Thread: Sirius XM coverage in Antigua....working well

Hybrid View

Sirius XM coverage in Antigua....working well

I tried very hard to get info on whether or not I would be able to use my stiletto in antigua. Most reports and all coverage maps said no. I purchased a home mount antenna and adapters for the cable..along with the car kit mount and an external battery pack. I am located on turners beach and have perfect reception. It's now day 2. Usually have just one bar but almost no glitches or dropouts thru the day. Perhaps lost signal for 1 or 2 minutes total thru the day. Very happy. I cannot get a reliable signal without the antenna setup. Hope this helps someone else looking. Two days til the Daytona 500 and we will b listening from Antigua.

As an update I have spent a little time experimenting to see where the satellites seem to be that I am receiving. I have moved around in front of my antenna to determine when I am blocking the signal. To my surprise it seems that the signal is generally coming from a westerly direction. I did not expect that. I had expected to be receiving from North northwest. This may make receiving the signal from th east side of the island very difficult

Attached picture shows radio with antennaIMG_20160218_151602.jpg

A little more info. I am definitely picking up satellites as they do the loop over south America. More testing today shows I lose signal when blocking only a very narrow width which is fully southwest of my location. Thi is Contrary to what I read that satellites stop broadcasting when the move over th southern section in their figure 8 loop.

5. Ad Fairy Senior Member