04-12-2016, 08:46 PM #1

2012 Ford Focus Factory Radio - Losing Signal A Lot

Hello! I am new to Sirius Buzz. I own a 2012 Ford Focus that I ordered with the factory radio Sirius-capable, and have had Sirius since I took delivery of the car in mid-June, 2011. About 4-weeks ago, I started to have reception issues where I lose the signal in certain areas, like when driving down a street with numerous apartments, or when I am leaving work and I am driving under an overpass. Before, there was never a reception issue in any of these areas. Has Sirius changed the position of their satellite? Or is there an issue with my factory radio (a computer chip?)? If it's a satellite issue, is there any solution to the reception issues? If it's the radio itself, my car still has 2-years to go with the extended warranty, and the radio is covered, so it will only cost the warranty deductible to fix it. As I said, I have never had any reception issues until about 4-weeks ago.

Any suggestions?

Head Honcho
    04-13-2016, 11:39 PM #2
    It is typical to lose reception when your view of the sky is lost. Trees, overpasses, powerlines, etc, all cause reception issues.

Are you in a city? I know SiriusXM use to operate repeaters that boosted the signal in some major cities. Maybe a repeater in your area was turned off.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder