View Poll Results: How many think the Patriots will win the Superbowl this Season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Do

0 0%
  • I Don't

10 100.00%
Page 44 of 229 ... 3442434445465494144 ...
    10-08-2015, 12:39 PM #431
    Anyone looking to buy Apple here? It could go lower but how can you pass this cash machine up? They could buy 20+ Sirius XM's with their hoard alone.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    10-08-2015, 12:40 PM #432
    Comcast continues to go up. This was such a smart move they made last week. They will compete with YouTube online and also bring Watchable to the TV through X1

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast...cing-watchable

10-08-2015, 12:41 PM #433
    NEW YORK, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM announced today that it plans to announce third quarter 2015 financial and operating results on Thursday, October 22, 2015.

SiriusXM will hold a conference call at 8:00 am ET the same day to discuss these results. Investors and the press can listen to the conference call via the company's website at investor.siriusxm.com.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    10-08-2015, 12:47 PM #434
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Yep, good observation, User. This track where I play most of the time (only 2 miles from my house) borders on the Everglades. As such, it is a haven for not only the Black Panther, but numerous other creatures including gators, pythons, water moccasins, rattlers, and the occasional bunny rabbit, snapping turtle, and ant eater.......... My neighbor is a volunteer Ranger there and he has literally a garage full of found golf balls stored in boxes, bags and baskets........ apparently he is immune to the wildlife, or he knows something others don't.

PS. I just returned from my "free" golf lesson at GolfTec wehre I set a plan to incorporate my two bonus lessons as a series over the next couple months. While there I found that they also offer a 5-lesson plan for $400 which I didn't previously know. I might consider that for the upcoming Springtime months.......... You might consider the 5-lesson package in lieu of the more costly 10 pack.

I have a friend who is "retired" but works a few days a week mowing the rough at a local course. Every year he fixes me up with a couple of shopping bags full of balls he's found and cleaned up. I never chase after balls in the woods or the weeds. Not worried so much about wildlife like you might be - with all those critters a lone golfer is down a few notches on the food chain in your neighborhood - but simply don't need to go find some ball I didn't pay for to begin with. I just drop, take a stroke and move on.

I hear you with regard to overdoing it at GolfTec. I am going to purchase the 10 lesson package, but I plan on stretching it out over the course of the off season...from Late November to March or thereabouts. One lesson every other week or so and then going in perhaps once a week to just hit on my own in order to try and reinforce what I'm learning at the lesson. We'll see how it goes, and I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Mostly I plan on placing a mat down in the basement and Putting, Putting, Putting, Putting and then, when I get tired of Putting, I'm gonna putt some more.
    Last edited by user34615145; 10-08-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Addict
    10-08-2015, 12:48 PM #435
    Ticket fly is a nice business, but it's no Ticketmaster. By comparison, San Francisco-based Ticketfly sold 16 million tickets in 2014 to 90,000 events for a value of more than $500 million in transactions. Ticketmaster processed 450 million tickets with a transactional value of $23 billion last year.

And with Ticketmaster having such a dominant position in the concert ticketing market, analyst Richard Greenfield, of BTIG questioned Pandora's rationale for wanting to buy Ticketfly. Greenfield estimates that Ticketfly has negative earnings, with $35 million in revenue during the first half of the year.

"It's very hard to see why this is a proper use of capital by Pandora," Greenfield said, in a research post. "Ticketing is a really hard business that appears to have significant risk for Pandora, [because] Pandora will be going up against a giant in Ticketmaster/Live Nation, and have no experience in ticketing or venue relationships."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13316...d-reviews.html

Now somebody explain to me why they made this deal, please..........

Addict
    10-08-2015, 12:58 PM #436
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Ticket fly is a nice business, but it's no Ticketmaster. By comparison, San Francisco-based Ticketfly sold 16 million tickets in 2014 to 90,000 events for a value of more than $500 million in transactions. Ticketmaster processed 450 million tickets with a transactional value of $23 billion last year.

And with Ticketmaster having such a dominant position in the concert ticketing market, analyst Richard Greenfield, of BTIG questioned Pandora's rationale for wanting to buy Ticketfly. Greenfield estimates that Ticketfly has negative earnings, with $35 million in revenue during the first half of the year.

"It's very hard to see why this is a proper use of capital by Pandora," Greenfield said, in a research post. "Ticketing is a really hard business that appears to have significant risk for Pandora, [because] Pandora will be going up against a giant in Ticketmaster/Live Nation, and have no experience in ticketing or venue relationships."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13316...d-reviews.html

Now somebody explain to me why they made this deal, please..........
    Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me either Muscle. I guess sometimes CEO's feel the need to "do a deal" just to prove to themselves and others that they are "players". Deals like this are how companies lose focus of what their core business is. Steve Ballmer was one who, in the course of his tenure as CEO at Microsoft, did a lot of these types of non-accretive buyouts or mergers and MSFT stock price suffered as a result. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if, in a couple of years Pandora announces that they are selling off their ticketing division (ticketfly) for a fraction of what they paid for it.

Guru
    10-08-2015, 01:03 PM #437
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    We should be getting a press release sometime today or tomorrow regarding cc date. I am going to guess the 27th or 28th.

EDIT: and boom....the 22ND it is....beautiful!!!
    Funny I know this Co better than I know myself at times.

They moved it up about a week than when they normally have it for. Can't wait!!

Let's get this above 4 and never look back guys!!

10-08-2015, 01:04 PM #438
    Lou Holtz once said "If you aren't growing, you're dying." I've heard this a lot from successful business people but you make a great point user. Sometimes they make a deal just to say they've made one.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me either Muscle. I guess sometimes CEO's feel the need to "do a deal" just to prove to themselves and others that they are "players". Deals like this are how companies lose focus of what their core business is. Steve Ballmer was one who, in the course of his tenure as CEO at Microsoft, did a lot of these types of non-accretive buyouts or mergers and MSFT stock price suffered as a result. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if, in a couple of years Pandora announces that they are selling off their ticketing division (ticketfly) for a fraction of what they paid for it.

10-08-2015, 01:06 PM #439
    After several good days in the market, everything is looking a bit exhausted. Do we get hit again or do we just sit spinning our wheels?

Guru
    10-08-2015, 01:09 PM #440
    Only about 9 more trading days until cc...let's blow the fkn roof off denco...DM4 needs to increase his 6 figure profit!