Page 9 of 14 ... 7891011 ...
    Legend
    05-21-2019, 02:39 PM #81
    In a 1994 song, Matthews asked, "What would you say?" I would say payola is alive and well in 2019. We're getting another single-artist channel. Here is today's press release:

Dave Matthews Band channel returns exclusively to SiriusXM

SiriusXM announced today that the influential Dave Matthews Band will bring back their exclusive limited-run SiriusXM channel, Dave Matthews Band Radio on Friday, May 24 on channel 30.

In addition to playing music from the band's extensive career, including their indelible hits, live songs and musical influences, the channel will feature the DMB Friday Night Concert Series, offering exclusive broadcasts of live concerts from Dave Matthews Band's 2019 tour. The channel will also feature exclusive interviews with each of the band members.

SiriusXM's Dave Matthews Band Radio begins Friday, May 24 at 12 PM ET and runs through Sunday, September 15 at 3 AM ET on SiriusXM channel 30 and through the SiriusXM app.

Legend
    05-22-2019, 07:32 PM #82
    May 21 SiriusXM press release:

Hallmark Channel Radio returns to SiriusXM

Following a highly successful collaboration during last year's holiday season, SiriusXM and Hallmark Channel announced today an expanded relationship that heralds the return of Hallmark Channel Radio as a recurring seasonal offering through 2020. Kicking off in conjunction with Hallmark Channel's annual "June Weddings" programming event, SiriusXM's Hallmark Channel Radio will celebrate the season of "I do's" beginning Friday, May 31 at 9 AM ET and will run through Monday, July 1 at 3 AM ET on SiriusXM channel 4 and through the SiriusXM app.

Voiced by two of the network's most beloved stars, Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert, SiriusXM's weddings-themed Hallmark Channel Radio will feature timeless love songs including tracks from such artists as Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Kelly Clarkson, Rod Stewart, Elvis Presley, Rascal Flatts, Billy Joel, Brad Paisley, LeAnn Rimes and more. In addition, Hallmark Channel stars including Kellie Pickler and Jack Wagner, among others, will host countdown specials, walking SiriusXM subscribers through their favorite wedding songs.

Hallmark Channel Radio will return throughout the year and feature themed playlists specially curated to enhance subscribers' seasonal celebrations. SiriusXM's Hallmark Channel Radio originally launched in November 2018 featuring 24/7 holiday music and coincided with the network's highly popular "Countdown to Christmas" programming event.

SiriusXM subscribers will be able to tune into Hallmark Channel Radio on SiriusXM radios and those with streaming access can listen online, on-the-go with the SiriusXM mobile app and at home on a wide variety of connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more.

Legend
    06-04-2019, 06:51 PM #83
    I can't help thinking "Luciano Pavarotti" sounds like the name of a Mafia gangster. Anyway, here is today's press release from SiriusXM:

Pavarotti Radio launching on SiriusXM

Renowned tenor Luciano Pavarotti and Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard are returning to SiriusXM with the launch of Pavarotti Radio, an exclusive limited-run music channel celebrating the music and influence of the famed Italian operatic tenor. Pavarotti Radio kicks off June 6 at 12 PM ET and runs through June 16 on channel 77 and through the SiriusXM app on smartphones and other connected devices.

The new Pavarotti channel complements the arrival of the documentary Pavarotti in select theaters June 7. Pavarotti Radio will showcase music and recorded performances from the world's most loved tenor of all time, as well as artists he influenced and interviews and stories from those who knew him, including Nicoletta Mantovani, Luciano Pavarotti's widow, as well as Howard. This limited-run music channel will also feature the world premiere of a live performance of Miserere with Andrea Bocelli and Zucchero as well as several previously unreleased live superstar duets with Barry White, James Brown and Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor.

From Pavarotti's earliest beginnings to the very last days of his life, the Ron Howard-directed Pavarotti follows the renowned singer over the course of his prolific career revealing previously unknown details and harnessing the incredible sounds and music from the man credited for bringing an elite art form to the masses.

