08-20-2015, 08:16 PM #1

2008 Ford Expedition Factory Unit Static on SiriusXM Only...

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum as of today, but I have been using SiriusXM for many many years.

About a week ago, the factory nav/entertainment system in my 2008 Ford Expedition (just pre-Sync) started producing garbled static sound on all SiriusXM channels. FM, AM and other sources sound fine. The SiriusXM channel information is displayed properly, but there is so much static or garbled noise that you can barely hear the actual content.

Here is a video of the unit in my vehicle exhibiting this behavior:

https://youtu.be/oaKCfr8U61Q

I researched this issue on the web and found a few things to try, but none of them worked. Here's what I have already tried:

O Reset the radio by pulling the controlling fuse and waiting for 30 minutes, then replace the fuse (didn't fix the problem)

O Disconnect the vehicle's battery and wait overnight, then reconnect (didn't fix the problem)

O The Ford Expedition antennas leak water and corrode, so try to replace the SiriusXM antenna with a new vehicle antenna replacement (didn't fix the problem)

Is there anything else I should try before I take it to the Ford dealer?

Thanks!

Head Honcho
    08-22-2015, 09:09 PM #2
    If you already replaced the antenna then it has to be the receiver. There are only so many working parts, know what I mean?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-07-2016, 02:27 PM #3
    I started having a similar problem (no noise on Sirius except at max volume) last week. Tried all the turn off, open door, refresh signal, etc. finally disconnected the battery. Everything was fine for several days, then today, back to no useable Sirius sound. Did you ever find out what the problem was?