Page 6 of 14 ... 45678 ...
    Legend
    07-26-2018, 09:56 PM #51
    Sixty years of number-one hits played in chronological order. Big whoop. Is anyone going to be excited about getting to hear Witch Doctor, Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye, The Night Chicago Died, Kung Fu Fighting, You Light Up My Life, Batdance, Hot In Herre, Grillz, What Do You Mean and I'm The One again? Anyway, here is the July 26 SiriusXM press release. (Note: The first Hot 100 was for the week ending August 4, 1958. Billboard's weekly charts are always dated by the ending date.)

SiriusXM celebrates Billboard Hot 100 60th anniversary with pop-up special

SiriusXM will air a pop-up special on channel 3 celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Listeners will hear a chronological playback of the number-one hits starting from the chart's August 4, 1958 debut up through today. The limited-run special, which launches Tuesday, July 31 at 12 PM ET on SiriusXM and runs through Sunday, August 5, coincides with special Hot 100 60th anniversary content that is set to go live on Billboard.com on Thursday, August 2.

Legend
    07-31-2018, 01:58 PM #52
    SiriusXM calls them "single artist channels." SiriusXM subscribers call them "payola channels." Yes, the limited-run Beach Boys channel is nice -- but Phish? With very little radio airplay, they've managed to chart 19 albums but the band does not deserve its own exclusive channel. Nevertheless.......

Phish launches exclusive SiriusXM channel

SiriusXM announced today that the iconic band Phish will launch their exclusive limited-run SiriusXM channel, Phish Radio, on Friday, August 3 on Jam On, channel 29. The channel will launch with a live concert broadcast from Atlanta and a special program hosted by front-man Trey Anastasio called "Ask Trey," where Anastasio will answer questions submitted to SiriusXM by Phish fans all across North America.

Phish Radio will play music from the band's extensive career, including their vast live catalog, studio tracks, unreleased demos and musical influences and will feature exclusive commentary from all band members. On August 16 the channel will be re-named The Bunny and be the exclusive broadcaster of Curveball, the band's sold-out festival. This year's Curveball is the band's 11th festival and will take place August 17-19 in Watkins Glen, NY. SiriusXM will broadcast seven live sets from Curveball.

SiriusXM's Phish Radio begins at noon ET on Friday, August 3 via satellite on channel 29 and through the SiriusXM app on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

Legend
    08-06-2018, 03:15 PM #53
    After several brief runs on SiriusXM, The Billy Graham Channel is being added as a permanent channel August 20.

The Billy Graham Channel launching as a permanent SiriusXM station on channel 460

https://billygraham.org/story/billy-...iusxm-station/

Legend
    08-14-2018, 03:50 PM #54
    Today's SiriusXM press release proves once again that payola is alive and well in 2018.

Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation Radio takes over The Groove

Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation Radio will take over The Groove channel for an entire week starting at noon ET Friday, August 17. Fresh off her highly lauded performance at Panorama Music Festival, the multi-award-winning global phenomenon opened up to SiriusXM about her new music, her classic albums, her influences and the current music she’s loving. Listeners can expect to hear not only the interviews with Janet but also her classic hits, new songs and the artists she’s listening to now. Janet Jackson’s new single, Made For Now, in collaboration with Daddy Yankee, will also be released Friday, August 17.

Legend
    08-17-2018, 03:04 PM #55
    Aretha Franklin, who won 18 Grammy awards and was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, died of pancreatic cancer yesterday at age 76. SiriusXM is paying tribute:

"SiriusXM celebrates the legacy of the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Join us as Soul Town (Channel 49) becomes The Aretha Franklin Tribute Channel in honor of her contribution to popular music. The weeklong channel will feature music from her iconic career as well as archival interviews and tributes from fans, friends and family."

09-01-2018, 01:46 PM #56

I cancelled my subscriptions

I just cancelled both of my subscriptions, despite the deep discounts that were offered to me by Sirius’s cancellation department (and which I’ve already been receiving for several years). The main reason is that of 31 days this month (August 2018) only 6 of these had a live Howard Stern show. AND HIS REPEATS ARE BETTER THAN HIS LIVE SHOWS ANYWAY! I usually can’t even tell his live shows from his repeats, the content has become SO GENERIC, and since I record all his shows, and save them, I may as well just listen to my archive of his shows without paying a monthly fee. When Howard returns from his 4 day weekends he never even has any good stories to tell, and his advocacy of the pet sanctuary North Shore Animal League is just so nauseating, and so contrary to the edgy persona of his FM radio days. Howard Stern has become the proverbial “cat lady.” 20,000 people die of starvation every day, Howard. Every day! Do you care about them? Of course not, there’s never a mention of that, why not advocate human life, Howard? What a misogynist. Or he’ll carry on about that “talent” show he co-hosted a few years ago, or his Mom. The show is no longer even the least bit funny. Do any of the new listeners even realize it used to be HILARIOUS? Robin’s news was my favorite part of the show but it seems Howard has marginalized even that, with that stupid “funeral dirge” Fred plays when Robin starts the news or says something intelligent, as if Robin isn’t supposed to say intelligent things. Instead of there being so many good things about the show, before moving to satellite, now it is all simply tiresome and old. Even with GOOD shows I skip over so many boring parts and ads, with a podcast/audiobook player that has customizable skipping buttons, that I can listen to the show in about 20 minutes! It would be impossible to listen to the show in real time, the way he sometimes stretches what should take 5 minutes to 2-3 hours. Unlistenable! And his interviews are RARELY interesting, yet he thinks he’s the world’s best interviewer – he’s so hung up on 60’s and 70’s rock stars. Or he’ll interview another Sirius employee. Or another Alec Baldwin interview. Or another replay of the infamous Mel Gibson rant. Bor-ing. I don’t know how I’ve been listening so long! Years!

