09-14-2008, 04:07 PM #1

Newbie question: Should I sign up or wait?

Hey! Just got a job where I will be doing a lot of driving. I've always liked Sirius, but now with this merger I'm wondering if I should wait to sign up until the new Sirius-XM equipment comes in.

OR, will I just use the same equipment they have out now. I really like that portable Stiletto 2. Good display and a pretty good interface.

Do you think there would be any sort of benefit to just signing up now?

Thanks for entertaining my newb questions.
    Steve

Mentor
    09-15-2008, 07:40 AM #2
    Depends on what you want. If you want to pick and choose your channels and possibly save a bit of cash, wait until October 6th.

If you like the Sirius programming, and want all of it, then join now.

If you like XM programming but want something like NFL and Stern, then wait until Oct 6th and get the new XM radio with a-la-carte and get best of Sirius for an extra $4 a month.

It really depends on what you like. If you have any questions, post back what you like and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.

09-15-2008, 08:57 AM #3

Great!

Hey, thanks for the advice. I'll think I'll wait. I do like the Sirius programming, but the things I like to listen to are pretty slim, so pickin'-and-a-choosin' would work best for me.

Cheers!
    steve

Mentor
    09-15-2008, 09:26 AM #4
    Take a look at the offerings on the sirius website to make sure the channels that are available on the a-la-carte programming. Not all channels are available at the cheapest rate (6.99/month). I'll take a look when I get home and find a link if you cant find one.

09-24-2008, 02:22 PM #5
    Do i need to pay any extra, I just payed my quartley? I wanna get the ala carte when available so i can hear baseball playoffs

Mentor
    09-24-2008, 09:19 PM #6
    You want ala carte? I am not sure if baseball is on the ala carte, and even if it is, you will have to buy a new radio that will handle ala carte.

09-26-2008, 02:51 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Take a look at the offerings on the sirius website to make sure the channels that are available on the a-la-carte programming. Not all channels are available at the cheapest rate (6.99/month). I'll take a look when I get home and find a link if you cant find one.
    I am a newbie so take it easy on me I am not able to find anything on the sirius website about ala carte or best of information. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentor
    09-26-2008, 05:40 PM #8
    To find the details of the ala carte pricing, you can visit the FCC website and read a letter filed by Sirius XM.

You can read the press release here

I just cannot seem to find where they list what channels will be included in what package. I'll keep looking.

09-27-2008, 07:04 PM #9

Thumbs up

Thanks for the links Newman. I hope that you can find a list of channels. I am very interested in what is going to be available.

Thanks again.