Page 74 of 84 ... 24647273747576 ...
    09-26-2015, 11:55 PM #731
    This is great information. Thank you! I am going to go back thru those pictures to see what settings I used. The moon picture was very difficult (for me). You are correct in that I did use the auto focus. Agian, I have to tweak the image to get some of the detail to pop.

Had some fun skeet shooting on my friends farm. Was able to capture some pics of his neighbors horse. I snagged this pic with my iPhone 6 Plus camera. The cameras on these phones are not too shabby. You ever do any photography with your phone SI ? It's hit or miss with me right now. If I can stay away from digital zoom, they come out good.

12068849_10153165165267957_1573650665486261709_o (1).jpg hors.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Nice work Midas. At first blush (still working on my first cup of java too), let me ask if you have ever shot in RAW (NEF) format. I'm not sure if your post processing will handle it, and if not, then .jpeg is the best option for you. I'm a believer in capturing all available data in a photograph, and that is the benefit of shooting RAW image capture and let the post processing have a more robust chunk of information to chew on, and therefore you should see a bit more sharpness in the finished product.

The moon really captured my attention since I am fully engaged in preparations for tomorrow nights' full eclipse. I'm guessing you relied on your Auto Focus in that shot rather than using Manual. You cannot rely on simply setting the focus on infinity either, as that may or may not be the best fine tuning on various lenses. For absolute best clarity when shooting the moon is to use a very stable tripod and employ a shutter control method which raises the mirror first to avoid camera shake in the image. My choice also is to use a remote shutter control, either wired or Infra Red control. Since I cannot see the meta data associated with your shots, I cannot see or comment on f-stop or shutter speed settings/recommendations.

Best technique I've learned for capturing birds in flight is to employ my multi-shot, high speed shutter function (I get up to 5 frames per second) while maintaining optimum focus with what is called "back button focus" whereby you assign your auto focus functionality to an alternate button on the back of the camera. It is not intuitively obvious at first glance but once you read about and start using that feature, you will find it quite effective for maintaining positive focus control. I have programmed each of my cameras for back button focus, and that's the way it is for all my shots.

If you've not gone back to my Flickr page and looked at the photos posted by my buddy Jerry Herman, take a look here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jerryhermanphoto/
    Last edited by midas360; 09-27-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    09-27-2015, 12:33 AM #732
    Quote Originally Posted by SN38 View Post
    Two TD's are a lot of points, especially with Roger gunning for you. Better call in the Pope, he has done everything else this week.
    You are correct...14 pts is a ton of points in the NFL...no doubt about that. I have often found such pt spreads are not easily covered by the the team that is favored. However, I think this one gets covered. Patriots are home, Patriots have the offensive fire power and because the Patriots are out to get payback for the whole deflate gate conspiracy. The Jags could be in for a very long day tomorrow.

As far as the Pope is concerned....I find it so refreshing to see such a figure of holiness inject so much positive energy and spirit onto millions and millions of people. I have been thoroughly enlightened and entertained watching him on his American tour.

Addict
    09-27-2015, 08:28 AM #733
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    This is great information. You ever do any photography with your phone SI ? It's hit or miss with me right now. If I can stay away from digital zoom, they come out good.
    12068849_10153165165267957_1573650665486261709_o (1).jpg
    Mine is a IPhone 5S and I never think about the camera........... except three days ago when I was in the recovery room with my wife at the hospital. She had some "female" surgery; is home now, and doing fine. But........ she won't let me share those pics.

For me, I managed a few practice shots of the moon last night. Need to run them through my LightRoom process to see how I did and what I might learn before the real deal tonight.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 09-27-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Guru
    09-27-2015, 10:29 AM #734
    It's Sunday Baby!!

Good luck SN and Denco.

Denco...Atlanta D is very suspect. Romo would have shredded it. Matty ice prob throw a couple of picks today.

Full disclosure....I took Dallas and Oakland in my pool.

Guru
    09-27-2015, 10:59 AM #735
    "Just Do Your Job!"

TB12GOAT.jpg

09-27-2015, 11:31 AM #736
    I hope you get some good shots of the moon tonight. Please post. I would love to see them.

Btw, anyone catch the end of A&M and Arkansas game last night? What a game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Mine is a IPhone 5S and I never think about the camera........... except three days ago when I was in the recovery room with my wife at the hospital. She had some "female" surgery; is home now, and doing fine. But........ she won't let me share those pics.

For me, I managed a few practice shots of the moon last night. Need to run them through my LightRoom process to see how I did and what I might learn before the real deal tonight.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    09-27-2015, 11:43 AM #737
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    It's Sunday Baby!!

Good luck SN and Denco.

Denco...Atlanta D is very suspect. Romo would have shredded it. Matty ice prob throw a couple of picks today.

Full disclosure....I took Dallas and Oakland in my pool.
    Good luck DM - have New England, Balt., Oakland and Atl. in mine.

Guru
    09-27-2015, 11:52 AM #738
    Quote Originally Posted by SN38 View Post
    Good luck DM - have New England, Balt., Oakland and Atl. in mine.
    Thanks SN!

wow you took Oakland huh? Well it's always better to bet with your wallet than your heart. Not always easy to do

Guru
    09-27-2015, 01:14 PM #739
    Well as a Pat's fan i couldn't ask for a better start. Jax goes 3 and out then we get ball and score on opening drive. We can not let up.

Guru
    09-27-2015, 02:08 PM #740
    Cowboys expect Dez Bryant back for Week Seven

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Page 74 of 84 ... 24647273747576 ...