitter's removal of his video which, in effect, says, "I love the police. I love George Floyd too. Re-elect me!" He tweeted, "They are fighting hard for the Radical Left Democrats. A one sided battle. Illegal. Section 230!" Facebook and Instagram also removed the video. The reason: copyright infringement. But to King Donald, everything is about him. Everything.

Trump tweet gets personal fact-check from Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
    The President whined after Twitter yanked a campaign video for
    copyright infringement – but Dorsey set the record straight.

http://www.huffpost.com/entry/jack-d...b672054410ec1c

Legend
    06-07-2020, 02:12 PM #947
    By voting to acquit Trump on two articles of impeachment, Senate Republicans sent him a clear message: He is above the law and above the Constitution, answerable to no one and accountable to no one. He can say and do whatever he wants, with impunity. Many former officials are now denouncing Trump for disregarding the Constitution – but none of them should be surprised. We no longer have a President. We have a king: King Donald the First.

Colin Powell: Trump has 'drifted away' from the Constitution
    CNN. Jun 7 2020 1:56 PM ET

Former Republican Secretary of State Colin Powell said today that President Donald Trump has "drifted away" from the Constitution, adding to a growing list of former top military officials who have strongly criticized the President's response to the nationwide protests surrounding the police killing of George Floyd. "We have a Constitution. And we have to follow that Constitution. And the President has drifted away from it," Powell, a retired general who served under President George W. Bush, told CNN's Jake Tapper on State Of The Union.

The comments from Powell, the first African American secretary of state and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, add to a growing list of rebukes made in recent days by former top officials who have expressed discontent with Trump's strongman approach to the protests sparked by the death of Floyd, a black man who was killed in late May by a white police officer in Minneapolis.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/polit...ntv/index.html

Legend
    06-08-2020, 01:16 PM #948
    I'm waiting for King Donald to say all the polls are "fake" and "rigged" and call Muriel Bowser a "failing, ineffective Mayor." I know he won't disappoint me.

Polls: Trump approval drops amid George Floyd protests, coronavirus

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...irus/24516131/

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser says Trump used military 'like toy soldiers' to intimidate protesters

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...trump-n1227336

Legend
    06-09-2020, 04:03 PM #949
    The One America News Network outdoes Fox News Channel in spreading conspiracy theories. King Donald naturally watches both channels – and unquestioningly accepts everything he hears. King Donald constantly denounces CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post and New York Times as "fake news" when the number-one purveyor of fake news is King Donald himself.

Analysis: Donald Trump's deeply irresponsible conspiracy theory on the Buffalo man injured by police
    CNN, Jun 9 2020 11:02 AM ET

The footage is striking. An elderly man approaches a police line in Buffalo, New York. He is pushed backward by police, stumbles and falls, hitting his head on the pavement. Blood immediately begins to pour from his ear. None of the officers stop to help him. In a country on high alert for incidents of unnecessary use of force by police against those protesting in the wake of the death of George Floyd, the video sparked outrage. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo called the episode "wholly unjustified and utterly disgraceful." The two officers involved in the incident were suspended.

Today, the President of the United States suggested – without offering a shred of evidence – that the entire episode was the result of a broad scam involving Antifa, a protest organization. Here's the tweet from Donald Trump: "Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?"

Trump appears to have developed this, uh, theory from watching a clip on the One America News Network, the Fox News of Fox News. In the segment, footage is shown that suggests the man, Martin Gugino, 75, "was appearing to use common Antifa tactics" when he approached the officers." That tactic? Using his phone to "scan" police communication. The OAN reporter claims Gugino was using police tracking software on his phone. But there's absolutely no way of telling that from the clip; what's on the screen of Gugino's phone is not visible. And he could just be gesturing with the phone. Again, there's simply no way of knowing. What we do know is that Gugino was shoved, fell backward, hit his head and began bleeding. And that the officers did not stop to help him. And that he is currently hospitalized. And that he is a longtime activist and peaceful protester. There is no evidence that he is part of Antifa.

Given all of these facts, the level of irresponsibility here on display by Trump is off the charts, even for him. While Gugino remains hospitalized, Trump is suggesting that this is all some sort of orchestrated fake. That the man "fell harder than was pushed." That he was "aiming a scanner." That it "could be a setup." Trump is basing all of this conjecture off of a segment from a television report on a "news" network that is openly pro-Trump and whose journalists don't exactly live up to a credo of being neutral and independent.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/polit...eet/index.html

Legend
    06-15-2020, 05:55 PM #950
    Freedom of speech? Freedom of the press? The First Amendment? Sorry. In the Kingdom of Trumpworld. King Donald allows freedom of speech for everyone who heaps continuous praise on him and who loves him as much as he loves himself. For everyone else, forget it!

Trump administration expected to attempt to block John Bolton's book: Sources
    A lawsuit seeking an injunction could be filed as soon as today, sources say.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=71256834