Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XMP3 in Popular Science

XMp3

Thanks SXMI but this is the older version if I'm correct. The newest version that was recently advertised is nowhere to be found now.

Guru
    I was under the impression that it was going to be a part of the october 6th release.

I would be way way excited if they kept it off the market for an extra month to make it interop! (doubtful?)

Either way, I plan on getting it. I check the web everyday for info but it has been quiet since the leak in september.

Interop

I'm in your same boat im... The interop thing would be sweet.

Proud owner of new XMp3!

Wow! This thing is awesome!! I'd been hearing these were delayed until December but someone over on xmfan.com got one and posted pictures. So I went to BB yesterday just to see if they happened to have any and there they were! It's really cool looking. Much more iPod-like than the inno. I haven't had a chance to play with all the features yet, but so far I'm thrilled. It's about the size of my RAZR phone. It's a little lighter than I thought it would be but feels solid and the buttons are tight. The sides and back have a slight rubberized feel which is nice. And the screen... Beautiful!!! I've got it in the dock right now, flipping channels with the remote. I can see the text/graphics perfectly from 3 feet away. I was a little worried about the reception using only the built-in antenna. But I've been pleasantly surprised by how good it sounds while sitting in my living room or laying in bed. Haven't run into any software/hardware glitches. The only thing that doesn't appear to be available yet is the XM2Go Music Manager software. The link they give to download it isn't valid. I called XM and the call center folks didn't know anything. They gave me an email address of someone to follow up with. But other than that, I couldn't be happier! After years of using my old XMPCR, it was finally time to upgrade. It's well worth the $$$.

Mentor
    I was looking at the Best Buy website and it said that they were in stock and ready to ship...

Awesome

The no wifi thing kind of stinks but this thing is awesome otherwise.

Guru
    officially launched today 10-16

Mentor
    Here are high quality photos of the Inno and the new XMP3 side by side...

http://www.xzi.com/images/xmp3/1.JPG

http://www.xzi.com/images/xmp3/2.JPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12