Page 1 of 24 12311 ...
    11-25-2015, 11:27 AM #1

Sirius XM December 2015 Thread - Make Money, Have Fun!

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! See you in December. Happy trading/investing!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

11-30-2015, 11:18 PM #2
    Any thoughts? Big Opec meeting on Dec. 4th. I bet OPEC stands their ground hoping that fracking crude slows. Maybe Russia and Opec will both agree to cut production sending oil prices back to $50-$60 range? Strong Dollar!!!! ????
    Last edited by midas360; 11-30-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    12-01-2015, 12:44 AM #3
    Wow SN...I can't believe how i just watched the browns line up to kick a last second game winning field goal only to see it get blocked and ran back by a Ravens player for a game ending touchdown lol. My gawd is this truly what goes on to browns fans? wowza.

Addict
    12-01-2015, 07:47 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Any thoughts? Big Opec meeting on Dec. 4th. I bet OPEC stands their ground hoping that fracking crude slows. Maybe Russia and Opec will both agree to cut production sending oil prices back to $50-$60 range? Strong Dollar!!!! ????
    I think it's more likely that Santa Claus really IS real, than it is that OPEC agrees to cut production. Methinks oil is headed sub $30/bbl before it's all said and done.

The only wrinkle in the fabric right now is that Russia need oil to go back to at least $50/bbl and Saudi Arabia needs Russia to help keep Syria and Yemen under control. So there may be a little back room negotiating going on there.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...russia-in-2016
    Last edited by user34615145; 12-01-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Guru
    12-01-2015, 08:53 AM #5
    Hey Muscle i may not be an expert on EBITDA such as yourself...but i think i did alright considering.

My November Trades

NOV TRADES.PNG

Actually these trades include last two days of October as well.

I might also add that the Applied Sciences trade that i lost over $4k on....well that was a bit of unfortunate luck. Seems that the company suspected there was a targeted short attack on the stock to the point where the company actually got the FBI involved. You can read about it if you want to its in the news feeds. As soon as i saw that news...I cut bait immediately...good thing to or i would have lost thousands more. Sucks but that's the risk ya take as a trader. You never know who is on the other side of the keyboard.
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-01-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Addict
    12-01-2015, 09:21 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Wow SN...I can't believe how i just watched the browns line up to kick a last second game winning field goal only to see it get blocked and ran back by a Ravens player for a game ending touchdown lol. My gawd is this truly what goes on to browns fans? wowza.
    I stayed up for that finish last night, and I was all but sure the Browns had it in the bag. That's not the first such finish I've witnessed this year and I don't recall that a point after conversion effort was called for. Why was that necessary when the clock had already expired?

My focus now is on the College playoffs. My golfing pal is Bama all the way, and I'm Oklahoma so we're starting to build a betting pot for our respective favorite to come out on top.

12-01-2015, 09:37 AM #7
    Excellent Job DM!! I want to play too... These are my 2015 Short Term and Long Term capital gains with totals. This doesn't include all the dividends I was paid to own certain stocks worth around $82,000 and change.
    2015 Trades.jpg

Hey Muscle i may not be an expert on EBITDA such as yourself...but i think i did alright considering.

My November Trades

NOV TRADES.PNG

Actually these trades include last two days of October as well.

I might also add that the Applied Sciences trade that i lost over $4k on....well that was a bit of unfortunate luck. Seems that the company suspected there was a targeted short attack on the stock to the point where the company actually got the FBI involved. You can read about it if you want to its in the news feeds. As soon as i saw that news...I cut bait immediately...good thing to or i would have lost thousands more. Sucks but that's the risk ya take as a trader. You never know who is on the other side of the keyboard.

Guru
    12-01-2015, 09:50 AM #8
    Nice job Midas. Did you not have any short term/long term losses or do you just filter those outs? Reason i ask is because i have td and i don't think it allows filtering but i could be wrong (never really tried or looked into doing so)....looks nicer with just green showing lol.
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-01-2015 at 09:53 AM.

12-01-2015, 09:55 AM #9
    Oh I do... those are just my realized short/long term "realized" gains. I have about $49K in unrealized losses that I need to harvest or hopefully get back. As you can imagine that fluctuates. Those losses are in Seadrill (SDRL). I am waiting for Dec 4th OPEC meeting and then I will start harvesting. I did write some covered calls against SDRL to help reduce my cost basis but it's down too much from my original CB that I need to get rid of it. I still want the shares because I think Russia and Saudi, together, will cut oil production to help drive prices back to $65 by EOY 2016. U.S. Fracking production is down so I know that will help some but not in time for me to make back such a massive loss.

Nice job Midas. Did you not have any short term/long term losses or do you just filter those outs? Reason i ask is because i have td and i don't think it allows filtering but i could be wrong (never really tried or looked into doing so)....looks nicer with just green showing lol.
    Last edited by midas360; 12-01-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Guru
    12-01-2015, 10:02 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Oh I do... those are just my realized short/long term "realized" gains. I have about $49K in unrealized losses that I need to harvest or hopefully get back. As you can imagine that fluctuates. Those losses are in Seadrill (SDRL). I am waiting for Dec 4th OPEC meeting and then I will start harvesting. I did write some covered calls against SDRL to help reduce my cost basis but it's down too much from my original CB that I need to get rid of it. I still want the shares because I think Russia and Saudi, together, will cut oil production to help drive prices back to $65 by EOY 2016. U.S. Fracking production is down so I know that will help some but not in for me to make back such a massive loss.
    Ahhhhh ok i see. I just joined Fidelity and am just waiting on selling the rest of my siri core sometime this month before switching over. My hope is to start trading out of Fidelity Jan 1, 16. They gave me a pretty sweet deal to switch.

I am expecting HS news this week. Might even get that news today or tomorrow in time for Frear presentation at BOA.
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-01-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ...