Page 3 of 14 1234513 ...
    Legend
    01-17-2018, 05:06 PM #21
    Today's SiriusXM press release says this program is "geared towards men and women listeners." That pretty much covers everybody, I suppose.

SiriusXM to launch Women In Trucking show

SiriusXM today announced the launch of Women In Trucking, a live call-in show airing exclusively on SiriusXM Road Dog channel 146. The weekly two-hour show will premiere at 11 AM ET Saturday, January 20. Hosted by Ellen Voie, SiriusXM's Women In Trucking will feature listener call-ins and interviews with professionals from the trucking industry -- from drivers, technicians, and engineers to transportation CEOs and dispatchers -- sharing their stories of the challenges and opportunities of the open road.

Women In Trucking, a show geared towards men and women listeners, will also address gender diversity issues pushing for more women to join its ranks. With women making up 7% of the trucking industry workforce, SiriusXM's Women In Trucking will help promote the employment of more women by identifying and removing the obstacles that keep them from entering the field.

Legend
    01-25-2018, 03:00 PM #22
    Yet another "single artist channel." Payola is alive and well in 2018. Here is the SiriusXM press release:

Fleetwood Mac to launch exclusive SiriusXM channel

SiriusXM announced today that Grammy Award winning rock band Fleetwood Mac will launch an exclusive, limited-run SiriusXM channel, The Fleetwood Mac Channel, on Thursday, February 1. The Fleetwood Mac Channel will showcase music from Fleetwood Mac's extensive Rock & Roll Hall of Fame career, including their indelible hits, solo material, live songs, rare demo tracks and musical influences. The channel will also include exclusive stories and insights from Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie, plus special shows hosted by band members. The Fleetwood Mac Channel kicks off at 12 PM ET Thursday, February 1, via satellite on channel 4 and through the SiriusXM app on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

01-25-2018, 09:39 PM #23
    Been a subscriber for about 13 years. Favorite channel is Deep Tracks. Would like to hear just music but do enjoy some of the concert recording breaks. My suggestion would be to severely limit play of artists that have their own stations. such as Springsteen, Grateful Dead, etc. Probably because I don't care for them but that's my problem. Addicts will tune them in for longer duration and I won't have to suffer, because it's all about me.

Dan Neer, Earle Bailey, Meg Griffin, Jim Ladd, et. al. are outstanding in my humble opinion. Would love to be able to hear my subscription over the internet included with my regular subscription price, considering my longevity.

Really have learned a lot from the DJ comments regarding the artists or song history. I enjoy the different DJ personalities and their takes and opinions. Can't bring myself to listen to over the air radio since the mid 2000's.

Legend
    01-28-2018, 12:56 AM #24
    Comedian Kevin Hart, in conjunction with Lionsgate Entertainment Corporation, launched the Laugh Out Loud multi-platform video network in August 2017. On February 1, Hart will launch a Laugh Out Loud comedy channel on SiriusXM. It will replace the Foxxhole on channel 190. Hart will host a weekly program and will select a diverse group of up-and-coming comics to produce shows for the channel. Hart claims he's funnier on radio than in person. We will soon find out.

https://laughoutloud.com

Legend
    02-06-2018, 04:52 PM #25
    "Ground control to David Bowie fans": This is from Talkers.com, February 6, 2018:

"Howard Stern and SiriusXM are producing a special program to honor late rocker David Bowie. The Howard Stern Tribute to David Bowie will premiere on the Howard 101 channel on Friday, February 9. Stern says, 'When I got into rock 'n' roll music, one of the artists that I first really got into was David Bowie. He was always evolving, he was always on top of things, he was just a great musician and a great songwriter and a great singer. I want to make sure that people remember David Bowie.' The program will feature 'a wide variety of artists inspired by the late musician, performing his songs with their own inventive styles and interpretations,' including Peter Frampton, Daryl Hall, Todd Rundgren, Greta Van Fleet, Biffy Clyro, The Struts and more."

Legend
    02-08-2018, 04:12 PM #26
    February 8 press release from SiriusXM:

SiriusXM to air daily coverage of 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games

SiriusXM today announced that it will air daily coverage of the 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games from South Korea from February 9th through 25th on satellite radios and the SiriusXM app. Throughout the Games, SiriusXM listeners will hear live two-hour specials of Today In PyeongChang at 10 PM ET and 1 AM ET on SiriusXM Rush (channel 93) courtesy of Westwood One. Hosted by Westwood One’s Jason Horowitz and Laura Okmin, Today In PyeongChang will provide live play-by-play of various events, a comprehensive account of the day's action with event highlights as well as previews and interviews from various venues and disciplines.

SiriusXM subscribers will get live play-by-play broadcasts of men’s hockey games and listeners will have access to every game played by the Team USA Men’s Hockey team, the Team USA vs. Canada women’s game, as well as the Men's Gold Medal game and Women's Gold Medal game. For channel assignments go to www.siriusxm.com/livesports
    Last edited by Rewind; 03-30-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Legend
    02-13-2018, 09:52 PM #27
    Will SiriusXM fire Patrick O'Connor? I hope so.

Barstool Sports host makes tasteless comment about Olympian Chloe Kim
    Yahoo Sports, Feb 13 2018 6:53 PM

Chloe Kim has emerged as the best story from the Pyeongchang Olympics thus far. Everyone wants to talk about her victory, share her family’s story and hire her as a spokesperson for pretty much any food item. Despite the abundance of topics, one Barstool Sports radio personality opted to go a different route. Today on Dialed-In with Dallas Braden, a radio show on Barstool Radio’s SiriusXM channel, co-host Patrick O'Connor made a reference to Kim's 18th birthday coming up in April and said, "She’s fine as hell. If she was 18, you wouldn’t be ashamed to say that she’s a little hot piece of ass. And she is. She is adorable. I’m a huge Chloe Kim fan." Aside from his work with Barstool Sports, Connor hosts a show on KNBR in San Francisco.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-kim/23360897/

Legend
    02-14-2018, 08:37 PM #28
    Patrick O'Connor tweeted this today:

"Yesterday in a weird attempt to make people laugh I failed. My comments about @chloekimsnow were more than inappropriate, they were lame & gross. Im truly sorry, Chloe. You've repped our country so brilliantly. I apologize to my colleagues & the listeners for being a total idiot."

Did he really think calling a 17-year-old a "little hot piece of ass" was funny? Wow.

Legend
    02-14-2018, 11:48 PM #29
    But wait -- there's more!

Radio host fired after sexually suggestive comment about 17-year old Chloe Kim
    Yahoo Sports, Feb 14 2018 6:30 PM

When you’re a grown man and call a 17-year old Olympic gold medalist "a little hot piece of ass," things likely won’t end too well for you. Patrick Connor has lost at least one of his jobs after making that comment about American snowboarder Chloe Kim on Tuesday, when he was on Dialed In with Dallas Braden, a show on Barstool Radio’s SiriusXM channel. San Francisco radio station KNBR, where Connor is known as "PCon," fired him today. KNBR program director Jeremiah Crowe told media outlets, "Be advised that Patrick Connor is no longer with Cumulus Media," which owns the station.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-kim/23361951/

Legend
    02-15-2018, 05:43 PM #30
    From Talkers.com, February 15:

"SiriusXM is adding a new show to the Underground Garage rock channel, hosted by legendary musician, producer and songwriter Lenny Kaye. The show will air weeknights from 8 PM to 12 midnight. In addition to being a member of the Patti Smith Group, Kaye also produced the Nuggets garage rock anthologies that were released on vinyl during the 1970s."

Page 3 of 14 1234513 ...