Legend
    06-28-2019, 04:04 PM #84
    Madonna, who had a 1992 hit titled This Used To Be My Playground, is coming to SiriusXM, which in 2019 continues to be Payola Land. Yes, another single-artist channel to promote another album and another tour. Here is today's press release:

Madonna to launch exclusive SiriusXM channel

SiriusXM announced today that Madonna will launch an exclusive limited-run SiriusXM music channel, Madonna's Madame X Radio, on Monday, July 1.

Madonna's Madame X Radio will showcase music from Madonna's globally-celebrated, multi-award-winning and legendary career, including her critically-acclaimed latest number-one album Madame X. The channel will also feature exclusive stories from Madame X and chronicles her legacy, the making of her songs and her commitment to bringing the world closer through the exploration of cultures and music.

Following Madonna's much-anticipated Pride Island appearance in New York City, SiriusXM's Madonna's Madame X Radio will launch on Monday, July 1 at 12 PM ET and run through Wednesday, July 31 on SiriusXM radios (channel 4) and the SiriusXM app and web player. Fans can now immerse themselves in a true 24/7 Madonna experience by simply tuning in.

"This channel brings you into the intricate world of Madame X," says Madonna. "You'll learn more about the creative process behind my latest album and gain a deeper understanding of what drives me as an artist and a performer."

Influenced creatively by Madonna's living in Lisbon, Portugal over the past several years, Madame X is a collection of 15 new songs influenced by art and politics coming together. Madonna is getting ready to embark on a series of rare and intimate concert performances to take place exclusively in theaters, giving fans an opportunity to see her perform in an environment like they never have before. The Madame X Tour will kick off September 12th. Tickets and further information are available at www.madonna.com/tour

Legend
    07-17-2019, 11:57 PM #85
    On April 4 – Go look! – I posted a list of the songs played in the first hour of the new Pandora NOW channel. But what was now then is not now now. Here, alphabetized for your convenience, is what was played in the past four hours. Chart positions are from the Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending July 26. Dashes denote new songs not yet on the chart. Recurrents – recent hits that are no longer on the chart – are designated by an R. (Chlorine, Imported and Wake Up never made the Hot 100.) I think the channel's format must be "Singers who don't use their real names."

SiriusXM 3 – Pandora NOW

Act Up - City Girls (30)
    Bacc At It Again - Yella Beezy/Quavo/Gucci Mane (R)
    Bad Guy - Billie Eilish (2)
    Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran/Khalid (40)
    Big Ole Freak - Megan Thee Stallion (R)
    Boy With Luv - BTS/Halsey (R)
    Call You Mine - Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha (72)
    Chlorine - twenty one pilots (R)
    Close Friends - Lil Baby/Gunna (R)
    Clout - Offset/Cardi B (62)
    Con Calma - Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow (43)
    Cool - Jonas Brothers (63)
    Cross Me - Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock (41)
    Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith/Normani (15)
    Don't Call Me Up - Mabel (R)
    Drogba (Joanna) - Afro B/WizKid (R)
    Easier - 5 Seconds Of Summer (66)
    Easy - DaniLeigh/Chris Brown (--)
    Envy Me - Calboy (R)
    Go Loko - YG/Tyga/Jon Z (53)
    Goodbyes - Post Malone/Young Thug (3)
    Hate Me - Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD (--)
    Hey Look Ma, I Made it - Panic At The Disco (18)
    Higher - DJ Khaled/Nipsey Hussle/John Legend (R)
    Imported - Jessie Reyez/6lack (R)
    Isis - Joyner Lucas/Logic (--)
    Just Us - DJ Khaled/Sza (56)
    La La Land - Bryce Vine/YG (81)
    Light It Up - Marshmello/Tyga/Chris Brown (R)
    Look What God Gave Her - Thomas Rhett (65)
    Money In The Grave - Drake/Rick Ross (11)
    Mother's Daughter - Miley Cyrus (92)
    Nightmare - Halsey (54)
    Nights Like This - Kehlani/Ty Dolla $ign (R)
    No Guidance - Chris Brown/Drake (12)
    Old Town Road - Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus/Young Thug (1)
    Omerta - Drake (--)
    Only Human - Jonas Brothers (100)
    Outta My Head - Khalid/John Mayer (R)
    Panini - Lil Nas X (27)
    Paradise - Bazzi (R)
    Please Tell Me - Future (R)
    Pop Out Again - Polo G/Lil Baby/Gunna (21)
    Press - Cardi B (58)
    Pure Water - Mustard/Migos (39)
    Racks - H.E.R./YBN Cordae (--)
    Rodeo - Lil Nas X/Cardi B (51)
    S.O.S. - Avicii/Aloe Blacc (R)
    Señorita - Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello (5)
    Slide - French Montana/Blueface/Little Tjay (R)
    So Am I - Ava Max (--)
    Suge - DaBaby (10)
    Talk - Khalid (4)
    The Git Up - Blanco Brown (19)
    Truth Hurts - Lizzo (7)
    Wake Up - Travis Scott/The Weeknd (R)
    When The Party's Over - Billie Eilish (R)
    Wigs - ASAP Ferg/City Girls/ANTHA (--)
    Worth It - YK Osiris (61)
    24/7 - Meek Mill/Ella Mai (83)

Legend
    10-24-2019, 04:52 PM #86
    Wolverine will soon be slashing his way to a SiriusXM radio near you. Here is today's press release:

Marvel Entertainment, SiriusXM enter major multi-year deal to create original podcasts for SiriusXM and Pandora

SiriusXM and Marvel have announced a multi-year agreement under which Marvel will create a substantial amount of exclusive podcasts for SiriusXM and Pandora. In Marvel's most sweeping podcast deal ever, the venture will include both scripted and unscripted series, themed live events and much more, premiering in 2020. SiriusXM and Pandora will also debut many of Marvel's most popular podcasts before they can be heard anywhere else.

Included in the slate of upcoming programming are four new scripted series, each ten episodes, based around the iconic characters of Wolverine, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Star-Lord, as well as a fifth series in which all four team up; unscripted podcasts that look at Marvel's rich history through a modern-day lens of pop culture; podcasts dedicated to popular Marvel franchises; and regular talk shows, including an interview show that will feature famous celebrity guests.

SiriusXM subscribers with streaming access will be able to listen to all Marvel podcasts at home on a wide variety of connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, Sony PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more. Go to www.SiriusXM.com/AtHome to learn more. Pandora users on both free ad-supported and Premium subscription tiers of service will also be able to hear all Marvel podcasts on the Pandora mobile app for iOS and Android.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...xm-and-pandora

Legend
    11-13-2019, 05:20 PM #87
    Another payola channel is coming to SiriusXM. This one will replace Bluegrass Junction on Channel 62, November 18-27.

Dolly Parton to launch limited-run SiriusXM channel to coincide with Netflix series Dolly Parton's Heartstrings

https://blog.siriusxm.com/dolly-part...-heartstrings/

Legend
    01-29-2020, 06:50 PM #88
    SiriusXM issued this press release today. I have two questions: When will Hallmark Channel Radio become a full-time channel? – I'm guessing it eventually will – and who decided love has a "season"?

Hallmark Channel Radio returns to SiriusXM celebrating Valentine's Day and the season of love

SiriusXM and Hallmark Channel today announced the return of Hallmark Channel Radio with "Love Ever After," celebrating popular and timeless love songs with stories and tales of love by Hallmark Channel's favorite stars. Hallmark Channel Radio will celebrate love all month long beginning Friday, January 31 at 9 AM ET through Sunday, March 1 at 3:00 AM ET on SiriusXM channel 70 and through the SiriusXM app. SiriusXM's Hallmark Channel Radio kicks off in conjunction with Hallmark Channel's February "Love Ever After" programming featuring all-new original movies and pet television specials.

Hosted by one of the network's most beloved stars, Lacey Chabert, SiriusXM's love-themed Hallmark Channel Radio will feature favorite love songs including tracks from artists such as Michael Bublé, Billy Joel, Elton John, Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra, Natalie Cole and more. In addition, Hallmark Channel stars including Luke Macfarlane, Wes Brown, Larissa Wohl and Alison Sweeney, among others, will share their favorite Valentine's Day memories, traditions, love stories and fairy tale pet adoption stories.

Hallmark Channel will celebrate "Love Ever After" throughout February with all-new romantic movies and the biggest pet specials of the year including Cat Bowl II, Kitten Bowl VII and the 2020 American Rescue Dog Show. SiriusXM's Hallmark Channel Radio will return this June celebrating June Weddings with timeless wedding love songs aligned with their June Weddings programming.

SiriusXM subscribers can find Hallmark Channel Radio on SiriusXM Channel 70 and those with streaming access can listen online, on-the-go with the SiriusXM mobile app and at home on a wide variety of connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more. SiriusXM's popular Love Channel will move to channel 291 and will be available via streaming platforms throughout February.

Legend
    02-02-2020, 01:46 AM #89
    For Super Bowl weekend, SiriusXM Channel 30 – are they ever going to bring back The Loft? – is playing "Tailgating Anthems, stadium shaking songs." And then the Dave Matthews Band payola channel will return. *Sigh* Here is a small sample of the playlist:

SiriusXM Channel 30 – Tailgating Anthems

Alive - Pearl Jam (107/1991)
    Black Betty - Ram Jam (18/1977)
    Boom Boom (Out Go The Lights) - Pat Travers (56/1979)
    Come Out & Play - Offspring (38/1994)
    Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex (25/1995)
    Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne (106/1981)
    Detroit Rock City - Kiss (7/1976)
    Enter Sandman - Metallica (16/1991)
    Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne (--/1981)
    For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) - AC/DC (--/1981)
    I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas (1/2009)
    Lose Yourself - Eminem (1/2002)
    Louie Louie - Kingsmen (2/1963)
    Man In The Box - Alice In Chains (--/1991)
    Mony Mony (Live) - Billy Idol (1/1987)
    Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - Steam (1/1969)
    Panama - Van Halen (13/1984)
    Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard (2/1988)
    Pump It Up - Elvis Costello (--/1978)
    Remember The Name - Fort Minor/Styles Of Beyond (66/2006)
    Rock & Roll Part 2 (Instr.) - Gary Glitter (7/1972)
    Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions (25/1984)
    Sandstorm (Instr.) - Darude (83/2001)
    Seven Nation Army - White Stripes (76/2003)
    Shout - Otis Day & The Knights (LP/1978)
    Spells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (6/1991)
    Start Me Up - Rolling Stones (2/1981)
    The Final Countdown - Europe (8/1987)
    Thunderstruck - AC/DC (--/1990)
    Turn Down For What - DJ Snake/Lil Jon (4/2014)
    Unbelievable - EMF (1/1991)
    We Are The Champions - Queen (4/1977)
    We Will Rock You - Queen (4/1977)
    Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men (40/2000)

Legend
    03-25-2020, 04:25 PM #90
    Here is a March 25 press release from SiriusXM. I will be certain to avoid listening to this countdown, thank you very much.

Blow your speakers out to the 500 greatest hip-hop songs ever on limited-run channel

Blow your speakers out to 500 of the best hip-hop songs the genre has to offer! From Dr. Dre to Kendrick Lamar, SiriusXM is giving you 500 reasons to bob your head with an epic week-long music countdown, Hip-Hop: Top 500 Tracks Of All Time, on Channel 30. Spanning over three-plus decades, this definitive countdown will feature the old and the new, including favorites by The Notorious B.I.G., Run-D..M.C., Ice Cube and so many more. Spend this social distancing time getting re-acclimated with your favorite MCs or being introduced to new rappers on Channel 30 from Wednesday, March 25 at 9 AM ET through Wednesday, April 1.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/blow-your-...ed-run-channel

Page 9 of 14 ... 7891011 ...