12-05-2015, 03:28 PM #1

No Holiday Stations on Sirius XM

I searched for this subject/problem and could not find it. I apologize if it has already been addressed somewhere. I recently noticed when the Halloween music became available, Channel 18, I believe, I did not receive it. I tried signal resends with no luck. I was a bit miffed, but never called customer service. When the Christmas music started and I couldn't receive it, then I started calling customer service. At first they just kept sending out a new signal. I talked to several reps, several times, when finally one rep told me that my 2007 Dodge Dakota with Sirius was outdated as far as receiving the Holiday music. He said there was a new frequency and my radio couldn't receive it. I do get all other channels my wimpy radio can get. So before any upgrade, I wanted to hear from someone who might know how exact his information is. Thanks so much in advance.
    Casper

12-08-2015, 01:27 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes40 View Post
    I searched for this subject/problem and could not find it. I apologize if it has already been addressed somewhere. I recently noticed when the Halloween music became available, Channel 18, I believe, I did not receive it. I tried signal resends with no luck. I was a bit miffed, but never called customer service. When the Christmas music started and I couldn't receive it, then I started calling customer service. At first they just kept sending out a new signal. I talked to several reps, several times, when finally one rep told me that my 2007 Dodge Dakota with Sirius was outdated as far as receiving the Holiday music. He said there was a new frequency and my radio couldn't receive it. I do get all other channels my wimpy radio can get. So before any upgrade, I wanted to hear from someone who might know how exact his information is. Thanks so much in advance.
    Casper
    Yep. This does appear to be the case. I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/factory installed Sirius radio. It has always received holiday stations but this year cannot. I would be willing to assume that this is one of their methodologies to force people to buy their more recent radios. I hope it backfires on them. In my case, may factory installed is a 6 disc cd changer with navigation and satellite...not a chance in &#@! I am going have a new Sirius radio put in: it would cost a fortune to replace what I have. I really liked getting the holiday stations. It was one of the main reasons I subscribed. I will never buy another Sirius product or service. 2007 isn't that old and these goofballs know it. With all of the streaming music services like Amazon, Apple and others, Sirius probably knows they are a dying breed and this is likely some overpaid MBA's stupid idea. After actually hiring lawyers to prep a potential bankruptcy filing (2008/2009), they had to yank a $530 million loan from Liberty Media to avoid it. Finally they figured out they'd better do something or they were gone. So, they partnered up with the car makers...that worked well (but they have never come anywhere close to rebuilding their stock value to it's high in 2000). But now, looks like they are going to use all those car customers they grabbed to generate sales of new radios as they take away more and more of the programming that was on their radios...BUT, have you noticed your bill going down? I don't think so...just your service. I am also assembling a letter to Jeep to let them know that there are plenty of other car buying options out there and I'll not even consider another Jeep product unless and until they place pressure on Sirius to keep their end of the bargain for factory installed Sirius radios...no matter how old. I'll not be renewing my Sirius sub...ever!