Page 88 of 98 ... 38788687888990 ...
    Addict
    08-29-2015, 09:21 AM #871
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    You've got to remember SXMI......left out the I.......he was a Bad Ass.....enjoyed a lot of back and forth with him on the board and through email......learned a lot from that dude.

I'm sure you got the love seat and couch my man! Sweet trade on RiteAid got you there and then some I'm sure..
    Lets not forget Burnout, or Cos, or Genesis......

Good to remember from time to time but I personally don't spend a lot of time thinking about the past. Had a great time in H.S....lots of great friendships and every once and a while I run into someone from back then - But I've never been the least bit tempted to attend any class reunion. I have no interest in rehashing past glory days.
    On the subject of nostalgia, I found this article particularly interesting and illuminating; http://www.businessinsider.com/rich-...stalgic-2015-8

08-29-2015, 09:49 AM #872
    Sounds like a couple of folks had one too many drinks reminiscing about the good old Satwaves days. BAWAHAHAHA

And Soccermom, Lexie, KOISALT, JimmyJohn, Demian Russian, Brasil, ICUCMEUC (Faulkner), AFGunner, High Risk, Ferro, beachrunner, ferrif, blackops, lipemon, MrFinn, sxinvestor, midway, moonbeam, HankTheGolfer, SiriusJenn, and the greatest REINDEER OF ALL MIDAS!! ... Hell I can name them all! HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Lets not forget Burnout, or Cos, or Genesis......

Good to remember from time to time but I personally don't spend a lot of time thinking about the past. Had a great time in H.S....lots of great friendships and every once and a while I run into someone from back then - But I've never been the least bit tempted to attend any class reunion. I have no interest in rehashing past glory days.
    On the subject of nostalgia, I found this article particularly interesting and illuminating; http://www.businessinsider.com/rich-...stalgic-2015-8
    Last edited by midas360; 08-29-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Addict
    08-29-2015, 10:29 AM #873
    But how many held Sirius 5 cents to $4? My guess is not a lot. That is the problem with trading vs investing. Buy when there is blood in the streets. And whoever said buy and hold doesn't work anymore is a fool. It's all about EBITDA! Right DM? You remember. You even made fun of me.........I was correct then and I am correct now.......

Addict
    08-29-2015, 10:54 AM #874
    Netflix at over 100 times EBITDA and 400 times next year's earnings reminds me of the old AOL Time Warner days. Does anybody actually believe that there won't be dozens of competitors entering the market and that content costs will be going down instead of up??? Heck Netflix is going to spend $5 billion on content next year. That's going to go down? Please..... My hope is Netflix goes to 10,000 times earnings so all the competition can eventually be similarly valued. What will Hulu be worth? What will HBO and Showtime be worth?

People forget that Hulu is owned by Comcast Disney and Fox. HBO is owned by Time Warner. Showtime is owned by CBS. Does anybody actually think these guys will lie down and not compete heavily with Netflix?

Before there was Google, there was Lycos, Alta Vista, and Excite. Before there was Facebook there was MySpace and Classmates.com. They were all supposed to rule the world. Nature of the open internet. Something always comes along. Please Netflix go to $1,000 per share. It will be fun to watch you take on all the competition heading your way..........
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-29-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Addict
    08-29-2015, 10:59 AM #875
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    But how many held Sirius 5 cents to $4? My guess is not a lot. That is the problem with trading vs investing. Buy when there is blood in the streets. And whoever said buy and hold doesn't work anymore is a fool. It's all about EBITDA! Right DM? You remember. You even made fun of me.........I was correct then and I am correct now.......

Well SIRI wasn't on my radar at $.05....I doubt too many people were able to pick up the stock at $.05 because from the looks of it, it was a quick dip down and back up....I think if you were ballsey enough to buy at $.05 you doubled your money in like a day, so good for you if that's the case. I bot in the mid $.30's and sold the last of that chunk two years ago at over $4...but that was two years ago...and where are we now? Looking at a lot of the names listed by Denco and Midas, it seems to me that it's been about that long (two years) since many of them last came around so one could surmise that they too may have sold out around the same time. $.05 to $4+ is a hellava ride.......but even you, Muscle, as a dyed in the wool buy and hold investor, have to admit that the last two years of watching this stock go from $4+ to $3.07 to $4+ again and now to $3.83 has been frustrating at the very least. Raptor listed several points a day or so ago that should have propelled SIRI well past it's current price by now. Frustrating does not begin to describe this stock so you can't really blame people for moving on.

08-29-2015, 10:59 AM #876
    Before there was XYZ (who's it gonna be) company, there was Sirius XM Radio. Before Sirius XM Radio, there was AM FM radio.

I know you will get upset at this but we can apply the same logic across the board.

So you honestly think if one company is over valued that the market will do the same for others?

Netflix at over 100 times EBITDA and 400 times next year's earnings reminds me of the old AOL Time Warner days. Does anybody actually believe that there won't be dozens of competitors entering the market and that content costs will be going down instead of up??? Heck Netflix is going to spend $5 billion on content next year. That's going to go down? Please..... My hope is Netflix goes to 10,000 times earnings so all the competition can eventually be similarly valued. What will Hulu be worth? What will HBO and Showtime be worth?

People forget that Hulu is owned by Comcast Disney and Fox. HBO is owned by Time Warner. Showtime is owned by CBS. Does anybody actually think these guys will lie down and not compete heavily with Netflix?

Before there was Google, there was Lycos, Alta Vista, and Excite. Before there was Facebook there was MySpace and Classmates.com. They were all supposed to rule the world. Nature of the open internet. Something always comes along. Please Netflix go to $1,000 per share. It will be fun to watch you take on all the competition heading your way..........

Addict
    08-29-2015, 11:05 AM #877

NFLX may be trading at 100 EBITDA and 400 times next year's earnings but it's also up 135% in the last two years.....whereas SIRI, well, not so much. So you have to ask yourself....Would you rather have invested $100k in NFLX two years ago and watched it grow to $235K or would you rather have invested $100k in SIRI over the same timeframe and watched it "grow" to.....well about $100k?
    Put another way, do you like making money or do you like watching money just sit there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-29-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Addict
    08-29-2015, 11:06 AM #878
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Before there was XYZ (who's it gonna be) company, there was Sirius XM Radio. Before Sirius XM Radio, there was AM FM radio.

I know you will get upset at this but we can apply the same logic across the board.

So you honestly think if one company is over valued that the market will do the same for others?
    My comment was about the open internet with no barrier to entry. You try to launch radio satellites or lay cable fiber to homes and tell me there is no barrier to entry. The internet is a whole different animal. You or me can start an internet radio station in approximately 5 minutes time for free.

Addict
    08-29-2015, 11:11 AM #879
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    NFLX may be trading at 100 EBITDA and 400 times next year's earnings but it's also up 135% in the last two years.....whereas SIRI, well, not so much. So you have to ask yourself....Would you rather have invested $100k in NFLX two years ago and watched it grow to $235K or would you rather have invested $100k in SIRI over the same timeframe and watched it "grow" to.....well about $100k?
    Put another way, do you like making money or do you like watching money just sit there?
    What I like to do is invest in companies where I know they will exist 10-15 years from now and dominate their space. I am an investor. I am not a trader. I also hate these boards because there are guys posting every single day here under multiple names that are the old posters all you guys talked about yesterday. Why? Who knows? To me it is complete nonsense. There are even old posters here having conversations with themselves under multiple aliases. It serves no purpose at all. I guess you can also say.......nature of the internet.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-29-2015 at 11:19 AM.

08-29-2015, 11:18 AM #880
    I got what you were saying. I wasn't disputing it. You do bring up another interesting point though in "Barrier to Entry." It's like Google or any other company trying to get into the internet delivery business. The telcos and cable companies have already busted through the barriers. Google is now going thru what others had to do. Granted, I am sure the telcos and cable companies have made it easier for them but they still need to navigate the red tape. Would you not agree?

My comment was about the open internet with no barrier to entry. You try to launch radio satellites or lay cable fiber to homes and tell me there is no barrier to entry. The internet is a whole different animal. You or me can start an internet radio station in approximately 5 minutes time for free.

Page 88 of 98 ... 38788687888990 ...