09-07-2016, 05:04 PM #1

Want to sell a Sirius Stiletto 2 that has a lifetime subscription?

About 5 years ago I bought a Sirius Stiletto 2 radio and put a lifetime subscription on it. Nothing has happened to the subscription since that time. The "lifetime" subscription technically isn't for life. If i remember correctly, it applies only to the radio itself, but can be swapped up to more 2 devices, and that's it. I dropped like 600$ for it at the time.. this was before smartphones really became a hit, and before TuneIn and iHeart related apps became so popular.

Well today I whipped out the radio and was thinking about selling it on ebay. I almost called SiriusXM about cancelling the subscription on the radio so that it can be sold to someone else, but then I thought about how incredibly stupid that could be. I don't think SiriusXM offers lifetime subscriptions anymore.

My only concern is that if I leave it and sell it off to a buyer, I don't want the buyer to turn around and potentially mess with or access my account. I also don't want them to contact SiriusXM and raise any red flags, if this kind of thing is actually against their terms of service (I have no idea).

Because of the lifetime, I can actually listen to SiriusXM free on the Android app, so I have no interest in the Stiletto 2 anymore. I also have no intention of moving the lifetime to another radio for at least a few more years.

I haven't listened to the radio or the service in awhile and need an educated opinion on what I should do about selling it off. How much would a device like this sell for? I've even got the home kit, minus the antenna that is still toasting on the roof lol.

Head Honcho
    09-14-2016, 08:26 PM #2
    I wouldn't be concerned with someone messing with your account but, if someone were to buy your stiletto, you could mess with them by transferring the lifetime or turning it off on them.

My advice? Give it a friend or family member on loan. If you ever want to transfer it to a new device or vehicle, take it back.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder