Page 70 of 84 ... 2060686970717280 ...
    09-24-2015, 09:30 PM #691
    Hey SI!

I have been using the Canon 60D camera for about 2-3 years now. It's really a nice camera. I am trying to learn all the different modes and settings. It can be a bit overwhelming when it's not your "job."

A) Canon 60D
    B) Canon EF 100-400m Lens, ISO 640, f/8, 1/500 (hummingbird)
    C) Straight from camera into iPhoto. tweaked saturation, black point, shadow, contrast. The new iPhoto in OS X El Capitan has improved and given photographers more control over the image. I do not have or use photoshop even though all my friends tell me it's so much better. Maybe one day I will take their advice.

I don't mind posting here or starting another thread in Sirius Buzz. I am sure others would prefer that the NFL and Photography talk move into their respective areas. I think we all are just going with the flow until things start to pick up? I don't mind at all. Whatever everyone else wants to do? I do find it enjoyable to be able to shoot the chit every now and then to keep the board moving whether it be stocks, economy, politics, sports, etc. To be honest, it's hard watching the market and trying to talk about 1 stock all day long. Believe it or not, I am a huge bass fisherman too. I used to fish every weekend when my dad was alive. We had a 20ft Champion with a 200hp Yamaha outboard. sm/lg/white Bass and Crappie. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey Midas, since this forum has turned into football discussion which doesn't keep my interest, rather than abandoning the site totally, I take a daily peek to see if I might find something of interest. You might have provided an inkling of hope by your insertion of the bird photos. I'm thinking wildlife photography could be a new hobby for me but before I get too involved I'd like to pose a couple of questions since you brought it up:

a) What camera did you use (film, dslr, and make/model)?
    b) Could you share some technical specifics, re. lens length, ISO settings, f-stop, shutter speed, etc.?
    c) Were those photos straight from the camera or did you perform post-processing, and if so, with what software product?

Maybe we could divide the subject matter in this forum to include not only SIRI, and NFL, and include Wildlife Photography. That would be pretty neat.

PS. I also belong to and participate in a Bass Fishing forum, and a related Fly Fishing Forum. If any of you wish to include those topics here, let me know and I'll set the stage.
    Last edited by midas360; 09-24-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-24-2015, 10:43 PM #692
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    End of the 1st quarter Giants 12. Redskins 0
    Beginning of the 4th quarter. Giants 25, Redskins 6. Not looking too good for the skins.

Guru
    09-24-2015, 10:43 PM #693
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    I took the Giants in my pool.

If Giants can stop Skins run game...Giants win this one.
    Well...Just as i predicted. Give credit to Giants...they stopped the Skins run game. This one is over early.

Guru
    09-24-2015, 10:45 PM #694
    Beginning of the 4th quarter. Giants 25, Redskins 6. Not looking too good for the skins.
    Beehaus was willing to give you giants and 4....remind me again why you did not take that action???

Maybe i misunderstood beehaus...but he did say he was willing to give you 4pts.
    Last edited by dm_4; 09-24-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Addict
    09-24-2015, 11:49 PM #695
    Final, Giants 32- Redskins 21.

Addict
    09-25-2015, 06:36 AM #696
    Well futures are up big this morning cause Yellen was overheard saying something to the effect of "ahhh, ya know what? Things are actually not that bad".

So, whatever.

More importantly, my beginners luck kicked in and the Giants didn't cough up their big lead during last night's fourth quarter, so they win! yea! Two interceptions and a blocked punt and really that's all she wrote.

09-25-2015, 07:21 AM #697
    She had some issues and was receiving medical attention. Maybe the meds loosened her up a bit.

Well futures are up big this morning cause Yellen was overheard saying something to the
    effect of "ahhh, ya know what? Things are actually not that bad".

So, whatever.

More importantly, my beginners luck kicked in and the Giants didn't cough up their big lead during last night's fourth quarter, so they win! yea! Two interceptions and a blocked punt and really that's all she wrote.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    09-25-2015, 07:49 AM #698
    Well futures are up big this morning cause Yellen was overheard saying something to the effect of "ahhh, ya know what? Things are actually not that bad".
    SnP 1967 on the upside [next resistance].
    Last edited by waldo29; 09-25-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Addict
    09-25-2015, 08:30 AM #699
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Hey SI!

I have been using the Canon 60D camera for about 2-3 years now. It's really a nice camera. I am trying to learn all the different modes and settings. It can be a bit overwhelming when it's not your "job."

A) Canon 60D
    B) Canon EF 100-400m Lens, ISO 640, f/8, 1/500 (hummingbird)
    C) Straight from camera into iPhoto. tweaked saturation, black point, shadow, contrast. The new iPhoto in OS X El Capitan has improved and given photographers more control over the image. I do not have or use photoshop even though all my friends tell me it's so much better. Maybe one day I will take their advice.

I don't mind posting here or starting another thread in Sirius Buzz. I am sure others would prefer that the NFL and Photography talk move into their respective areas. I think we all are just going with the flow until things start to pick up? I don't mind at all. Whatever everyone else wants to do? I do find it enjoyable to be able to shoot the chit every now and then to keep the board moving whether it be stocks, economy, politics, sports, etc. To be honest, it's hard watching the market and trying to talk about 1 stock all day long. Believe it or not, I am a huge bass fisherman too. I used to fish every weekend when my dad was alive. We had a 20ft Champion with a 200hp Yamaha outboard. sm/lg/white Bass and Crappie. Love it!
    Not too familiar with Canon, although I recognize the D60 as a respectable upgrade to the earlier "Rebel" line of DSLRs. I'm Nikon here with a D-5200 and a D-7100. I've used DSLRs since they first came out but never was a serious shutter bug until a year ago when I got the 7100 and a broad assortment of lenses, fancy tripods, studio lighting equipment, and the usual constant search for accessories, camera bags, etc.

Primary focus has been exotic birds, seascapes, and hopefully this coming Sunday night a chance to capture a Super Lunar Eclipse which doesn't occur too often. In fact I've spent most of this week pouring through online articles to learn the absolute best setup using a 500mm lens and certain variations of shutter speed, White Balance, Apature settings, and exposure bracketing. If lucky, I'll post a shot or two on this thread next week.... Oh before I forget, take a look at Adobe LightRoom for your post processing.

Now for my comment on SIRI: based on early futures numbers, I am somewhat optimistic to see a nice resurgence today. Time will tell.

Addict
    09-25-2015, 08:47 AM #700
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Not too familiar with Canon, although I recognize the D60 as a respectable upgrade to the earlier "Rebel" line of DSLRs. I'm Nikon here with a D-5200 and a D-7100. I've used DSLRs since they first came out but never was a serious shutter bug until a year ago when I got the 7100 and a broad assortment of lenses, fancy tripods, studio lighting equipment, and the usual constant search for accessories, camera bags, etc.

Primary focus has been exotic birds, seascapes, and hopefully this coming Sunday night a chance to capture a Super Lunar Eclipse which doesn't occur too often. In fact I've spent most of this week pouring through online articles to learn the absolute best setup using a 500mm lens and certain variations of shutter speed, White Balance, Apature settings, and exposure bracketing. If lucky, I'll post a shot or two on this thread next week.... Oh before I forget, take a look at Adobe LightRoom for your post processing.

Now for my comment on SIRI: based on early futures numbers, I am somewhat optimistic to see a nice resurgence today. Time will tell.
    When I was in my early teens I took a photography class at school....probably like a lot of kids did. We started by making our own pin-hole cameras and learned about light and reflection and refraction and a whole lot of stuff I can't even start to remember anymore. But man I was hooked. Built a darkroom in my parents basement under the stairs, complete with a sink that I piped in. Saved for an enlarger and spent all the rest of my money on chemicals and paper and film (remember film?). My dad had an old Hassleblad 2 1/4" format camera that he'd picked up somewhere so I was using that not really knowing what I had (turns out it was kind of like using a Rolex watch for track practice to time yourself). Most kids were into sports and had hero's on the field that they looked up to and tried to emulate. Not me; my hero was Ansel Adams and I spent many, many hundreds of hours and probably about a mile of film rolls and who knows how much paper and chemicals in order to try and replicate Adams stark black and white contrast pictures......somewhere in there I discovered girls and cars and other things but for about 4-5 years I was never without my camera and not a day would go by without spending at least a couple of hours taking and developing pictures.
    Be careful SI, You can get hooked on the hobby pretty fast and the next thing you know you'll be selling your kids bikes or doing whatever it takes to get the money for your next equipment fix! It's worse than Golf....and that's pretty bad (just picked up a driver for $499 - on sale!....and STILL can't hit the damn ball straight....maybe I need some new shoes?...hmmmm)
    Last edited by user34615145; 09-25-2015 at 09:05 AM.