04-07-2016, 11:54 AM #1

April 7th 2016 update broke something

Sirius was amazing. Even under overpasses or in parks under thick trees, I rarely had any dropouts in my car.

Till today. I get in my car I'm listening to the news, it takes an update and suddenly, sitting in my driveway having not moved an inch, I have no signal.

Driving to work, a route I know well, I used to have ZERO dropouts. ZERO. Never. Not even in the shittiest of weather with gigantic chunks of ice falling from the sky.

Now? Since this update today? It drops out oh, I dunno, 10-15 times in areas that I have exceptional views of the sky.

They either changed something or there's a bug, but something, for certain, is broken.

Four friend/family are also reporting the same issue.

What happened? Are we switched over to poor reception XM satellites/terrestrial repeater? Say it ain't so.

04-07-2016, 12:38 PM #2
    Gets better.

Calling Sirius, I can't even get them to refresh the signal because I'm a lifetime sub but I've used my 3 transfers on the lifetime and now my radio is listed as inactive.

My radio has been "active" since then. In fact it was active up till a year after I bought it and added Sirius Premiere to it. After I added sirius premiere I noticed it displayed as inactive.

04-07-2016, 02:44 PM #3
    Same problem on a factory installed car Sirius radio. Reception is now terrible after it did some kind of automatic update today (Apr 7). Can barely get a signal!!!

04-07-2016, 04:21 PM #4
    Where are you located?

04-08-2016, 07:04 PM #5
    Started having the same issue with a Ford factory installed SiriusXM radio. Have never lost signal until this update. Now it's pretty much constantly attempting to acquire signal.

Located in Newfoundland, Canada.

04-16-2016, 06:10 PM #6
    Listen up people. If you live in Newfoundland and have Sirius, cancel your subscription. They have transferred signals to the xm satellite. If you tried or have xm in Newfoundland you know it sucks. It drops signals and you will be frustrated. Location in relation to the satellite

04-21-2016, 11:02 AM #7
    I have a Sirius spotser replay 5 plug and play I use it in my home and car now my home I have never seen it go out the. One night it had no signal for half the. Night the next morning it was back on and had the update and ever since then it's been cutting out when I drive down the road where it has never cut out befor and this is on a road with lots of tree covering the signal I live in West Virginia and love my Sirius radio but hate the signal drop outs. It drops out way more then it used to now since the update

05-27-2016, 10:43 PM #8
    Hey Colin, I don't know if you've ever gotten your problem fixed but I've had the EXACT same problem since the April 7th update. I've called and called and kept getting "tickets" made since April 7th, probably 8 calls and 5 tickets in total.

Finally, today I called and had another ticket made and then the next Tier of help called me and said that as of some point in April, Sirius did something to reroute their transponders and whatever effect it's had is permanent and if my signal now sucks after OVER 10 YEARS of great service, it'll remain so.

However, I got a third call today, the second one from the higher Tier of help person and they said something they told me today was incorrect and then sent me an XM Onyx receiver out for free and gave me a year of free XM service to try it with and that it should resolve the problem.

I currently have had 2 Sirius receivers for over 10 years now and had a third receiver which was an XM one a few years back and the signal from XM was TERRIBLE, exactly the way the Sirius signal has been since April 7th, so I don't see how this will fix the problem but I will give it a try and let you guys know the outcome.
    Last edited by QuinnMallory; 05-27-2016 at 10:46 PM.