Page 9 of 16 ... 7891011 ...
    Addict
    06-05-2017, 09:20 PM #81
    Taking bets on Sirius buying Pandora this week. Odds 10:1 they don't...

06-06-2017, 10:05 AM #82
    Pandora could receive $100 million Verizon investment if SiriusXM deal falls through

MARKETWATCH 7:10 AM ET 6/6/2017

Liberty Media-owned SiriusXM has been in discussions to buy Pandora for between $11 and $12 a share, valuing the company at around $2.8 billion
    Verizon (VZ) is eyeing a possible $100 million investment in Pandora Media(P) if the online music streamer fails to reach a deal this week for an outright sale to satellite radio giant SiriusXM, The Post has learned.

Top Verizon(VZ) exec
    Tim Armstrong could be a candidate for the Pandora (P) board under one possible scenario, according to sources, with one insider noting that the radio giant could benefit greatly from Verizon(VZ)-owned AOL's expertise in programmatic, or automated ad serving.
    Verizon (VZ) CEO
    Lowell McAdam isn't weighing a full-on Pandora purchase at this stage since he is still busy integrating his acquisition of Yahoo with AOL in the short term, sources said. But Verizon(VZ) could be interested in data from Pandora's 80 million, mostly young mobile users. Pandora and Verizon(VZ) declined to comment. Officials at SiriusXM (SIRI) couldn't be reached for comment.
    The Post confirmed on May 17 that Liberty Media's SiriusXM was holding active conversations about an acquisition of Pandora, and sources say SiriusXM has been conducting due diligence on Pandora for the past few weeks.
    SiriusXM has recently been in discussions to buy Pandora for between $11 and $12 a share, valuing the company at around $2.8 billion, two sources close to the process told The Post.

Still, there are suggestions that prior conversations in early May were in the $13-a-share range. Fears linger that Liberty Media CEO
    Gregg Maffei, negotiating on behalf of SiriusXM, will back out or try to negotiate the price down still further. Pandora's stock has had a rough few weeks amid the uncertainty, but closed up 1.8 percent on Friday at $9.30 a share. That's well under the $15-per-share bid SiriusXM made to Pandora's board last July. The rejection of that much higher offer last year could result in lawsuits, insiders say.

"There is a very high likelihood that something happens in the next week to 10 days but you just never know with
    Greg Maffei," a source close to talks said. "It makes sense for everybody. Its 60 percent to 65 percent it happens." If Pandora and SiriusXM can't come to terms, Pandora has lined up other options. Private equity firm KKR said last month it would invest $150 million in Pandora in return for preferred shares if the firm had not sold itself within 30 days. The 30-day deadline arrives this Thursday.
    "KKR really wants to do this deal," a source said. "They like the business and the Pandora service and the deal will be good for them."

If KKR moves in -- likely with Verizon(VZ), which according to one source also sees Pandora was a way to further its push into internet-connected cars -- Pandora management under founder
    Tim Westergren is almost certain for yet another shake- up. Sources say Pandora's major shareholders, the two activist investors Corvex and Matrix, are essentially calling the shots in deal talks. Notably, billionaire
    Steve Cohen's family office Point72 acquired a 5.4 percent stake in the venture last month.
    Pandora's chief financial officer,
    Naveen Chopra, is expected to present an upbeat picture of the second quarter at Stifel's Tech and Media conference in San Francisco on Tuesday. Meanwhile SiriusXM's stock has risen on market expectations for a deal with Pandora. It could be headed for a fall if a deal dissolves. Since The Post's report on May 17, SiriusXM's stock has risen 16 percent, or 75 cents per share, to $ 5.48 from $4.73.
    "SiriusXM's stock has risen by an amount that exceeds the entire market cap of Pandora," which stood at $2.27 billion on Friday, a source noted.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    06-06-2017, 10:16 AM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Taking bets on Sirius buying Pandora this week. Odds 10:1 they don't...
    Odds 2:1 they do.
    But will be at the 11th hour.
    Last edited by bdp.; 06-06-2017 at 10:30 AM.

06-06-2017, 10:54 AM #84
    Who's adding here? I am thinking about it.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    06-06-2017, 11:16 AM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Who's adding here? I am thinking about it.
    I m also thinking about it but it seems P is in a free fall which to me indicates that a deal is faultering and the sale to Sirius may not happen. So I'm holding off for now. A better play may be P if the sp dips low enough. I may grab a few shares. As far as their potential $250mln infusion, I don't really see how that will do anything but prop up the company for a few months while they look for a buyer. A sale to Sirius is the only sensible option for them since there are no other entities interested that currently operate in this space and could effectively lift it from the doldrums of inevitable failure and integrate it with a profitable business. If Sirius does not buy it now, I certainly believe Siri will purchase further down the road for an even lower price when the SP is around $5. Currently the most frustrating thing is it appears to be taking Sirius down with it.
    Last edited by bdp.; 06-06-2017 at 11:26 AM.

06-06-2017, 12:02 PM #86
    If the Pandora deal falls through, how significant is the Verizon deal? I am surprised AT&T didn't step in and take out Sirius XM. They are all about every device on their network.

I m also thinking about it but it seems P is in a free fall which to me indicates that a deal is faultering and the sale to Sirius may not happen. So I'm holding off for now. A better play may be P if the sp dips low enough. I may grab a few shares. As far as their potential $250mln infusion, I don't really see how that will do anything but prop up the company for a few months while they look for a buyer. A sale to Sirius is the only sensible option for them since there are no other entities interested that currently operate in this space and could effectively lift it from the doldrums of inevitable failure and integrate it with a profitable business. If Sirius does not buy it now, I certainly believe Siri will purchase further down the road for an even lower price when the SP is around $5. Currently the most frustrating thing is it appears to be taking Sirius down with it.

Addict
    06-06-2017, 12:22 PM #87
    If the Pandora deal falls through, how significant is the Verizon deal? I am surprised AT&T didn't step in and take out Sirius XM. They are all about every device on their network.
    I don't believe Verizon is currently considering buying Pandora, at least not based on the current sp. Pandora has never been profitable and lose over $250mln annually. So unless they acquire Pandora for a steal like Liberty did Sirius, I don't see them offering more than Sirius for a purchase.

Addict
    06-06-2017, 12:58 PM #88
    By the looks of the SP of Pandora and Sirius, I don't think a deal is looking too promising.

06-06-2017, 03:14 PM #89
    Something isn't feeling right here for sure.

By the looks of the SP of Pandora and Sirius, I don't think a deal is looking too promising.

Addict
    06-06-2017, 04:03 PM #90
    Certainly looks like no deal but if it does happen, anyone willing to risk grabbing shares at these levels will be in for a substantial windfall!
    Something isn't feeling right here for sure.

Page 9 of 16 ... 7891011 ...