View Poll Results: How many think the Patriots will win the Superbowl this Season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Do

0 0%
  • I Don't

10 100.00%
Page 35 of 229 ... 2533343536374585135 ...
    Addict
    10-07-2015, 02:55 PM #341
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    FYI, Played 9 this morning. Got an 8:56 tee time at the local public course on Golfnow.com for $10. Couldn't pass up the deal. Played like crap but at least it didn't cost much!

It's funny. There was another tee time for 5 minutes earlier that was $22 and one that was 5 minutes later for $24.50....but sandwiched in between was this nice little deal for $10! Go figure.
    Couple of Golf testimonials here: 1) When I was a lot younger, working full time, and could afford a Club Membership, I actually worked my game down to a steady 10-11 handicap. I then aged, retired, and started partying too much. Quit golf totally for 10 years, and when I started again three years ago, I had a hard time breaking 100..... I even went the all-new gear trip along with logo caps, shoes, gloves, and balls (the ones you place on the tee), and then I sprung for the $1000 GolfTEc lesson package (video monitor and the works)......... Today, even as a Senior Citizen who with failing eyesight, I am happy to report a reduction of 15 strokes in my game, and even an occasional breaking of 80...... The only issue I have is that I just can't find the time to play more than a couple times a week.

2) I went the GolfNow path for a couple years and finally got to the point of impatience in dealing with them over mis-communicated tee times and struggles to be credited with rain checks........ Last year I learned of and took advantage of a county discount card which provides access to 4 county-owned/managed courses (two are 27 hoes, and one of those touted as one of the premier public links in the country...... I pay $75 for an annual card which provides 20% discount any time on any of those courses, $18 at each course one day each week, and a free round of golf during the year. I save my free round for the best course, during high season when green fee is $65..... I've laid off the past few weeks as weather has been simply too hot to enjoy outdoors, but this Friday I hope to get out there, weather permitting. For now, I think I'll go hit a bucket of practice balls this evening.

Keep your head down. Hit-em straight.

Guru
    10-07-2015, 02:59 PM #342
    Comcast Signals Its International Ambitions With the $1.5 Billion Buyout of Universal Studios Japan

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/comca...143205741.html

Guru
    10-07-2015, 03:03 PM #343
    Sirius XM-Type Merger Best Bet for DraftKings, FanDuel After Scandal

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13315...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

Addict
    10-07-2015, 03:11 PM #344
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Couple of Golf testimonials here: 1) When I was a lot younger, working full time, and could afford a Club Membership, I actually worked my game down to a steady 10-11 handicap. I then aged, retired, and started partying too much. Quit golf totally for 10 years, and when I started again three years ago, I had a hard time breaking 100..... I even went the all-new gear trip along with logo caps, shoes, gloves, and balls (the ones you place on the tee), and then I sprung for the $1000 GolfTEc lesson package (video monitor and the works)......... Today, even as a Senior Citizen who with failing eyesight, I am happy to report a reduction of 15 strokes in my game, and even an occasional breaking of 80...... The only issue I have is that I just can't find the time to play more than a couple times a week.

2) I went the GolfNow path for a couple years and finally got to the point of impatience in dealing with them over mis-communicated tee times and struggles to be credited with rain checks........ Last year I learned of and took advantage of a county discount card which provides access to 4 county-owned/managed courses (two are 27 hoes, and one of those touted as one of the premier public links in the country...... I pay $75 for an annual card which provides 20% discount any time on any of those courses, $18 at each course one day each week, and a free round of golf during the year. I save my free round for the best course, during high season when green fee is $65..... I've laid off the past few weeks as weather has been simply too hot to enjoy outdoors, but this Friday I hope to get out there, weather permitting. For now, I think I'll go hit a bucket of practice balls this evening.

Keep your head down. Hit-em straight.
    Awesome post SI!
    FYYI, there's a GolfTec Special this week..if you donate $20 or more this week to PGA Reach - PGA charity...you'll get a free one hour lesson at GolfTec....you have to sign up for both, but SI if you've taken lessons you know for sure that #1 Golftec is awesome and #2 $20 for a one hour lesson is a hell of a deal!

10-07-2015, 03:14 PM #345
    @User or Sly or Both... do you either of you have a Top Golf in your area? They put one up in San Antonio and it looks awesome. It's a multilayer driving range, all computerized, where you can eat, drink, play different golf games. It's always packed. I need to go check it out. Everyone rants and raves about it.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    10-07-2015, 03:22 PM #346
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @User or Sly or Both... do you either of you have a Top Golf in your area? They put one up in San Antonio and it looks awesome. It's a multilayer driving range, all computerized, where you can eat, drink, play different golf games. It's always packed. I need to go check it out. Everyone rants and raves about it.
    Not here, Midas. With over 350 golf courses in this county, I guess they figure it wouldn't be profitable.

Addict
    10-07-2015, 03:28 PM #347
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Awesome post SI!
    FYYI, there's a GolfTec Special this week..if you donate $20 or more this week to PGA Reach - PGA charity...you'll get a free one hour lesson at GolfTec....you have to sign up for both, but SI if you've taken lessons you know for sure that #1 Golftec is awesome and #2 $20 for a one hour lesson is a hell of a deal!
    GolfTec is only 3 miles from me, so I visit there frequently (located within the Golfsmith store). I have two lesson credits on the books there, earned by virtue of referring business to them. I took advantage of a previous Charitable promotion (I think it ws for First Tee), not too long ago, so that was used as a "tune up lesson". Looks like the current promotion expires in just a few days, so I must pass due to a busy schedule.

Addict
    10-07-2015, 03:35 PM #348
    GolfTec is only 3 miles from me, so I visit there frequently (located within the Golfsmith store). I have two lesson credits on the books there, earned by virtue of referring business to them. I took advantage of a previous Charitable promotion (I think it ws for First Tee), not too long ago, so that was used as a "tune up lesson". Looks like the current promotion expires in just a few days, so I must pass due to a busy schedule.
    Good deal SI...sounds like you have your bases covered. FYI to all the golfers and duffers on this board. Check out the Golftec promotion for this week...donate $20 to a PGA charity and get a free 1 hour lesson. WELL worth the price of admission at twice the cost!

Also, for those that might not have a GolfTec franchise in the area, it's something to think about getting into. I talked to the guy that has our area locked up with 6 locations and asked him how much it cost to open one store. He said $600k....I asked what his B/E was in terms of time (meaning how long before he'd earn his investment back) and he said "Five to Six"...I said "years?" and he said "no, of course not...months"
    I think they (Golftec)will even help with the financing.

Full Disclosure: I have no ownership or interest in Golftec outside of taking lessons...and no plans on initiating a position in the foreseeable future due to the fact that the area where I live is already locked up...otherwise I'd jump all over it.
    Last edited by user34615145; 10-07-2015 at 03:42 PM.

10-07-2015, 03:37 PM #349
    350 Golf Courses???? Holy Crapolly... that's a lot of courses!

Not here, Midas. With over 350 golf courses in this county, I guess they figure it wouldn't be profitable.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    10-07-2015, 04:08 PM #350
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    350 Golf Courses???? Holy Crapolly... that's a lot of courses!
    Ever hear of The Villages? That's a gated Sr. community an hour's drive north of Orlando. It is contained within approximately 35 sq. miles, has population of 110,000 with 55000 golf carts; largest Yamaha golf cart dealer in the world, at least a dozen county clubs, and 50+ golf courses. Friends of ours retired there. We visited a few days last year. Place is AWSOME, and a true Golfer's Paradise. Check out their web site at www.thevillages.com