Page 1 of 3 123
    11-17-2016, 05:33 AM #1

What Happens to ObamaCare When Obama Leaves Office?

your thoughts, guys?

11-21-2016, 04:43 AM #2
    I don’t have health insurance & I don’t want it. When I go see the doctor I pay cash, which is $50 & I’m done with it. I have an account set up with the hospital to pay my medical bill from having surgery or when I get hurt & yes I make $20 payments. It isn’t hurting anyone & it’s the best health insurance ever. It covers me which is all I can afford to cover.

I used to have health insurance B4 Obama Care came along. Then I got a huge bill in the mail that was 1/2 my paycheck. The letter said if I couldn’t afford to pay that then my insurance would cancel. This Obama Care is a joke

12-05-2016, 09:49 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixt1947 View Post
    I don’t have health insurance & I don’t want it. When I go see the doctor I pay cash, which is $50 & I’m done with it. I have an account set up with the hospital to pay my medical bill from having surgery or when I get hurt & yes I make $20 payments. It isn’t hurting anyone & it’s the best health insurance ever. It covers me which is all I can afford to cover.

I used to have health insurance B4 Obama Care came along. Then I got a huge bill in the mail that was 1/2 my paycheck. The letter said if I couldn’t afford to pay that then my insurance would cancel. This Obama Care is a joke
    Well, ObamaCare "sucks" because healthcare costs have risen faster than GDP or wages while congress has continued to fail to pass meaningful reform since the 60s. This meant the ACA was left to solve the entire healthcare crisis in one law. That law had to satisfy all parties, and corporations, and be palatable to the public, and maintain a free market.

12-05-2016, 11:09 PM #4
    On top of everything else, there are very few Platinum and Gold plans. When you do find those plans, then you learn real quick that your primary care, specialty, hospitals, etc do not accept the plan either. You have people that have been with their physicians for 15+ years and don't want to leave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyhappy View Post
    Well, ObamaCare "sucks" because healthcare costs have risen faster than GDP or wages while congress has continued to fail to pass meaningful reform since the 60s. This meant the ACA was left to solve the entire healthcare crisis in one law. That law had to satisfy all parties, and corporations, and be palatable to the public, and maintain a free market.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Legend
    10-18-2017, 03:47 PM #5
    After Donald Trump was awarded by the Presidency by the Electoral College, he promised that on his first day in office he would "repeal and replace Obamacare" with a "beautiful" new healthcare plan with better benefits and lower premiums. His boast was just empty talk. He had no healthcare plan in mind. The Republicans in Congress came up with three different healthcare plans. None of them passed. The Congressional Budget Office said each of the plans would have resulted in much higher premiums and over a ten-year period would cause at least 20,000,000 Americans to lose their insurance coverage.

On October 16, Trump said "the Democrats will be blamed for the mess" when Obamacare collapses. He also declared, "Obamacare is finished. It's dead. It's gone. There is no such thing as Obamacare anymore." All those statements are untrue. Eleven million Americans have gained coverage through the Affordable Care Act and many thousands more are signing up. Last week, Trump issued an executive order abruptly canceling subsidies that help insurance companies cover millions of low-income people. He also loosened regulations on association health plans which allow coalitions of businesses (such as restaurants and auto dealers) to obtain low-cost healthcare plans with minimal coverage. These plans attract younger healthier Americans and drive up the cost of healthcare for the sick and the elderly.

Three-fourths of Americans say the government should fix the problems with the Affordable Care Act but Trump continues to insist that eventually he will repeal and replace Obamacare. Last week he tweeted, "People will have great great healthcare. And when I say people, I mean by the millions and millions." Trump still has no plan and no strategy. Kaiser estimates that Trump's cancellation of the insurance subsidies will increase Obamacare premiums nationwide by an average of 19%. Trump continues to undermine the Affordable Care Act and he, not the Democrats, will be blamed when premiums rise and millions of Americans lose their coverage.

The Senate Health Committee is working on a bipartisan deal which would reinstate the federal subsidies to insurers but it is doubtful such a proposal would pass in a Congress dominated by Republicans, many of whom agree wth Trump that Obamacare should be repealed and replaced.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Rewind; 10-18-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Legend
    10-18-2017, 04:59 PM #6
    Republican Senator Lamar Alexander and Democratic Senator Patty Murray have been negotiating for several weeks on a plan to stabilize America's health insurance markets. The agreement announced yesterday would restore federal subsidies for two years and give more flexibility to the states but many Republicans would prefer to see Obamacare repealed and replaced. They also want an elimination of the mandate that every American has to have health insurance.

Last week Trump ordered an end to the cost-sharing subsidies and now he's encouraging legislation to temporarily restore them. On dozens of issues, he seems to change his mind every few days. Sad.

Legend
    10-18-2017, 05:36 PM #7
    Well, my comment about Trump frequently changing his mind is borne out once again. Today, one day after saying he supports the Alexander-Murray healthcare bill, Trump now says he's opposed to it.

The President who brags about being a great deal-maker has been unable to make any deals on healthcare and it's doubtful he'll be able to make any deals on tax cuts either. And then there's North Korea, Iran, Russia, NATO, climate change, immigration, gun violence, the opioid crisis.......

Legend
    10-23-2017, 12:34 AM #8
    Look what gets accomplished when Trump isn't involved!

Chuck Schumer says all 48 Senate Democrats support Alexander-Murray health care deal

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...D=ansmsnnews11

Legend
    10-23-2017, 04:27 PM #9
    14 health care costs set to explode under Trump
    CheatSheet.com, Oct 23 2017

It’s not fake news: Your health care might be in serious trouble. An analysis of the American Health Care Act from the Center for American Progress gives us an idea of what to expect, and it isn’t pretty. "We estimate that individuals with even relatively mild pre-existing conditions would pay thousands of dollars above standard rates to obtain coverage," the analysis said. "Coverage could become prohibitively expensive for those in dire need of care." If you have one of the following relatively common health issues, the analysis shows surcharges could explode.

1. Metastatic cancer
    2. Lung, brain and other severe cancers
    3. Heart attack
    4. Colorectal, breast and kidney cancers
    5. Rheumatoid arthritis & other autoimmune diseases
    6. Drug dependence
    7. Congestive heart failure
    8. Pregnancy with no or minor complications
    9. Stage 4 kidney disease
    10. Depression and bipolar disorder
    11. Seizure Disorders
    12. Diabetes
    13. Autism
    14. Asthma

If you’re diagnosed with metastatic cancer, you could be looking at an incredible surcharge increase of 3,500%. In sheer dollars and cents, that’s more than $142,000. Next on the list are lung and brain cancers, along with other severe types. These are very costly to treat and are incredibly deadly. And if the American Health Care Act comes to pass, insurers could charge an extra 1,790% for coverage. That’s close to $73,000, all told. A history of heart attacks would be extremely costly under Trumpcare. The analysis said insurers could charge you 1,422% more than before, or almost $58,000.

More: https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...trumpcare.html

Legend
    11-10-2017, 05:32 PM #10
    Despite Donald Trump's claims to the contrary, Obamacare is not "collapsing." Enrollment is well ahead of last year's pace.

Obamacare enrollment soars in first four days

http://www.money.cnn.com/2017/11/09/...ent/index.html

Page 1 of 3 123