Page 6 of 10 ... 45678 ...
    Addict
    04-21-2016, 08:39 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey User, how's your golf game? Mine is sidelined by a Rotator Cuff issue. Hope to get some help for that next week at the Sports Ortheaopedist (sp??) office. Meanwhile, I guess in response to your question, the RNC must not be Liberal enough (for the law to apply).....
    Golf game is coming around. Spent some $$$ this winter on a set 10 of lessons from GolfTec. Took your advice and spread them out over the course of about 15 weeks with lots of practice on the range and in the simulator to get things dialed in. Completely changed my swing. I'm able to draw and fade the ball pretty much on command...but there are still times I block out a draw and leave it off to the right, or pull a fade (that doesn't fade) into the water on the left...but overall it's much better.
    I've never been one to subscribe to the notion of spending lots of money on clubs in the hopes that it would magically make me a scratch player. Nope, I figured it would just make me that guy with expensive new clubs that still played like crap. But my instructor fitted me for clubs and told me that (1) the clubs I had, which I bought used, were made for someone about 6" taller than me and (2) a new set of clubs would really improve my game. I tested out best with the Callway Apex steel shafts 2% flat lie, and he quoted me $1200 for a 4-9, PW, AW.....I said "Thank you very much" and found the same set on line for $800 brand new. Also bought a new driver - the Great Big Bertha witha 9.5 degree loft. It's a nice solid driver w/out that hollow "ping" feel and sound that a lot of metal woods have. It has a definite draw bias, so with my new swing I have to be careful not to hook my drives - a problem I never had before - in fact just the opposite.
    My Swing Caddie analyzer says I'm getting 105-108 or so clubhead speed on my driver and I can hit them out there about 230-240 on the fly....who knows, with a helping breeze and some roll when the ground gets hard this summer, maybe I can get 300? Hey if you are gonna dream, why not dream big, eh?
    Anyway, that's the scoop with the golf. Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff. Hopefully it'll still allow you to swing a club...throwing and hitting are two completely different motions.
    Last edited by user34615145; 04-21-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Guru
    04-21-2016, 11:19 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Golf game is coming around. Spent some $$$ this winter on a set 10 of lessons from GolfTec. Took your advice and spread them out over the course of about 15 weeks with lots of practice on the range and in the simulator to get things dialed in. Completely changed my swing. I'm able to draw and fade the ball pretty much on command...but there are still times I block out a draw and leave it off to the right, or pull a fade (that doesn't fade) into the water on the left...but overall it's much better.
    I've never been one to subscribe to the notion of spending lots of money on clubs in the hopes that it would magically make me a scratch player. Nope, I figured it would just make me that guy with expensive new clubs that still played like crap. But my instructor fitted me for clubs and told me that (1) the clubs I had, which I bought used, were made for someone about 6" taller than me and (2) a new set of clubs would really improve my game. I tested out best with the Callway Apex steel shafts 2% flat lie, and he quoted me $1200 for a 4-9, PW, AW.....I said "Thank you very much" and found the same set on line for $800 brand new. Also bought a new driver - the Great Big Bertha witha 9.5 degree loft. It's a nice solid driver w/out that hollow "ping" feel and sound that a lot of metal woods have. It has a definite draw bias, so with my new swing I have to be careful not to hook my drives - a problem I never had before - in fact just the opposite.
    My Swing Caddie analyzer says I'm getting 105-108 or so clubhead speed on my driver and I can hit them out there about 230-240 on the fly....who knows, with a helping breeze and some roll when the ground gets hard this summer, maybe I can get 300? Hey if you are gonna dream, why not dream big, eh?
    Anyway, that's the scoop with the golf. Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff. Hopefully it'll still allow you to swing a club...throwing and hitting are two completely different motions.
    Callaway are the easy clubs to hit. Thats all i have ever played. Although the last few years i have been carrying a Titleist driver and love having it in the bag. If i were ever to switch from my callaways to other irons....Titleist would be the only other choice. Fitted clubs are the only way to go if you want to really improve your game.

Guru
    04-21-2016, 11:25 PM #53
    DM, I took a fair bite out of ETE yesterday at 10.50.....yep, it is paying off. Thanks for the tip. PS. AT was up and down today, but if you can recall some "chart reading 101" and if you are a believer, there is a Golden Cross in the making. I'm optimistic for a nice ride on this one.
    Glad you got in on ETE Si! yesterday morning it dropped to like 9.80's and i was just about to buy 8k more shares but i got distracted by something. By the time i got back to focusing on ETE the thing just took off to your 10.50 entry point. I decided at that point i would just stand pat with my original 8k shares. At this point i really need to have a serious talk with myself about my exit strategy. Up 35k$ in 15 days with this one i may have to sell at least half by the close tomorrow just to take some profit. At one point today i almost had myself convinced to sell my entire position, but the damn thing kept going higher all day. Hoping for a gap up in the morning. Again man glad you got in and made some $$$. Good stuff!! Wish siri could do the same lol.

As far as AT goes i have been checking it off and on last few days...seems its hanging in high 2.50's. I looked at the long term chart yesterday....if i recall correctly it hasn't been this high in a very long time correct? i will have to go review and refresh my memory but at the very least if you think that chart looks like it could break out...i will play it for 10k shares tomorrow see if we can get a few pennies out of it. Thanks SI!ETE 2.jpg
    Last edited by dm_4; 04-21-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 09:32 AM #54
    like i was hoping....ETE gapped up! now 11.65 WOW. Could this thing possible see 12 today?

SI...I do not think i will buy any AT...too thinly traded for me at the moment will do more research on it.
    Last edited by dm_4; 04-22-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Addict
    04-22-2016, 09:52 AM #55
    DM, looks like ETE will be the star of the week if it keeps up this action. Wouldn't surprise me to see $12 before close today. At present price it has gained 10.2% since I bought it three days ago. AT is running flat, but I see gains in the near future. A quick glance at the P&F chart shows an impressive pattern developed already, and as I mentioned yesterday, the Golden Cross has formed which usually means good news on the horizon...... At this rate, my cruise to Alaska in August will be paid for well in advance of the trip.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 10:02 AM #56
    DM, looks like ETE will be the star of the week if it keeps up this action. Wouldn't surprise me to see $12 before close today. At present price it has gained 10.2% since I bought it three days ago. AT is running flat, but I see gains in the near future. A quick glance at the P&F chart shows an impressive pattern developed already, and as I mentioned yesterday, the Golden Cross has formed which usually means good news on the horizon...... At this rate, my cruise to Alaska in August will be paid for well in advance of the trip.
    SI its crazy man....im up damn near 40k $ and i have only been in this thing since april 6th. One of my biggest scores ever in such a short time period. Like i said in a previous post time for me to convince my self to take some profit.

Ok im gonna take a chance on AT. Will keep you posted.

EDIT: SI I just bought 5k shares AT @ 2.57.

EDIT 2: I am now a tad over 40K$ profit in ETE...73% gain. man o man.
    Last edited by dm_4; 04-22-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Addict
    04-22-2016, 10:05 AM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Wow, am I impressed by your testimonial of your experience with Golf Tec. I keep telling folks their program improved my game by 10 strokes, and all I get is a eye-roll and a chuckle (yeah, sure you did). I'm glad to hear you followed my suggestions, and it sounds like maybe your game improvement will back up my brag.

I have about 10-years of custom golf club fitting and building experience (just for kicks, working out of my garage, I built and sold over 2000 clubs), so I pretty-much self-diagnosed and prescribed my club fit calculations. Just before entering the Golf Tec program I purchased a new set of Cobras, tweaked them to suit my lie and loft requirements, and hoped that produce a major boost in my game. It was during the following season that I swallowed the Golf Tec pill, and through the combination of those two major expenses, my game finally became enjoyable... Only change made since is that I sold the Cobra Driver, 3 and 5 Woods, and put in the bag a Talormade driver and a Cobra 4 Hybrid. That pretty well rounded out my needs, and now I just have to heal the shoulder a bit before I can get back out there........ PS. You are right in that the golf swing is like an underhand toss and less likely to be hindered by the rotator cuff issue. In fact, I told my Physical Therapist I will do anything she wants me to do, as long as it doesn't hinder my golf swing. At the moment however, the constant discomfort is encouraging me to get more Ortho. help before I can feel I'm ready for the game. Maybe another few weeks. Keep up the progress, and keep me posted how it goes........

Guru
    04-22-2016, 10:12 AM #58
    SI....we are now at 11.90! Some think this could get back to 20 by summer. crazy.

Addict
    04-22-2016, 10:15 AM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    SI its crazy man....im up damn near 40k $ and i have only been in this thing since april 6th. One of my biggest scores ever in such a short time period. Like i said in a previous post time for me to convince my self to take some profit.

Ok im gonna take a chance on AT. Will keep you posted.

EDIT: SI I just bought 5k shares AT @ 2.57.

I think that AT buy will be a good choice. I just noticed that ETE is at 11.90, up 13.3% for me in three days. Look also at SIRI, printed a $4 high so far this morning. What the heck is going on......... and the S&P has only gained 20 some points??

EDIT 2: I am now a tad over 40K$ profit in ETE...73% gain. man o man.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 10:21 AM #60
    SI i am getting the feeling we blow thru 12 today. Shorts are gonna wanna cover going into the weekend. Fingers crossed. New high of day 11.97!

Page 6 of 10 ... 45678 ...