Page 8 of 30 ... 67891018 ...
    Addict
    08-12-2016, 03:49 PM #71

Trading at 311x next year's earnings??? Wtf??!

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Took a Peek... and ... Not Doing So Well Since Your Recommendation!
    You are on a ROLL, ROSIE from mASSachusetts

Attachment 1682

SAEX
    Down to $12.21 or 16%
    Can I ask why we are talking about SAEX? I realize that from time to time we discuss other stocks besides SIRI, like GPRO and DIS and such, but jeez man, we are really lowering our standards with the likes of SAEX. Took a quick look myself and wow.....again, I realize there are "investors" here like Muscle who like to take the long view and there are also "traders" here - myself included - who enjoy the excitement of a shorter term trade, but only a fool would jump into a pool of this excrement.

Can we move on? I'm certainly open to considering any legitimate stock ideas.
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-12-2016 at 03:56 PM.

08-12-2016, 04:15 PM #72
    SAEX wasn't MY idea. DM recommended it.

a980cd29616b18ed4ea87d2348268815.jpg

Neither was GEVO. ALL DM picks!

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Can I ask why we are talking about SAEX? I realize that from time to time we discuss other stocks besides SIRI, like GPRO and DIS and such, but jeez man, we are really lowering our standards with the likes of SAEX. Took a quick look myself and wow.....again, I realize there are "investors" here like Muscle who like to take the long view and there are also "traders" here - myself included - who enjoy the excitement of a shorter term trade, but only a fool would jump into a pool of this excrement.

I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    08-12-2016, 04:49 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    SAEX wasn't MY idea. DM recommended it.

a980cd29616b18ed4ea87d2348268815.jpg

Neither was GEVO. ALL DM picks!
    Well i have that on ignore and don't pay no nevermind in that direction...... But it sure does explain a lot. Thanks for 'splaining.

Have a great weekend. Cheers!
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-12-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Guru
    08-13-2016, 12:48 AM #74
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post

Hey User...not the whole you have me on ignore thing again. I truly wish it worked so we would not have to listen to your exciting tales about how ya almost broke 40 for 9 holes but for the fact you hit into the trees on the 9th and ended up taking a quadrupal Bogey. Now that excrement you speak of went to 7 to 75 in a day. Think there might have been some that made millions on that one?? Not bad for excrement. then it went oversold which is when you had the perfect opp to buy it and hit the run from sub 17 to 19 few days ago. See User (aka, MIDASS) low floaters is where the real opps lies, but you have to know what your doing. Since your a rookie...you should do yourself a favor and stay away. Holding on to safe stocks like ATT for 30 years so you can make a profit of 5k is more your speed. No shame in that...stick to what you know.

Hey User, since your so fond of golf here is one for ya in the next thread.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-13-2016 at 12:57 AM.

Guru
    08-13-2016, 01:00 AM #75
    Hey...User (Midass) did i ever tell you about the time i shot 69 on a par 70 for 18 holes? I will never forget it. Just another ordinary fourth of July skins game with 2 of my buddies about 5 years ago. I didn't feel any different than i normally do to start the round but there i found myself hitting dead center fairways and second shots to the green. Only problem was i was missing the birdies for the first 5 or so holes. Good putts mind you, just a hair to the left or right stopping right at the cup. Just settling for par after par. talk about frustrating man but not to frustrating. I was keeping it all in perspective in my head ya know. Like saying stuff to myself its ok...just keep doing what your doing the birds will show up eventually. Worse case scenario im shooting even par for the most part ya know what i mean kid? not bad. Anyway coming down the stretch i made a few birds think i bogied one as well. anyway....we got a bunch of skins on the line at the turn starting on 10. Don't ya know one of my buddies is just off a little with his game (10 handicapper) but he is a good player so its just a matter of time til he catches some fire. My other buddy about a 25 handicapper (a pure 25, not a sandbagger 25) is playing lights out. His name is ted.

Part 2 below
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-13-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Guru
    08-13-2016, 01:03 AM #76
    Ted is a chirper man, kinda like Midass, the guy just never shuts the fk up and is annoying as all hell, again just like Midass but not as bad. Again he is a 25 capper and he will constantly remind you how he once won his club championship like 15 years ago. Anyway...he is playing lights out on this day...making pars and birds with me. Its all business...we aint really even talking. We got like 12 skins on the line coming down the stretch plus a bunch of dots (junk) for birdies, closet to pin on par 3s, sandies, etc. The score card was filled with led...so much so we hardly had room to put the actual score in its proper place lol. Anyway....it was beautiful man. the irony of it all. here i am battling a 25 capper who is playing out of his friggin skull man. We are going shot for shot, putt for putt. Just when i think i have him he makes a putt to halve the hole...and vice versa. Man I loved it and hated it at the same time. Loved the fact this 25 capper is putting up such a great battle. So there we are both getting ready to hit our approach shot to the 17th green. He goes first...he hits an unbelievable shot man. His ball comes to rest literally 1.5 feet from the cup. Im just shaking my head like wtf man. I then proceed to hit my shot. the green is slopped pretty good right to left downhill. I know i have to land this ball on the right fringe and land it soft to have any chance for it to roll down and stop near his ball. My ball is in flight and at its apex things are looking good. I have the right loft, the right line...im thinking ok i got a shot at this. Ball lands takes a bad hop and instead of going dead left down the green, bounces long and comes to rest on the back of the green about 40 ft away. Well im thinking ok this aint good. Its not that i dont think i cant get it up and down from 40 ft away....i think its more probable than not. Its not my first rodeo right? Its the fact his ball is sitting pretty 1.5 feet away. Im thinking no way he is gonna miss that one. 1.5 ft and straight as Midass's mullet. Anyway....I putt my ball and it comes to about 4 ft of the hole and stops. I walk up to it finish out and take a my four. Now its his turn. Im thinking to myself....wow this sucks. Battled 17 holes and he gonna win this right here and right now. My only solace, my only ray of hope is this is a 25 handicapper. I make a few subtle remarks, such as "great second shot", "club champs don't miss these putts", "get up there and knock it in for the win", etc. I guess you could say im not against playing mind games when the situation arises...but im not obnoxious about it...and of course i make it sound genuine. Well its his time, his moment for glory. He steps up, pulls the trigger. He left it a quarter inch short. WOW!!! Me and my other buddy just look at each other like can you believe this shit?? On to 18th hole!! 18th hole is a long par 5. We all hit great drives. We all hit great 2nd shots. my second shot lands about 15 yards from the green. My buddy hits his third shot about 15 feet above the pin on the green, he puts himself in position to make birdie....but he is putting down hill so its a speed putt...no easy feat. Now mind you he may not have done much all day long but he still has a chance to win the hole and if he does he will basically collect all the hard earned dots that were basically earned by myself and the 25 handicapper....kinda a shitty ending if that were to happen. Anyway the 25 handicapper hits his third shot just beyond my second shot pin high just off the right green a few feet. Man im so focused at this point. Im thinking shit all i have to do is get it close and make birdie. Im thinking Birdie wins this. I was consumed with nothing but birdie thoughts. I am going thru my pre shot routine. Im thinking light grip pressure, head down, low back and low threw, stay down on it...dont pick your fkn head up stupid. Follow thru. Seriously...im in such a mental zone at this point...i hardly even know my buddies are there. I mean of course i know they are there but for that one moment in time...im the only one on the course. Im thinking just get it close. just get it close. get it to within five feet. Give me five feet. I will take five feet all day long. Its showtime. I take my stance...few practice swings...get the feel, the rhythm...slow, but don't decelerate thru the swing. slow but firm. I address the ball. I go thru my mental checklist for the third time in nano seconds. I feel confidante, but not overly. I feel surprisingly relaxed given the magnitude of whats on the line. I pull the trigger. Everything at impact feels good. I start tracking the ball. Its a uphill pitch to the pin and it the green breaks to the left. I like my line. I like where my ball initially lands on the green. I like the speed. I start thinking ok...this has a chance of being good. The ball releases...its tracking the pin. Its about 15 ft and at the break point of the green. Sure enough it starts its break on cue. The 25 handicapper murmurs "thats going in". Im thinking damn i hope he is right but i dont say anything. Five feet from the hole...my thoughts go from screw five feet go in. Next think i know the ball drops right in the cup for an eagle. Game, set, match....WOW! what a way to win it all man. Eagle was not part of my thought process one bit. I didn't outwardly celebrate, i take into consideration how they probably feel. But my inside is going wild. Thinking to myself....thats how ya do it kid. That's how ya believe in yourself. Meanwhile...my opponents giving me my props. Classy on their part. 25 handicapper picks up his ball. My other buddy makes his birdie. I ended up winning about a hundred dollars with that pitch shot and of course a pretty good buzz later that night. A eagle to win all the doe...and a 69 to boot! yeah now that's a good day my friends....a once in a lifetime feeling. After the match, I took them both out to a nice steak joint...i bought them anything they wanted...steaks, booze, hell if they weren't so faithful to their wives i would have bought them hookers. Man oh man...funny thing is when i think back to that day....its not the money i won that i think about. Its not the fact i made a eagle on 18 to win. Its not the fact i shot my career best 69 that day. Nope none of those things really matter. The thing that stands out to me the most that day? The fact that a 25 handicapper took me to the limit that day. The fact that a 25 handicapper brought the best out in me. Think about that for a second. The fact that i was bringing out the best in him. It was a truly great battle. I still have the scorecard signed by all parties involved. It was a great moment in time...one i will never forget and forever cherish.

My friends...here is to the game of golf and life lessons.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-13-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Addict
    08-13-2016, 11:22 AM #77

How Low Can it Go (or Stay)?

Been keeping an eye on the VIX and can't believe how low it is. If you just popped in from a time warp machine from say, oh anytime since they began keeping track, and looked at the VIX sitting here at under 12 , I think you'd be forgiven for assuming that the economy must be humming along and all was right with the world. Probably you wouldn't think that most of the central banks around the globe were at negative interest, or that U.S. GDP would be lucky to reach 2% in the current year or even the next year.....In fact, at 11.55, one could argue that the VIX is "priced" (in quotation marks because you can't actually "buy" the VIX itself - it's an index) for perfection.....hence the least little hiccup could send it skyrocketing...or at least wake it from it's slumber. Today's issue of Barrons has an interesting article entitled "Call Buyers See a Market Plunge in September" Regardless of if you ultimately agree with this thesis or not, I'd urge folks here to go check it out. Here are a few excerpts;

"Some investors have started buying CBOE Volatility Index calls, betting that the stock market will suffer an extraordinary decline by late September’s expiration"

"the activity in VIX options reflects an emerging view that the equity market’s summer melt-up may give way to a cacophonous fall and winter. Trading desk chatter is increasingly focusing on three key factors that could roil stocks: an event-heavy calendar, seasonality, and the fundamental nature of volatility"

"Speculation is rampant that the U.S. central bank will raise rates later this year. Second-quarter earnings reports were decent, and economic reports are generally positive, arguably creating a solid foundation for a data-driven bank to raise rates. Hence, anything Yellen says has the potential to be a major piece of the rate puzzle"

"the third quarter tends to be the time of year when bad juju happens to good stocks"

"volatility behaves like a rubber band.....When VIX drops to excruciatingly low levels–it was recently just under 12–it tends to ferociously snap back and reset at higher levels. VIX’s long-term average is around 19, sharply higher than it is now"

“The big story,” says Rocky Fishman, a Deutsche Bank derivatives strategist, “is that we haven’t been able to stay in these low-vol environments for long.” That brings to mind an old trader’s saw: When VIX is low, it’s time to go. When VIX is high, it’s time to buy."

Good reading and good luck to all.
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-13-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Addict
    08-17-2016, 07:52 PM #78

Hey SI, 38 this morning with 12 putts!

Sign Me Up For The Senior Tour!

Addict
    08-20-2016, 09:21 AM #79

Maybe Old News

This has been floating around out there on the ol' interweb for the last day or two, so many of you may have already seen it, but I thought I'd post a link here anyway.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/0...t-pandora.aspx

08-22-2016, 11:30 PM #80
    I appreciate the shout out on T! I know it seems like a boring stock but when you have a company paying $1.92 per share and is up over 20%+ since mentioning it... congrats! Reducing your cost basis every single year by $1.92 is a no brainer. Any idiot can see the benefit of owning a telco stock. Even Verizon is a great stock!

Have you seen GPRO since my call from the mid $12's? It's doing well and mark this post because when the Hero 5 and Karma Drone hit the market, we will see 18-20+ easy. Keep in mind, I've been trading this stock since the high $8's.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey USER, MIDAS, DM, and any others hanging out here now. First of all, User I'm proud to hear of your game improvement. I'm still on the sidelines with a bum Rotator Cuff so I'll just have to help you enjoy your success.

Regarding ETE, yep I came in at $9 or $10, and still holding for additional gains in stock value and the divvies.

And thanks to Midas last year I took a significant position in "T", and that really was a good move.

Regarding the erect........err election, if you have not seen the movie "Hillary's America" which opened a week ago Friday in theatres, that is a MUST SEE. If you can't get to the movie, then pick up the book with same name by Dinesh D'souza. The movie is already rated among the top ten ever as a Politial Documentary, and #1 this year in that category......... Check out on the web the movie trailer in http://www.dineshdsouza.com/news/hil...erica-trailer/ . After that, you will surely be shouting "Go Trump". Sorry if you tried to see the movie trailer in my initial web link. Here is one that works best.

Go SIRI.
    Last edited by midas360; 08-22-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 8 of 30 ... 67891018 ...