07-08-2017, 11:58 AM #1

How to receive SiriusXM on my stereo system?

Does anyone make a SiriusXM receiver -----Well, I guess I should properly call it a tuner --- that I can attach to my home stereo amp, in order to receive SiriusXM broadcasts that way?

As an alternate, I notice there is a device for use in your car that receives a Sirius/XM signal and converts it to an FM radaio signal which you set to an FM frequency that isn't otherwise in use. However, that's specifically for use in the car and doesn't plug into 110. Is there an equivalent device that powers off 110, so I could use it to transmit to my home stereo FM receiver?

Tom

Head Honcho
    07-10-2017, 08:56 PM #2
    You could put any piece of siriusxm hardware into your stereo. Just get a 3.5 headphone jack to rca cable. You could also use any internet device (phone, tablet, computer) to stream from the internet and plug that into your stereo.

There are also regular home stereo receivers that come "sirius xm ready" which allow you to stream right through the receiver itself.

As far as I know, there is no bulky/stackable sirius xm unit for a home stereo system -- if that's what you're looking for.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-21-2017, 09:26 AM #3

Connecting a Sirius receiver to my stereo amp

That is very interesting, and it sounds like any of the options you mention should work.

(Unfortunately my stereo receiver, although it is an excellent unit providing 5 channel surround, is on the elderly side and was produced before they were made "Sirius ready" so I don't have that option. However, if I purchase a new receiver it's good to know to look for that capability)

09-09-2017, 01:46 PM #4
    Well, in looking over available on the Sirius web site, I found out to my surprise that there is an adaptor kit "SXDH3" for in-home use on certain models of Sirius radios (such as the Onyx EZR) which they claim will adapt it for use on 110, and allow you to connect it to the "AUX" input of any stereo system. That's basically what I want to do

Head Honcho
    09-09-2017, 08:57 PM #5
    The SXDH3 comes with a 3.5mm headphone to RCA jack, just like I mentioned above. If you need a dock and antenna, get the kit. If you already have those things, you can grab a 3.5mm to RCA connector anywhere (radio shack, best buy, amazon, etc.) and be good to go.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-12-2017, 08:02 AM #6
    Sounds like I'm pretty close to having what I want! Now, here's one more question. The SDXH3 appears to come with an indoor antenna. How well do those receive in the house? We live in a wood frame house, not a steel hi-rise (Those are death on signals). We live in a town house community that doesn't allow "structures" such as antennas on the roof