View Poll Results: How many think the Patriots will win the Superbowl this Season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Do

    0 0%
  • I Don't

    10 100.00%
Page 214 of 229 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2281

Thread: SIRI Monthly Thread October 2015 (with NFL Chat)

  1. #2131
    midas360 is offline

    Good Morning!

    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

  2. #2132
    user34615145 is offline
    Addict
    user34615145's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 668
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Numbers do matter. If SIRI did not continue to post great quarters as it consolidated, do you think it would be ready for a breakout? Of course not, because its fundamentals wouldn't say its worthy. So, I would say the numbers do matter.....

    Maybe this phrase is more appropriate - There are lots of good companies out there and there are times to own those good companies....timing is everything in the market, especially with this volatility...
    Hey LB. No I'm not saying numbers don't matter; Of course they do. My point is that it's not just about the numbers. I had this conversation with Muscle a few weeks ago. I'm simply saying that many times a company can have great metrics but the stock performs poorly in spite of those good numbers and vice versa. I think NFLX is a great example of that...by almost any metric the company is WAY overvalued and yet, with the exception of the occasional pullback, it continues to march up the stock chart. Likewise SDRL, which is admittedly heavily in debt in an industry that is wallowing in oversupply, trades at just over 2x earnings....let me say that again. 2x Earnings.

    So an investor looking at just the metrics of those two companies two years ago, for example would have passed on buying NFLX at $50 and missed out on a 100% gain in the stock price and in the meantime might have looked at SDRL and concluded that, based on the metrics the stock was starting to get mighty cheap at $40/share....well now it's less than $6.50/share and those metrics look better than ever!

    Crunching Numbers' position on SIRI is another great example. Even though he always seems to make a great argument with his number crunching, if he's taken his own advice, he's missed out on a nice opportunity. Like I said, I respect the fact that he bases his conclusions on more than just a wild ass guess, but I've not always agreed with his thesis. I think it's just as unreasonable to dismiss CN's numbers because his thesis disagrees with your own. It's always good to have that info.

    Clearly metrics are important and I think that any evaluation of a company has to start there, BUT there are so many other non-quantitative factors in play on any given stock at any given time that have to be taken into consideration with any investment opportunity.
    Last edited by user34615145; 10-29-2015 at 08:26 AM.

  3. #2133
    midas360 is offline
    I am so smart.


    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Hey LB. No I'm not saying numbers don't matter; Of course they do. My point is that it's not just about the numbers. I had this conversation with Muscle a few weeks ago. I'm simply saying that many times a company can have great metrics but the stock performs poorly in spite of those good numbers and vice versa. I think NFLX is a great example of that...by almost any metric the company is WAY overvalued and yet, with the exception of the occasional pullback, it continues to march up the stock chart. Likewise SDRL, which is admittedly heavily in debt in an industry that is wallowing in oversupply, trades at just over 2x earnings....let me say that again. 2x Earnings.

    So an investor looking at just the metrics of those two companies two years ago, for example would have passed on buying NFLX at $50 and missed out on a 100% gain in the stock price and in the meantime might have looked at SDRL and concluded that, based on the metrics the stock was starting to get mighty cheap at $40/share....well now it's less than $6.50/share and those metrics look better than ever!

    Crunching Numbers' position on SIRI is another great example. Even though he always seems to make a great argument with his number crunching, if he's taken his own advice, he's missed out on a nice opportunity. Like I said, I respect the fact that he bases his conclusions on more than just a wild ass guess, but I've not always agreed with his thesis. I think it's just as unreasonable to dismiss CN's numbers because his thesis disagrees with your own. It's always good to have that info.

    Clearly metrics are important and I think that any evaluation of a company has to start there, BUT there are so many other non-quantitative factors in play on any given stock at any given time that have to be taken into consideration with any investment opportunity.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

  4. #2134
    bdp. is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Interesting....you have my curiosity.
    After a nights sleep, I realized that trying to neutralize the childish and irresponsible antics of an absolute imbicile is a complete waste of time and effort. However, since Charles has done absolutely nothing to rid this forum of that virus, I will add another thread option to next months thread. It will be labeled "Midas Free anti BS November Thread" which will be for all of us that aren't Midas that wish to concentrate on discussing the reality of the market and not made up self glorifying nonsense that does nothing more than undermine the fabric of this forum. This should be exciting for him because that will leave an entire thread for himself that he can carry on with himself and focus on Midas as king of his minions who are also himself in any way he pleases.

  5. #2135
    midas360 is offline
    And the IGGY's roll in. Talk about missing the market open. I was up past 3:30am and still got up at 6am to get my chit in order.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

  6. #2136
    dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    After a nights sleep, I realized that trying to neutralize the childish and irresponsible antics of an absolute imbicile is a complete waste of time and effort. However, since Charles has done absolutely nothing to rid this forum of that virus, I will add another thread option to next months thread. It will be labeled "Midas Free anti BS November Thread" which will be for all of us that aren't Midas that wish to concentrate on discussing the reality of the market and not made up self glorifying nonsense that does nothing more than undermine the fabric of this forum. This should be exciting for him because that will leave an entire thread for himself that he can carry on with himself and focus on Midas as king of his minions who are also himself in any way he pleases.
    count me in buddy!

  7. #2137
    user34615145 is offline
    Addict
    user34615145's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 668
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    After a nights sleep, I realized that trying to neutralize the childish and irresponsible antics of an absolute imbicile is a complete waste of time and effort. However, since Charles has done absolutely nothing to rid this forum of that virus, I will add another thread option to next months thread. It will be labeled "Midas Free anti BS November Thread" which will be for all of us that aren't Midas that wish to concentrate on discussing the reality of the market and not made up self glorifying nonsense that does nothing more than undermine the fabric of this forum. This should be exciting for him because that will leave an entire thread for himself that he can carry on with himself and focus on Midas as king of his minions who are also himself in any way he pleases.
    Sound great! I'll see you there....and here!

  8. #2138
    Limit5Bass is offline
    Addict
    Limit5Bass's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Clearly metrics are important and I think that any evaluation of a company has to start there, BUT there are so many other non-quantitative factors in play on any given stock at any given time that have to be taken into consideration with any investment opportunity.
    Exactly. That is why I use technical analysis. There are good companies, and then there are times to own good companies.

  9. #2139
    user34615145 is offline
    Addict
    user34615145's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 668
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Exactly. That is why I use technical analysis. There are good companies, and then there are times to own good companies.
    Agreed LB...100% TA, Charting, momentum, market sentiment.

    Even for people that don't buy into TA for example...they'd better pay attention to it because other people are making investing decisions based on that....computer trading programs have algorithms built in to recognize trends and patterns, so it all plays into the price movement of a stock.

    To your point about "good companies and time to own good companies", AAPL is a perfect example. 2013 was clearly not the time to own AAPL even thought was the same good company it was before and since then....it was dead money for a full year even though the metrics were screaming BUY ME!!!!
    Last edited by user34615145; 10-29-2015 at 10:57 AM.

  10. #2140
    midas360 is offline
    Ahhhh... bless his heart. He's going to pick up his ball and leave too. I guess that means it's just me, me, me, me, and user. I love how they have to announce they are leaving to the entire forum.

    I AM LEAVING TO START A NEW FORUM WITH THE NAME "MIDAS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE HE IS LIAR FORUM." HAHAHAHAHA SMFH!!!

    Hey, don't leave all pissed off, JUST LEAVE!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Sound great! I'll see you there....and here!
    Last edited by midas360; 10-29-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •