Page 41 of 54 ... 31394041424351 ...
    11-19-2015, 10:05 AM #401
    Thanks DM! Still unrealized gain at this point. Holding like true holiday bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Everyone hates Bill...not me! Good am everyone good luck trading everyone. Nice hit on your apple trade Midas liked the vid too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bill-be...013058598.html

EDIT: Where are our T/A guys with updates....Denco, LB, etc? Siri looking pretty sitting at 4.16 in pre! Run doggy RUN!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

11-19-2015, 10:07 AM #402
    Contentment

Dear Glorious Father, I pray that I will stay focused on you today. I pray that You will constantly remind me to be content in all of my circumstances. I pray that You will fill me up that I may be joyful all day, even if stress creeps in. I know that through my contentment, You will be glorified. I want to honor You, Father, in all that I do. I praise Your Holy Name! Amen
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

11-19-2015, 11:24 AM #403
    Haven't seen them in awhile. Could be working, spending time with family ahead of the holiday, maybe in another chat room or forum? They've been quiet. Maybe they sold their SIRI shares and moved on? I dunno DM.

EDIT: Where are our T/A guys with updates....Denco, LB, etc? Siri looking pretty sitting at 4.16 in pre! Run doggy RUN!

11-19-2015, 11:33 AM #404
    Apple trade still moving along... Do I sell or Do I go...

AppleTodayNov192015.jpg

EDIT: SOLD! out at 118.48 ... may try again but I am now adjusting my strategy to shorting the indices. Tomorrow is OpEx and I don't expect Black Friday to be a hit nor do I think Cyber Monday will be either and the focus moves toward the fed. Good Luck All!
    Last edited by midas360; 11-19-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Guru
    11-19-2015, 12:12 PM #405
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Apple trade still moving along... Do I sell or Do I go...

AppleTodayNov192015.jpg

EDIT: SOLD! out at 118.48 ... may try again but I am now adjusting my strategy to shorting the indices. Tomorrow is OpEx and I don't expect Black Friday to be a hit nor do I think Cyber Monday will be either and the focus moves toward the fed. Good Luck All!
    never hurts to pay yourself. I just sold another 14000 share lot at 4.13 today.

Mentor
    11-19-2015, 12:28 PM #406
    What's up dudes. Still long SIRI and lurking but busy with other stuff so can't post as much. Nice trades guys!!

In..out...maybe back in to close the day?

SiriCS.jpg

EDIT: Damn, look at those BBs....bigger move coming soon....up or down

11-19-2015, 12:42 PM #407
    holy shit... nice job man! kicking myself for not holding Apple to 119 but it looked like it was backing off. Again, nice job! Those stocks with a low price and you've got the powder to buy large blocks. Boom!

I went short the indices across the board. Something tells me op ex and next week will be "weaker" than usual because of the holiday and short trading week.

Heading out to get our turkey. Going to start brining tonight until Thursday DEEP FRY BABY!

never hurts to pay yourself. I just sold another 14000 share lot at 4.13 today.

Addict
    11-20-2015, 12:58 PM #408

Netflix Trade Update

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    As you may recall, I sold puts on NFLX prior to their last earning release. Stock was trading at $114 or so and I sold the $100 puts for $2.35 or so...they missed on earnings and the stock tumbled and I ended up getting put those shares.
    the next week I sold the Nov20 $100 covered calls against those shares for $5 and I also sold the Oct31 $93.50 Put for another $2.10 or so. Those $93.50 puts expired worthless on Friday so I pocket that premium and this morning I sold the Nov20 $100 puts for another $2. One or the other is going to execute, but not both. Either way I keep the premiums..
    Well here's the latest on this trade, which has been going on since just before their earnings back in the middle of October;

The stock has now recovered from it's selloff post earnings and is hitting new highs daily. Currently trading at $121.49 as I type this. So it's a virtual certainty that the $100 covered calls that I wrote for $5 back on the Monday after earnings are going to get exercised. Likewise the Nov20 $100 puts I sold for $2 will expire worthless.
    So all in, I received $2.35 for my original $100 puts...got put the stock and sold the $100 covered calls for $5, then sold the oct31 $93.50 puts for $2.10 which expired worthless and then sold the nov20 $100 puts which will also expire worthless. All in I've collected $11.45 in premiums since I originally took a position a month ago. Since that time the stock has gone from $114 to $97 and back now to 121.49.....a long way to go for a net gain of $7.50 or so....but still a nice 6.5% return for the month if I would have simply taken a long position from the start.
    In the same time period I've made $11.45/share, or about 10%, going long and short. Not too shabby.

Could I have done better? Of course with the benefit of hind sight, I could have/should have let my long position marinate and sold the $120 covered calls a week ago and I'd be up 25% plus, but back when I sold those calls, I just wanted to see some kind gain - 5% or so would have made happy - So the $5 premium made sense for me while reducing my cost basis if the stock pulled back even more. All in all I'm pretty happy with the way this has played out.
    Last edited by user34615145; 11-20-2015 at 01:07 PM.

11-20-2015, 01:00 PM #409
    I just want to wish everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you God for giving me another day, another chance to become a better individual, another chance to give and experience love. Thank you God for giving me health, for the food you provide, for the awareness you have awaken in me...Thank you for the energy that feeds my soul, the sun that warms our bodies and the air that fills our lungs... Because of you I believe in the good without the bad and the ugly, because of you I am learning to love and accept myself, because of you I believe in believing. My source, stay connected to me today and always, for I need you in order to fullfil my spiritual tasks...God, show me how to love myself, to be able to love others. Help me become the type of person that I would like to befriend, help me forgive myself and forgive others... God, make me a channel of your energy and help me understand. I thank you God for giving me another day, another unused opportunity to do it right. Keep us all close to you and listen to our prayers. Amen.

Addict
    11-20-2015, 01:16 PM #410
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I just want to wish everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you God for giving me another day, another chance to become a better individual, another chance to give and experience love. Thank you God for giving me health, for the food you provide, for the awareness you have awaken in me...Thank you for the energy that feeds my soul, the sun that warms our bodies and the air that fills our lungs... Because of you I believe in the good without the bad and the ugly, because of you I am learning to love and accept myself, because of you I believe in believing. My source, stay connected to me today and always, for I need you in order to fullfil my spiritual tasks...God, show me how to love myself, to be able to love others. Help me become the type of person that I would like to befriend, help me forgive myself and forgive others... God, make me a channel of your energy and help me understand. I thank you God for giving me another day, another unused opportunity to do it right. Keep us all close to you and listen to our prayers. Amen.
    Well, there's three more trading days til Thanksgiving break, but since we're getting all touchy feely, here's my contribution to the cause.

Lord help me learn to know the the things I cannot control;
    the discipline to control the things I can; and the knowledge to know the difference.

Help me take one trade at a time;
    Enjoy one winner at a time;
    Accept that averaging down is just the reality of trading;
    Take small losses and big wins,
    Trade the market as it is, not as it should be;
    And be profitable in my trading, and supremely happy with my capital appreciation.

In the name of the NASDAQ, the NYSE and THE CBOE,

Amen.

Page 41 of 54 ... 31394041424351 ...