23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 26.09%
  • No

17 73.91%
Page 2 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    09-11-2008, 11:32 PM #11
    Good point Romo, and also, good game sunday ;-)

Enthusiast
    09-12-2008, 01:48 PM #12

Crazy Like A Fox

Romo's point of view is interesting. Extrapolating that from the information that we have makes a great deal of sense to me. Mel was a Media genius for forty years. No misteps were recorded in that article. If Mel made any significant errors, they were offset by excellent business planning, execution of those plans, strategies and counter maneuvers, and good timing throughout his career. It is very, very likely that Mel Karmazin would not give a stinker of a presentation by accident.

I am reminded of another thing that Mel said in that speech that does not jibe with his past frugality. Mel said that the sell-off of XM assets like a building, were of little consequence (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it). A manager who was always worried about paper clips, would not believe for a second that an office building was small potatoes in any context. Perhaps Mel did not wish to tip his hand. Maybe he wanted Cramer and GS to think he had gone mad. Or maybe Mel really is crazy (like a fox).

This lends additional credence to romo's theory.

Page 2 of 2 12