02-29-2016, 08:07 PM #1

Newer Kenwood in dash unit with dock & play

I have a newer Kenwood in dash. I actually have multiple cars with similar units. In one vehicle I transferred a lifetime sub to an sxv300. It works great through the in dash. However the unit is not portable as you would have to disconnect it from the in dash every time you wanted to move it. I was considering putting an older dock and play with a stratus or similar tuner.in another vehicle. The problem is the connector that goes into the Kenwood unit. The newer connection is called a sirius connect I believe. The older units like the dock and play have a different connection. I'm sure this is intentional but it would be great to find an adaptor. This is not something that has been easy to find any info on. Anyone that can point me to something like this I would greatly appreciate it,
    Attached Images Attached Images

03-02-2016, 03:41 PM #2

Replying to my own thread

Quote Originally Posted by shughes View Post
    I have a newer Kenwood in dash. I actually have multiple cars with similar units. In one vehicle I transferred a lifetime sub to an sxv300. It works great through the in dash. However the unit is not portable as you would have to disconnect it from the in dash every time you wanted to move it. I was considering putting an older dock and play with a stratus or similar tuner.in another vehicle. The problem is the connector that goes into the Kenwood unit. The newer connection is called a sirius connect I believe. The older units like the dock and play have a different connection. I'm sure this is intentional but it would be great to find an adaptor. This is not something that has been easy to find any info on. Anyone that can point me to something like this I would greatly appreciate it,
    Based on the lack of replies, maybe this will give some idea of what I'm looking for
    Attached Images Attached Images

Head Honcho
    03-03-2016, 01:23 AM #3
    If it exists, TSS-radio.com will have it. Their custom support is awesome, just shoot them an email.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-15-2016, 02:01 PM #4

No such luck

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    If it exists, TSS-radio.com will have it. Their custom support is awesome, just shoot them an email.
    Everyone says it's not possible. But I'm still hopeful that eventually someone will come up with a DIN converter to do what I need.