01-19-2016, 01:40 PM #1

Lifetime subscription woes

I'm a lifetime subscriber. My radio eventually died last year so I bought a Stratus portable. I have several cars so the portable seemed like a good idea. After buying an in dash unit that supported a hideaway tuner I decided to buy the SXV300. So now I have used 2 of my transfers. Now the problem starts. I have package that provides Howard Stern, but guess what. No 100, or 101. I call back. They send a refresh. Makes no difference. I let it go over night. I call back and they say, oh, you have an XM tuner. It doesn't work on the SXV300 since it's an XM tuner. We can "over ride" please hold. So I hold, it should be working now. No, it's still not tuning to those channels. Well, please hold.

Since you have an XM tuner you will need to upgrade for $175. No, I paid for a lifetime subscription and 2 transfers. That's $399 plus $160. And you didn't tell me I would lose any channels. We can annotate your account to credit the transfer and switch you back. Click.

I called today (888) 539-7474. Gave my number, name, address. Explained again. Sorry sir, you will need to call the group that specializes in that tuner. Here's their number: (866) 587-4225. I spoke to a very nice and obviously in America lady who sympathized and said it's not right but yes paying for the upgrade is the only way. Maybe they can do something for me but it wouldn't be her. She gave me the number of the department who would handle that. (888) 601-6296. This time I spoke to Jose who was also very sympathetic but said he didn't know what they could do. Can you please hold. I waited until the music on hold stopped and I assumed I got disconnected, then waited until I finally figured nobody was coming back about 25 minutes total on this call.

Called back and spoke to Ivan, keep in mind giving my phone number, name and address each time. Fortunately they did have good notes on my situation. Ivan put me on hold and came back rather quick and offered $50 on the Premium package. I refused. He asked if there was anything else he could do. I asked for his supervisor. She was more accomodating but not much. She offered to waive my last transfer fee if I paid for the upgrade essentially charging me an additional $95 and said I would ge the internet streaming for a year.

I think the next call is to the FCC. I love the music channels but this company needs to work on Customer Service.

Head Honcho
    01-19-2016, 06:37 PM #2
    Cant you just buy a Sirius tuner? Isnt that the issue here? You tried to transfer a Sirius lifetime sub to an XM radio. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-20-2016, 08:31 AM #3

Sirius Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Cant you just buy a Sirius tuner? Isnt that the issue here? You tried to transfer a Sirius lifetime sub to an XM radio. Maybe I'm missing something.
    That's how it was explained, but after further research, there is no sirius Tuner (at least not the SXV300). They could have told me I would lose channels before using one of my transfers and charging me the $80. Especially since we are talking about 2 channels which I already pay for in my current package.

To me it's just not right to tell someone sure we will move your sub to a new radio and thank you for your $80. Then the next day tell me, oh your tuner won't get the channels you already paid for on a lifetime subscription. However, if you give us an additional $175 we can make it work on the same hardware which tells me it's not really a hardware issue but a marketing ploy to get more money.

I realize lifetime subscriptions are a low priority as they have already gotten your money, but you can't sell them and turn your back on your customer either.

Head Honcho
    01-20-2016, 05:58 PM #4
    I think this is a pretty simple misunderstanding. Yes, the whole Sirius vs XM thing is confusing but you paid for a Sirius lifetime sub, so you need to continue using a Sirius tuner to get that Sirius lifetime feed. This isn't about grabbing your $80. It has probably cost them more to handle your support calls than the $80 they took from you. No company wants this headache.

I would simply contact the support on their facebook page, they will take care of it. That said, I would pick up a Sirius tuner before you try and right this wrong.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-22-2016, 02:03 PM #5
    I wonder if you bought a Sirius radio, even an older one, if they would transfer it without it counting as your third transfer? This is of course assuming you can recover all of your money. BTW, any idea why there are no new articles on the website?

07-01-2019, 11:12 PM #6
    I just transfered my lifetime subscription today. AT NO TIME DID THE REP MENTION CHANNELS MAY GO MISSING.(Channels 100, & 101) This is a delibrite scheme to eliminate Lifetime subscription memberships. After I was missing channels I called. Same old story. I asked my subscription to be reversed. They wanted to charge me the transfer fees $75X2= $150! I HAD TO SCREAM TO GET THEM TO REVERSE THE CHARGES! Terrible customer support. When the company started, there wasn't any mention of transfer fees, let alone thee amount of times ones could transfer. Lifetime, is supposed to be my lifetime. Not the "lifetime" of a piece of gear that will eventually burn out. There was NEVER, any mention about the "lifetime" of equipment when I signed up. And they NEEDED memberships at that time. Really Sirius??? When is enough, enough? I'm super frustrated.

07-02-2019, 06:30 PM #7

Angry Lifetime Subscription - Streaming Changes in June 2019?

I purchased two different Sirius lifetime subscriptions back in 2006. Now i live in NYC and no longer have a car so i just stream to my iPhone. A few years ago, Sirius XM started charging me to stream. I used to pay about $50 a year, now its about $80. I got most of the channels (including Howard, MLB and VSIN). In mid-June 2019, they auto renewed me but now i no longer have access to MLB play by play or VSIN (204) and who knows what else. Luckily, i still get Howard Stern (audio, not video). No one at XM Sirius can explain what happened. So now i have to pay for something i used to get for free (ignoring the $1000+ i paid them back in 2006) and i get only a fraction of the content. Does anyone know what changed or if you can still stream MLB games or VSIN? Thanks in advance.

Chris