The Howard Show has gotten progressively more and more boring over the years, since moving to Sirius. JD is the most boring guy on the planet, why does Howard spend so much time talking to him, I mean it’s just so repetitive. JD was NEVER interesting. Howard has really, to coin a phrase, jumped the shark in going to satellite radio.

I’m listening more and more to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, they’re actually FUNNIER! There are more laughs in the Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck shows! Are you in shock? And of course they’re more intelligent. Even Tucker Carlson…IS FUNNIER! I also recorded the Jay Thomas show over the years, and kept the files – at least he talks to a different person every 5 minutes, on the phone, compared to Howard’s incessant talking to JD or that hillbilly. It’s all just SO DULL! And why does Howard always act like such a stranger to Fred – this is a sure sign of his misanthropy and it isn’t funny. It’s just-not-funny. How does he continue to be popular and command such a high salary? I do not understand. And Howard, you are NOT good looking. I saw a recent picture and I was truly frightened. It is NOT the lighting and unfortunately NOT mitigated by your newfound love of cats.

Legend
    09-11-2018, 05:51 PM #57
    Hurricane Florence is a Category 4 hurricane packing 140-mile-an-hour winds and is expected to make landfall September 14 or 15 in the Carolinas. The CoreLogic analytics firm says it could be the United States' costliest storm ever, doing $170 billion in damage to 759,000 homes and businesses. Today SiriusXM made this announcement on Twitter:

"As a public service to those in the path of Hurricane Florence, we are teaming up with The Weather Channel to provide a live simulcast of The Weather Channel on SiriusXM channel 145 beginning Thursday, September 13 at 6 AM Eastern through Saturday, September 15 at 12 noon Eastern."

Updates: https://weather.com/safety/hurricane...olina-virginia

Legend
    09-13-2018, 05:45 PM #58
    If you've ever dreamed of writing a Broadway play that will be as successful as Hamilton, Wicked, Come From Away, My Fair Lady, The Band's Visit, Les Misérables or The Phantom Of The Opera, this new monthly SiriusXM program might help you get started:

How To Succeed On Broadway

Two-time Tony-winning producer Brisa Trinchero (Pippin, The Gershwins’ Porgy & Bess) hosts How To Succeed On Broadway, a new monthly talk show that takes listeners on a journey from a musical’s initial concept to opening night. It airs at 3 PM ET on the first Friday of every month on SiriusXM’s On Broadway channel 72, with several rebroadcasts.

Trinchero, a producer, investor and entrepreneur who has been involved in more than 25 Broadway shows., its down with numerous Broadway producers as they share personal stories about the often-winding path taken to get to Broadway. Guests will also discuss and play their favorite tracks from their own Broadway musicals.

Those with streaming access can also listen to How To Succeed On Broadway online, on-the-go with the SiriusXM mobile app and at home on a variety of connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more. For more information, visit SiriusXM.com.

Legend
    09-18-2018, 04:42 PM #59
    Brennan is a sports columnist for USA TODAY and a sports commentator for ABC News, CNN, NPR and PBS. She has written seven books, including three about figure skating: Edge Of Glory, Inside Edge and Champions On Ice. Stubbs -- which, when you think about it, is an inapt name for a tennis player -- won four Grand Slam doubles titles and two Grand Slam mixed doubles titles and represented Australia in the 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008 Summer Olympics.

Christine Brennan and Rennae Stubbs to host new sports talk show on SiriusXM

SiriusXM has signed groundbreaking sports journalist Christine Brennan and former professional tennis player Rennae Stubbs to host a new weekly show that will air nationwide on the Dan Patrick Radio channel on SiriusXM (channel 211). On Game Changers, which is produced in collaboration with the Aurora Games and which will debut September 19th and air every Wednesday from 6 to 8 PM Eastern, Brennan and Stubbs, along with their high-profile guests, will team up to add an insightful perspective to the world of sports talk. The pair bring two uniquely experienced and resolute voices to a program that will cover women’s sports and also examine the headline topics in the larger sports world that affect and interest woman and girls everywhere, whether they be fans, professional athletes or parents and kids involved in youth sports.

The show will also preview next year’s inaugural Aurora Games, a multi-sport, multi-country, multi-day event – showcasing the best in women’s sports, entertainment and culture – taking place on August 20-25, 2019.

http://s2.q4cdn.com/835250846/files/...L-09-17-18.pdf

Legend
    09-19-2018, 05:09 PM #60
    Cuomo is the brother of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and son of the late New York Governor Mario Cuomo. The P.O.T.U.S. channel offers "Politics Of The United States for the People Of The United States." SiriusXM calls the channel "non-partisan" but I don't think anything in the United States is non-partisan anymore.

Chris Cuomo to host daily show on SiriusXM

Journalist and cable television personality Chris Cuomo is beginning a daily, two-hour talk radio program on SiriusXM, effective September 24. The host of CNN’s Cuomo Prime Time launches Let’s Get After It With Chris Cuomo, to air from 12 noon to 2 PM Eastern ET on SiriusXM’s P.O.T.U.S. channel (124).

Page 6 of 14 ... 45678 ...